Inclusive, how?

According to a developer response to a review (which I can no longer find): "Lovelink was designed to be as inclusive as possible."

It may have started that way, but as time goes on, it’s clear to see that’s no longer the case. Now I understand that the male characters are the most popular, but if Ludia is going to make such BOLD statements, their actions should reflect that, but they don’t. :roll_eyes:

So, to cut a long story short, neglecting the female character and the (albeit small) player base that only matches with them is NOT inclusive.

2 Likes

I want to see Queen B come into play because what the heck?! Why have such a potentially diverse character pop up but never put them into the rotation.

2 Likes

I do appreciate the chance to define my MC’s sexuality as asexual in this recent date with Gabe. I think I’ve matched with all the available matches since Lovelink started, and this is the first time I’ve seen this option, so that’s something. I play MeChat as well as LL, and as an ace player sometimes I find the lack of choices about sexual encounters there a bit alienating. This is much appreciated, and I’d love more choices like this. You’re totally right that they do favor their male matches over others, but this ace option was one very rare step toward inclusivity that meant a lot to me. You don’t see it a lot in choice-based romance games TBH.

2 Likes