Ludia Forums

Immunity Rework

There is a lot of discussion about arena, balance, variaty, and how these could be improved. So I’ve been thinking about the powerful Dinosaurs we have to choose from. We have Magnapyritor, Erlidominus, Ardontismaxima, Procerathomimus, Geminititan in Tyrant tier. 4/10 Tyrants have full Imnunity! Another off topic thing I found was that 9/10 have Dodge or Dodge countering abilities! Anyways looking at our meta I think we have way too many creatures with full Imnunity, it does too much for do many too options to to have it!

So I’m proposing a change to immune Dinosaurs. The only creatures to keep the full 100% immunity are anything being or involving synapsid ingredients. So our list of full Immune creatures would be Dimetrodon, Dime G2, Secodontosaurus, and Ophiacodon plus anything with these in their genome (Ankylocodon, Ardontismaxima, Ardontosaurus, and Magnapyritor). The basic Dino’s of this group don’t have any outstanding or overly powerful stats and would suffer without the full Immune, and being synapsid they are trymue Dino’s either. I think this would bring a lot more variety into our teams and the arena.

Now what to do with all of the Dino’s losing the full Imnunity? Well we will give them fitting partial Immunities that complement their stats, kit, and niches? I’d love to hear your ideas but here’s what I think I would do.

Erlidominus
Health 3300
Attack 1600
Speed 129
Armor 0%
Critical 20%

Minimal Speed-up Strike
Rampage
Strike & Run
Cloak
Immune to Distraction
Immune to Deceleration

These two Immunities keep Erlidominus doing what Erlidominus does, incredibly high speedy damage.

Geminititan
Health 6000
Attack 1400
Speed 110
Armor 00%
Critical 05%

Null Strike
Decelerating Rampage
Instant Distraction
Long Defense
Immune to Stun

Indominus Rex
Health 4500
Attack 1600
Speed 107
Armor 00%
Critical 20%

Armor Piercing Strike
Armor Piercing Impact
Armor Piercing Rampage
Cloak
Immune to Distraction
Immune to DOT

I think these Immunities suit the Great I-Rex very well. With Immune to Distraction to keep it’s huge damage output while Immune to DOT allows it to keep up it keep up it’s health. Possible Imnunity Immune to Stun.

Indominus Rex Gen 2
Health 4500
Attack 1600
Speed 108
Armor 00%
Critical 20%

Definite Strike
Mutual Fury
Armor Piercing Rampage
Cloak
Immune to Distraction
Immune to Stun

I think giving the Gen 2 version of I-Rex Immune to Stuns allows it a different nich than it’s Gen 1 variant. Of Course Immune to Stun for it’s Damage.

Monomimus
Health 3150
Attack 1130
Speed 127
Armor 00%
Critical 05%

Nullifying Strike
Distracting strike
Distracting Rampage
Evasive Stance
Immune to Stun
Immune to Swap Prevention

Now I know Monomimus needs buffed/reworked big time, but these Immunities allows Monomimus’s best attributes to shine.

Procerathomimus
Health 3100
Attack 1300
Speed 131
Armor 00%
Critical 05%

Null Strike
Distracting Rampage
Instant Distraction
Evasive Stance
Immune to Stun
Immune to Swap Distraction

These Immunities keep Wrathomimus ready to fight with Immune to Stun keeping it attack ready and Immune to Deceleration allowing it to stay ahead of the rest.

Pterovexus
Health 4140
Attack 1200
Speed 129
Armor 00%
Critical 05%

Pinning strike
Leathal Swoop
Null Impact
Distraction Rampage
Immune to Swap Prevention

Immune to Swap Prevention allowing it use it’s Swoop at any time, Immune to Stun keeps that dreaded ability away!

So what do you think about this idea? Do you think it would help with arena Diversity? Do you think this is a bad idea? What would you di with Immunity or Immune creature?

• I think this is a great idea!
  • I think this is a bad idea!
  • This is pointless.

0 voters

I think it is a bad idea. Leave and let live because we all know with every change that is made, more bugs are put into the game. It is balanced for once and there are not many noticeable bugs in the game. I would be safe to say that the bugs are at a minimum. Nothing needs to be changed.

