Improving Tall-Legged Crocodiles

I surprised this thread hasn’t popped up yet, but yeah. Since Ludia launched 2.0 a couple months ago, the tall-legged crocodilian(I’m gonna call them TLCs from now) family has been lacking a whole lot. Their stats got slashed, their niche’s destroyed, their abilites nerfed…

So here we are today, set back onto improving these crocodilians to their former glory.

Non-Hybrids
Nundasuchus

Is there really anything wrong with Nunda? It’s a pretty balanced common creature and does well for it’s rarity. It was affected the least out of any TLC, the only change to Nunda was adding Vulnerable immunity. It doesn’t make sense for any TLCs to not have this immunity because their entire playstyle is based around busting tanks.

Kaprosuchus

Kapro got destroyed by 2.0. First of the group ferocity moves are weaker versions of the normal ferocity moves in the arena, so I did a slight revamp to the move. It now buffs attack for as long as the normal ferocious strike does for itself. For the team its still two turns. Kapro is also supposed to counter resilients and in order to make it different from Nunda, I gave it stun resistance. Group Cleansing Impact allows it to deal bigger damage while still cleansing the entire team. It can’t cleanse every turn now but face it, who uses Kapro to cleanse in raids anyways?

Postosuchus

Posto gets the Kapro treatment. Its Group Ferocity Strike has been turned into a group ferocious impact, allowing it to deal the massive damage it once used to do. The damage buff and stun resistance lets it take down more resilients with a bit of luck. DoT resistance doesn’t fit the theme of Posto so it had to be removed

Hybrids
Gorgosuchus

The damage buff to Gorgo allows its two turn damage potential to reach just above 6k. This allows it to easily counter one of the epic tournament kings, diplodocus. The stun resistance allows it to counter Sarcorixis and the better group moves help it play well in the arena as well.

Postimetrodon

Postometri has been made more raid oriented, GEH swaps its normal heal, its group ferocity strike has been buffed to posto’s group ferocious impact, it now has all of dimetrodon’s resistances, and its normal fierce impact has been changed to a group shattering impact. It also gains more attack for the same reason as gorgosuchus, and the 20% crit from posto. The health is nerfed by 300 points for balancing

Megalosuchus

Here we are at the master TLC. It gains a health buff because it needs health to be able to counterattack, it gains a damage buff, crit buff to match gorgosuchus, speed buff, better resistances, and all raid oriented moves. Ludia made these creatures for raids, so the master TLC should be an amazing raider.

Let me know your thoughts in this poll!

Which reworks did you like?
  • All of them
  • Nundasuchus
  • Kaprosuchus
  • Postosuchus
  • Gorgosuchus
  • Postimetrodon
  • Megalosuchus
  • None of them

0 voters

Also tell me here if you thought any were too much

Which were too OP?
  • All of them
  • Nundasuchus
  • Kaprosuchus
  • Postosuchus
  • Gorgosuchus
  • Postimetrodon
  • Megalosuchus
  • None of them

0 voters

And also which are were too weak

Which were too weak?
  • All of them
  • Nundasuchus
  • Kaprosuchus
  • Postosuchus
  • Gorgosuchus
  • Postimetrodon
  • Megalosuchus
  • None of them

0 voters

1 Like

Can I have explainations for some of these? @Piroraptor why do you think Nunda is too weak?

I voted for an error

1 Like

@DinosaursRCool you gave Postosuchus more damage than it’s ever had before, so that combined with Ferocious Impact is probably too much.

Apart from that, I think Kapro would be a better fierce creature if you swapped its basic move with its Impact move.

The only other things I’d like to bring up are that you could have incorporated the other Adrenaline moves back into their movesets, I think giving them more fierce abilities would be better than giving them cleansing damaging abilities, since that messes with the typecast now that you can’t decelerate them and they have so much HP. Right now it’s fine because they have much lower damage, but with your reworks a cleansing Impact would deal a ton to a cunning creature.
Also, giving them Group Shattering moves is not really against any rules, but that’s the pigs’ signature move, so it sort of cheapens the family-based moveset idea.

