Ludia Forums

Impossible achievement

Hey Ludia I have really tried and so has my son to get drone dead shot but can’t . I have vip I am a veteran drone but still can’t do it after weeks and weeks of trying so can’t progress on achievements as I am sure this one opens up lots of new achievements or next player level . This is supposed to be fun not frustrating. Please help or lower the shots required or make it a rare please .

2 Likes

it was lowered from 10 already.
it takes some practice, but Koolasuchus, eucladoceros, and megistotherium seem to be the easiest ones to attempt on. I also recommend using the Veteran drone setting if you’re not already as it is very responsive and fires pretty much immediately after you lift your finger compared to rookie which is slow to move and classic which drifts a bit.

5 Likes

These are achievements, they are earned and not handed to you on a silver platter. Ludia has already lowered the requirements from 10 to 8, and this is much better than before. It is no impossible as others have said, it is doable, they would have not included it if it wasn’t, it just takes practice and the right creature to dart such as koola or megisto.

2 Likes

I just had an alliance mate do it.
I wouldn’t have a problem with never getting that task complete, but since everything’s locked behind it, I felt justified in not doing it myself.
Bad game design.

3 Likes

It’s not so much a problem that it is a difficult achievement, the problem is that it locks out progress on other achievements. I’m not a great shot. I’ve switched over to Veteran Drone to learn how to use it to shoot and it is quicker and took a little practice to get used to it. But I’m still a bad shooter.

Imagine if everybody’s achievement progress was blocked by the get 5,000 Direct Hits on the Velociraptor. It’s not a very difficult achievement, but it will take a considerable amount of time to complete. Some will complete it faster than others, but there would be many complaints if your achievement progress was going to be blocked for months because they couldn’t work on and complete other achievements until this one was completed.

I have no problem with achievements being locked behind other achievements as long as those achievements are related. For example; Get 200 Direct Hits on a Common unlocks 200 Direct Hits on a Rare unlocks 200 Direct Hits on an Epic. These are all related and each one is progressively more difficult than the previous. But if you had to Defeat T-Rex 10 Times in PvP to unlock Feed 100 Creatures in Sanctuary those are completely unrelated and your skill to complete a PvP achievement shouldn’t lock out a non-PvP achievement.

5 Likes

I struggled to get mine until I changed to Veteran setting. Then I managed to get it on Koolasuchus during normal weekly attempt. I’d also recommend Ankylosaurus too as a very easy one to dart. Just try and get right on top of it to guarantee full drone time.

I am on veteran drone and have been since it came out , I have tried on all those said dinos and so has my son but still can’t do it .

How do you get an alliance member to do it for you ? Thanks

Veteran drone and something big and slow. I did it with Ankylosaurus. It was not impossible at 10 but it took practice.

How do you get salis ce member to do it ?

Agree that drone dead shot should unlock early and not be a progress gate to other achievements. However I can also say that once you finish that one everything else is really easy…so I’m not sure what happened there. Either way I think a reworking of the achievement system to have more things track sooner (but be invisible/unobtainable until they’re unlocked) would be nice. That way stuff like drone dead shot could be worked on before level 10, if that progress gate is still desired.

Finally got the drone dead shot achievement done thanks to the nest protector scents!

1 Like

Finally knocked it out…

Tried on Koolasuchus a couple times but always failed miserably. Came close a couple with Erlikosaurus hitting 7 times but always choked.

Today, I needed to complete drone strikes on Baryonyx. Not an ideal Dino to try and get 8 direct hits on. Managed to get a couple lucky tail shots, had 7 direct hits and less than a second to fire off one more dart. Moved quickly and was sure I missed the Direct hit, but the Achievement popped up meaning it hit. Glad to be over that hurdle. :grinning:

2 Likes

Oh bruh, that’s easy. Ankylosaurus and Baryonyx are one of the easiest Epics to achieve this on.

1 Like

I couldn’t even get close with Ankylosaurus the other day.

Not everybody is a good shot.

i dread therapod types that aren’t raptors. they’re so hard to dart. them and rhinos and snakes.
snakes don’t move naturally! the spin on a point and it looks way out of place. sliding in one direction while turning in another is not natural.

3 Likes

Snakes are the worst. All dinos rotate on a single Z axis and the snakes weren’t animated with a normal snake movement which still would have been a challenge to hit, but at least more predictable (kind of like trying to hit a moving foot, tough but at least you know the pattern of the movement).

Or maybe their body should have been coiled up stationary with their head and tail sticking out and those parts moving with targets on them.

Anything that seemed more natural.

5 Likes

i darted boa today and to see it trying to rotate and move in the direction the head was turning was disastrous. it looked like it moved at an angle. it works fine for most other creatures, but not long, thin tubes that don’t have enough coils when turning.

2 Likes

To me, trying to dart epic boa is like trying to hit/shoot a dart at the heart of any of the in-game snakes during their death animations which would be looped for eternity. Yeah I really wish that the snakes movements during darting was more natural instead of having them shake all over the place, it pains me to dart them now since I am trying to study herpetology and seeing their movements just chip away at my soul

1 Like

I honestly think that Rhinos ares the hardest to dart. Hands down. I want to say that a close second would be big theropods and Hadrosaurs. Especially Allo G2 and Oranosaurus.

2 Likes