Ludia Forums

Increases prices suddenly?

Honestly this post is more of a complaint/rant. Noticed everything for purchase in store went up by quite a bit and why? There isn’t any reason for the prices to go up si much. What use to be $100 for bucks is now $115. It’s not like we don’t purchase the big ones but makingnit wmthat much more expensive is some bs.

1 Like

Did you recently level up? Because I’m pretty sure store prices go up when you do, and I know, it’s really unfair. I might finally almost have enough to buy an epic incubator for example and then the price goes up

Very legit question. Why is that @Ludia_Developers, @E.D, anyone else? This increase is on every single option to purchase with real $$.

1 Like

This game is losing players right and left. They need to sell items for more now, in order to keep up with their profits. My thoughts at least

Have you seen the price of a cheeseburger lately? A dev has got to eat. :grin:

I just looked and all the prices are still the same they’ve always been.

Where are you located? It could be changes in currency exchange rates causing problems.

I’ve been level 20 for 2 years and I’m seeing the price increases too.

I believe the prices went up for Android users, but not IOS. So you could install the game on an IOS system, and pay that way. Or you can just boycott them, until they equalize/lower the prices.
It stinks if you use the Google pay, that gives you small amount of reward points to incentivize you to buy things, to eventually use as a coupon. .

Recently the prices were raised, for android users. ( I am in the US and in California, so perhaps the prices are different somewhere else.)
I sent an email to customer support saying, hey the prices went up in comparison to IOS users.
I sent a picture of the price difference of 10%.
I was told by customer support the team was working on the issue and to force close my game to restart my game to fix things.
I did a restart, and the prices went from 10% higher to 15% higher.
I was like really? I had to laugh because you just told me to close my game so the prices would go up even higher on me.
Because of this, I have basically stopped buying stuff.
I do want to point out, that the largest customer base for this game is the United States and the majority are Android users, so you might want to not alienate the largest customer base to maybe choose other gaming options. I still don’t understand why you are constantly advertising to us other gaming platform as it is.

1 Like

I have brought up this issue with my amber club rep and he has told me it is in part due to
an issue with google play and the conversion rates. Each time I have mentioned it to him during working hours it has gotten changed shortly after. So I can assure you it is not being done intentionally.

All I can say is I won’t buy anything until it’s fixed (Android user in the U.S.)

1 Like

The France specials look great. I am really hurting for that Compy epic dna.
Too bad I won’t be buying them because of the price discrepancy.
For some reason my prices are much higher than IOS
I see 114.99 USD instead of 99.99 for the
I also see 59.99 USD instead of 49.99

Instead of me buying them all, I might go home and just buy the 49.99 one using an old Iphone.

There is a reason why I say “I might”
I have seen posts before from LUDIA indicating they would address these discrepancies,
but here is the thing, if it keeps happening it feels intentional.
If it feels intentional, I feel lied to.
If I feel lied to, I don’t trust the product and I feel hesitant to buy.
I really want to trust the product, but these price discrepancies don’t help.
I live in the US and use an Android based phone. I figure I am in the main target customer demographic.
So I don’t understand this.

Hey Whitecat31, the correct price should be showing in the Market now for your devices. Could you please try restarting your game?

@Ned Nope still 114.99 and 59.99 but at least they did not go even higher, like the last time customer support told me to restart.

Hey there, Whitecat31. Could I ask you to take a screenshot of the prices from your iPhone and Android device and send it to our team at support+forums@ludia.com? It’d allow our team to take a closer look at things. Please include your support key in the email as well.

Thanks!

Just here to confirm I’m seeing the higher prices as well. Also on Android.

@Ned So restarting the game clearly did not work.
So I restarted my phone and launched the game.
This also did not work.
I then got out of the game and did some other things.
I restarted the game, and I had the correct prices.
Currently, I have it correct for the France prices.
I was able to to buy the 49.99 one for 49.99.
I was able to to buy the 19.99 one for 19.99.
I am also able to buy the 99.99 one for 99.99
On the other hand I am looking at something called a Premium Carnivores Gone Wild promotion and it is listed at 54.99 instead of 49.99

So I guess baby steps.

Thanks for updating us, Whitecat31! Could you please check the Premium Carnivores Gone Wild offer again and see if there are any changes?

After I bought the 99.99 one the carnivore dropped in price. @Ned but also the Mammolania is being sold for 109.99