Also Postimetrodon and Megalosuchus can basically Heal all the way to full HP every time they use GEH. That combined with their higher damage output might also be too much.

3 Likes

I see, posti and megalo can heal 4050 hp if ferocious boosted… now I know where you’re coming from :joy:

For the Group impacts, yeah it’s kinda cheeky giving them the pig family moves, but Ludia made these guys raiders so I feel like they need such moves. I mean Thor doesn’t look like a pig…

I just realized that because of how ferocious moves work, posti would be able to one shot half the cunning non hybrids… he needs to be toned down a bit. With Kapro I tried to keep it with the theme but as I look at them they really kinda destroy cunning creatures.

1 Like

Yeah, but it’s one of those things where they had no better ideas lol. Again, no rules being broken, I just prefer giving each family their own thing.

1 Like

how come some can cleanse vulnerability if they are immune?
postimetri
gorgosuchus
postosuchus
kapro,
they all have vulner immunity and they have ability to cleanse vulner
they dont need vulner immunity then

Those moves aren’t exclusive to them, they cleanse vulnerability on some other creatures that have them.

i know but why should something immune to vulner need to cleanse vulner?
it would make sense if it resisted it by like 75% or something

Because Ludia doesn’t want to make different versions of the same move for different creatures.
Take the example of Healing moves. They cleanse everything, even on Immune creatures.

Besides, there isn’t really a problem here.

Some really cool ideas except for postosuchus,Ferocious impact have to go,no creature should deal 2,25X damage turn one except if the damage are bellow 1000.
We all have complain about critical doing 1,5X damage ,and seeing critical impact on some raptor could deal 2,25X damage,it was a mistake for sure,ferocious impact is in the same path,I will accept it back only with a delay.
If ferocious impact was remove in 2.0,there were a reason,it was OP

I’m certain no one else here agrees with you. Posto 1.14 was not OP. Ask anyone, it was one of the model rares. `Now its just a weakling…

Everyone used to play posto before 2.0,including myself,who here don’t have his posto lvl 30?
It was one of the few with ornitho to be broken as a rare.
It was a must in tourney and some people even used to play it end game.
It got very good speed,and the first turn,was able to deliver a huge 5,5Kdamage (maybe more) max boosted,even thor couldn’t done that first turn.

Posto was very easily countered. All the raptors, terror birds, and basically any cunning creature in existence counters it. I agree that my version with 1.5k damage is broken, but the post 2.0 version was completely balanced

Ah,yeah now i remember ,his damage were 1450 and got ferocious impact first turn,so he was able to reach 6K damage the first turn,
it was a nightmare and nobody want to see that again.
Ferocious impact have to go,even sarcorixis need a nerf about that.
Just look how it ruined the last tourney,there is plenty of thread about that

The majority probably

That’s a low bar lol

Look, use even levels for balancing. Anything else is usually considered a futile effort. Postosuchus was one of the best Rares no doubt, but overpowered? I’m not sure. But with the typecast system the proposed version is kinda broken, as @DinosaursRCool admitted.
Without the typecast system where it was deceleratable and all I don’t think a lot of people had problems with it, but I could be wrong.

1 Like

That’s a boost problem not a posto problem. That’s like saying thor should be nerfed because he can be boosted to be nitro

And it happened,thor speed is now 105 for a reason.
I would accept sarcorixis and posto to get ferocious if THERE WASN’T SPEED BOOST.
But sadly for you,we live in a game where a posto can easily beat any raptor with just 2 more speed boosts and so break the logic of the game.
So,it is a big no from me unless they are remove.

A raptor can also get two more speed boosts…

I’d rather get rid of speed boosts then have them limit every creature in the game tbh. Even Ludia apparently doesn’t take them into account.

1 Like