Ludia Forums

Incubation Times

I’ve wanted to compile a list of incubation times (time required to hatch) for different creatures for a while, so I may as well try to do it here so others can benefit (if someone else has already compiled such a list, please let me know where it is). Feel free to add times below, and I’ll try to edit this initial post as opportunity allows.

Note: when you open your market, any cards you have readily available will be listed in the order of time required to incubate, starting with the least (the button under the card will say “Hatch” instead of the DNA price). So if a dinosaur isn’t listed below, you could still estimate its incubation time if you do have a dinosaur that’s listed below. For instance, I have a Carnotaurus ready to incubate (not listed below as of this typing), but it’s left of the Euoplocephalus, so I know that it will take less than 5 hours to incubate. One exception: any legendaries unlocked with JW loyalty points will always appear to the far right, it seems. These creatures almost always take 6 hours to incubate, so far as I can tell. I hope that explanation is more helpful than confusing. Good luck planning your hatching!

Aerotitan: 12 hrs, 42 mins
Alanqa: 8 mins
Allosaurus: 1 hr, 35 mins
Andrewsarchus: 4 hrs, 49 mins
Carnotaurus: 3 hrs, 22 mins
Corythosaurus: 2 hrs, 30 mins
Darwinopterus: 7 days
Diplodocus: 3 hrs, 33 mins
Entelodon: 4 hrs, 50 mins
Eremotherium: 19 hs, 50 mins
Euoplocephalus: 4 hrs, 59 mins
Giganotosaurus: 1 hr, 40 mins
Glyptodon: 4 hrs, 50 mins
Hatzegopteryx: 29 mins
Helicoprion: 12 hrs, 42 mins
Hyaenodon: 6 hrs
Icthyostega: 2 days, 3 hrs
Irritator: 1 hr, 46 mins
Kelenken: 18 hrs, 31 mins
Koolasuchus: 2 hrs, 20 mins
Labyrinthodontia: 18 mins
Megaloceros: 4hrs, 50 mins
Pyroraptor: 2 hrs, 49 mins
Rhamphorynchus: 3 hrs, 32 mins
Smilodon: 19 hrs, 49 mins
Suchomimus: 1 day, 8 hrs
Tapajera: 2 hrs, 49 mins
Tapejalosaurus: 14 hrs, 4 mins
Triceratops: 2 mins
Trinacromerum: 12 hrs, 42 mins
Tyrannotitan: 3hrs, 10 mins
Zalmoxes: 7 days

3 Likes

These ones that take nearly a week to hatch are silly. That seems too long to me to wait. Yes I know you can speed it up but that takes irl cash to buy dino bucks if you aren’t luck enough to win much. I don’t win a lot because my wheels mostly land on coins or food and occasionally a new dinosaur, sighs. If I am going to pay cash for bucks to play I would like to land On other things besides cash or food. I feel the wheel is rigged when I see a lot of groups of coins or food on the wheel. Also it’s annoying to get advanced prize wheel and only win 5k food or 19k coins almost constantly. Really guys, make the prizes being worthy of being on its wheel. also, maybe shorten some of these long incubation times. I really would like to be able to use the dino sometime this century. Thank you.

There is a fairly comprehensive list at the wiki website http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Jurassic_World:_The_Game

2 Likes

Ah, thank you, Sionsith! I will stop working on my re-invented wheel.

Your welcome, I almost started a list and then I thought, let me google this real quick. The lists are still a fun way to get involved with the game but can be teadious.

1 Like

Depending on what you want on your list you may need to watch for changes over time. Certainly the same creatures change at times and finding them quickly takes skill most don’t have.

Has anyone else noticed that when evolving dinosaurs since the update as long as you don’t try and speed up the bar it is successful on the first shot? I have noticed sine the update it seems every single evolve has gone through on the first try, unless I speed up the process and then it might take two or three attempts? It has been great and if intended thank you Ludia!!!

That’s a negative here. It took three days to evolve my doggone Troodon. At 8 hours a pop, it probably took 7-8 revolution attempts. Painstaking!

Glad you’re having good luck. Hope you’re not jinxed!

Of course right after I post it stops today, might have fixed something that wasn’t supposed to be happening :frowning:

Yes I’ve been noticing when I try to speed up an evolve it takes anywhere from 3 to about 6 times…that’s a lot of dino bucks and D N A! Update seemed to intensify it so I quit trying to speed up unless it’s pretty cheap.