5 Likes

Yeah that is sort of what I thought too. But at the same time if done right it could be a good way to diversify things a little more.

Yea, no I’m just shaking my head right now. Immunity and the creatures that have it are fine as they are, so please don’t give Ludia any terrible ideas, thank you!!!

2 Likes

Immune creatures are fine. Although from here on, less blanket immunity and more specifics on new creatures is probably the way forward.

6 Likes

Yeah would work, it would balance everything out over time.

1 Like

I think removing Immunity from any subset of dinos would incur the wrath (and rightfully so) of anyone who has put boosts/major resources into any of the affected dinos. It’s the same argument being made about the Rat right now by heavily invested users or those who took OG Monomimus up to 30.

One way around this would be to invent some new sort of attack that damages immunes more (than non-immunes) OR a “bleed” that ignores immunity. Find other ways around it rather than nerf a whole set of creatures.

3 Likes

I agree except with Geminititan who didn’t have Immuniti to begin with and shouldn’t have it at all.

3 Likes

On that I totally agree. :wink:

1 Like

It wouldn’t be immunity if something could get around it. It is the one ability that doesn’t need a way to bypass it.

Merely suggesting there are other ways to work around the property rather than nerfing a bunch of dinos. Those were just a couple off the cuff. They could always revert the HP and/or attack points they added with the most recent update as well.

2 Likes

Don’t you dare touch my Indominus!

4 Likes

Of course you vote for your own idea

1 Like

I dont like the idea of changing to many dinos that have always been immune… i would like them to take a look at dinos they handed out immunities back when they made evasion useless.

This is an evasion meta now… it was there all along but dc kept the influx of low health evasive creatures at bay. Now the evasive meta is in full swing… and when a monster like maxine goes from tyrant to many calling it useless (its far from it actually) it just shows how strong evasion is right now. Maxine is probaly drops to high apex without a change to its damage output or health.

But at the same time evasion as a mechanic is ok… its just over represented in the top dinos. I dont want Ludia really touching the evasion mechanic and making it useless again. So maybe looking at the immunities is a good idea.

3 Likes

I’d be fine taking those immunities away. An indo that can be distracted / stunned again? Would add more potential counters. Maybe even make indo g2 a bit more manageable.

1 Like

Problem? Also I wanted to see the poll results, so I voted, in the option I think works.

Its not different then someone who has had to bench a dino because the meta moved on without them… ie dilor or either of the sino speedsters.

I had to bench my utahsino last night… the lack of rat made him less relevant and with all immunities his kit (which i loved) isnt as good as it once was. I looked at rinex who was already benched and i could have got to equal levels… but immunities again.

Ultimately i settled on a magna who was 4 levels under but filled a role i need. I sucked up a boost loss to refund the boosts i had on utahsino and put them on magna. Something i normally wouldnt do but since i refuse to buy them it was a choice i made.

If they followed my advice on the immunities… it might be something I regret down the road. But ultimately the game will be better for it. To many dinos whos kits rely on distractions, stuns, bleeds are made significantly worse by the large amounts of immunities in the end game right now.

1 Like

I think we’re making the same point. Gemini excluded, there haven’t been any MORE (fully) immune dinos added, the difference is that they’ve become more powerful. Before, the trade off of having one on your team was its lack of HP or damage. No doubt the immune meta has arrived with the increased stats.

OP’s point of how do we deal with these newly 'roided bunch of immunes goes to a different point, or at least that’s how I interpreted it which was; “how do we make immunity counter-able”. As you said, we can’t distract/stun/bleed them, so his choice was to take some of their immunity away. My counter-point was just to say that taking away a base ability (being fully immune since the beginning of the game) would undoubtedly upset each and every person who chose to sink resources into said dinos BECAUSE of said immunity.

TL;DR - just because metas come and go, dinos kits shouldn’t drastically change to accomodate. Find other ways to even things out.

3 Likes

I mostly agree but indominus and erlidominus should have immunity to stun as well, because it would suck if you got stunned during cloak

3 Likes

Yeah I thought the same thing, I liked the DOT Immunity on indominus though.

1 Like