Ludia Forums

Incubation Chamber Management

Having acquired quite a few tournament creatures that I am working to hatch out and level, I started to wonder what method everyone uses when they are building up their bench? How often do you use bucks? Or do you work towards one creature at a time? Etc.

I personally always try to keep my first incubation port open, hatching common and rare creatures throughout the day and typically popping in a super rare over night whilst the other three are used for legendary creatures.

With the tournament creatures I usually will do a round in increments…for example hatching a Troodon (that I haven’t popped yet), and then using the other two ports for a Gorgosaurus to fuse with the 20 I already have.

It’s not a topic that is subject to a great deal of variation but didn’t notice a topic on it and always enjoy everyone’s insight.

1 Like

I do something very similar unless I have a specific goal in mind. First slot is reserved for low hatch time creatures for during the day and gets a +8 hour hatcher at night. The other three will be where I place creatures that take longer than 12 hours. I was doing Tournament creatures in these slots but I have been selling all of them off and trying to hatch out all of my rare and super rare hybrids that I have been getting from custom trades. If I have a specific creature I am looking to build up I will pop multiple of them in pods so that I can make quick progress of hatching them.

2 Likes

First free hatchery I use for the commons, rares, VIPs and then a SR at night… sometimes I’ll throw in one of the hybrids that might take up to 24 hours if I don’t want to wait on another spot to open up for it. When I was a newer player, I would use the next hatchery for a tournament and then the last two would typically get a pair of legendaries. Now I more often tend to use all 3 for tournaments or hybrids, but sometimes I’ll throw some legendaries in there again, particularly the ones I need to finish making all the various hybrids. I always try to have them finish hatching at the same time so that I’m not always needing to pay for the most expensive spot… my spreadsheet comes in real handy for that in cases where I may need to pair something with another creature of a similar hatch time. Likewise if I am hatching only 1 tournament, I’ll need to match up what I put in there to try and have the final 2 that I load finish at approximately the same time as the tournament does. Other than during the Hatchery discount (if I actually manage to get up in time for it!) I rarely use DBs for speedups… other than if I do have stuff that isn’t hatching at the same time, I’ll sometimes use a speedup if that’s going to cost me less than paying for the most expensive hatchery spots will.

1 Like

This is what I do too although I also now use the first one for the Gen 2 which take 24 hours.

I am very prone to accidentally using pod 1, when I forget hatch pod 1 is empty and I buy a 6 day hatch dino, which then auto hatches in pod 1. :frowning:

Yes, as I said, I’ll use that first hatchery for ones that take a day or so as well, particularly if my commons and rares are fairly cleared out (only recently have gotten to the point that they are). I generally try to avoid what you show here, where the 2nd spot is going to clear with 2 days left on the others (and thus having to pay the highest price to add something else due to how they slide over).

Seems we are all in agreement. Cooking my last two ceratosaurs for a cerazinosaurus, then starting on the Yudon.

I will speed up the hatchery when it’s under 1,000 DBs. So about 3 days, I think. Sometimes longer if I don’t have anything planned to go in. I will speed up the ceratosaurs once they are under 1,000 (maybe 8/900) to throw some yutys in.

2 Likes

I’m pretty similar to what is mentioned above. My first spot is anything that takes a max of 1d12h. I also am completely maxed on the number of commons I can have and most of the rares. So it’s a lot of super rares, VIPs and a few of the legendaries. Try and time these as well if my backlog of creation lab dino’s is dropping too low (keep a separate list on my phone to make sure they’re all being evolved up to the levels I want them at). Otherwise, everything else goes into the other 3 slots. I try and do what @Mary_Jo does as far as get timers to line up so that I don’t have to spend as much to open new slots. General rule now is that if legendaries get under 350db or 7d hatches get under 750db, I’ll spend that. But I don’t really spend bucks on anything else in the game. If I could ever get to the hatchery discount, I would splurge a bunch more. For the one back in September, I think I spent like 40k bucks in total? Kept my creation pods busy for a good long while.

Thanks so much to everyone for their thoughts, seems us great minds think alike. :slight_smile:

@Badgerzzz Your pain is my own…done that so…how many times isn’t important. LOL

I need to start taking advantage of discounts, gonna get me some hybrids tomorrow.

1 Like

Made a panic buy with 15% off hybrids earlier today and forgot to check that 1st hatchery pod was occupied.

It wasn’t and this thing is stuck in there for a week! :frowning:

4 Likes

I think we all feel your pain having done that ourselves. :smiley:

2 Likes

Bad luck badger!! That’s the one mistake I’ve never made, but I’m aware it could happen at any moment.

I like to put in 3 hybrids on Thursdays, then on Tuesday speed up discount I’ll hatch 1 or 2 then put in legendaries until the Thursday 20% off

This week I’m only buying 2 x segnosuchus so I’ll have an incubation chamber free for an indoraptor. Exciting stuff, my life.

3 Likes

I’ve been mass hatching out my legendary backlog, doing three of the same at a time in the pay slots. The problem is sometimes I forget to put something else in there. When I look later I feel like an idiot, just wasting 3 times the hours before I check.

2 Likes

I don’t forget very often but the Hatchery and the Evolution chambers seem to be the one thing that is really affected by playing on multiple devices. I’ll put something in to hatch on one device and if I don’t remember to save and close the game (leaving it running in the background) more times than not when I open it on my other device, it’s gone and I have to start from scratch (going back to the other one NEVER works when this happens to bring it back). Had this happen today when I got a hybrid Fusion going, and it was pretty expensive so I just HOPE I didn’t get double charged for it as well!

3 Likes

This seems so familiar to me that it hurts to see your picture even though it did not happen to me recently. But it did more than once.

4 Likes

When I put something to hatch or evolve, I always do a couple of other tasks before closing the game for this reason as I’ve found empty chambers after putting something in to cook too

I always collect some coins or look at my missions or something

No idea if it works…

2 Likes

Thanks you lot for subliminally planting this in my head

2 Likes

Don’t blame me. I posted my own incompetence as warning. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I just did the same thing. Grrrrr!!

3 Likes

Must be some kind of virus. I’m going to enter my chamber only if I have a surgical mask available.

5 Likes

I was swearing like a sailor!!!

Tommi, it’s not safe, pandemic imminent

1 Like