I never spend dino bucks on evolutions; waste of money when you only get bumped up 1/10 of the way. If I want to speed up a hatching dinosaur, I will sometimes go hunting for dinobucks via PvP.

Glad to find the information on incubation times, this will be really helpful as a fairly new player! I agree, the ones taking 6 days are a bit ridiculous. I try to just have only one incubator at any time being held up that long but even still, sucks having one tied up for so long, that just seems kind of an arbitrary annoyance to put something in there that is pretty much too expensive to work around and just annoys players and often makes us have to wait to hatch out some of our better dinos. I have learned to collect as much gold as possible and use that to swap at the Trading Post for dino bucks, since the Tapjoy system of getting them by completing actions outside the game seems to fail more often than not, so I gave up on even trying those anymore.

Many of us use that first, free incubator for common, rare, and super rare creatures, since all of them hatch in less than 24 hours. The other three incubators are for legendaries, all of which take over 24 hours. I usually try to have one incubator for aquatic, one for cenozoic, and one for Jurassic, but I sometimes alter that plan. Do what is fun for you!

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s close to what I am doing, I’ve tried to have at least one that is available at least a couple times a day, two that will take more a day or two at most, and the last for the ones that take REALLY long. I’m early enough in the game that I don’t want to get really stuck waiting for a second or third incubator if I need to meet some new mission requirement. I just hadn’t until now learned definitely how to figure out which ones would take the longest!

I went to edit this post (mostly for my own personal reasons), but for some reason I can’t any more. So I’m copying the list and updating it. The hatching times are available on the JW:TG Fandom site, but I prefer to have them here; it loads faster. I’ll add creatures as I get opportunity.

Aerotitan: 12 hrs, 42 mins
Alanqa: 8 mins
Allosaurus: 1 hr, 35 mins
Amargasaurus: 1 week
Andrewsarchus: 4 hrs, 49 mins
Ankylosaurus: 7 hours, 8 minutes
Archelon: 1 week
Arctodus: 6 hrs, 56 mins
Argentinosaurus: 15 minutes
Baryonyx: 6 hours
Bonitasaura: 20 minutes
Brontotherium: 6 hours
Carnotaurus: 3 hrs, 22 mins
Ceratosaurus: 1 week
Coloborhynchus: 19 minutes
Concavenator: 6 hours
Corythosaurus: 2 hrs, 30 mins
Dakoderma: 1 day, 1 hr
Dakosaurus: 8 hrs, 48 mins
Darwinopterus: 7 days
Deinocheirus: 5 days, 21 hours
Dilophosaurus: 3 hours
Diplodocus: 3 hrs, 33 mins
Diplosuchus: 24 hours
Diplotator: 4 hrs, 56 mins
Doedicurus: 21 hrs, 51 mins
Dsungaripterus: 2 hrs
Einiosaurus: 1 week
Eolambia: 6 hours
Edestus: 1 week
Elasmosaurus: 12 hrs, 41 mins
Entelodon: 4 hrs, 50 mins
Eremotherium: 19 hs, 50 mins
Euoplocephalus: 4 hrs, 59 mins
Giganotosaurus: 1 hr, 40 mins
Glyptodon: 4 hrs, 50 mins
Gorgosaurus: 1 week
Gorgosuchus: 1 week
Guanlong: 23 minutes
Hatzegopteryx: 29 mins
Helicoprion: 12 hrs, 42 mins
Hyaenodon: 6 hrs
Icthyostega: 2 days, 3 hrs
Indominus Rex: 1 week
Indoraptor: 1 week
Irritator: 1 hr, 46 mins
Kelenken: 18 hrs, 31 mins
Koolasuchus: 2 hrs, 20 mins
Labyrinthodontia: 18 mins
Leptocleidus: 10 hrs, 20 mins
Leptostega: 22 hrs, 33 mins
Limnoscellis: 10 minutes
Mastadonsaurus: 6 hours
Megaloceros: 4hrs, 50 mins
Megalosaurus: 1 week
Metriacanthosaurus: 1 week
Microposaurus: 1 day, 5 hours
Monostegoceratops: 3 days, 7 hours
Mosasaurus: 1 week
Nasutoceratops: 1 hr, 53 mins
Nundagosaurus: 8 hrs
Nundasuchus: 3 hrs, 33 mins
Onchopristus: 11 hrs, 9 mins
Ophiacodon: 3 hrs, 33 mins
Ostafrikosaurus: 1 day, 23 hoiurs
Pachycephalosaurus: 2 hrs, 12 minutes
Pachyceratops: 8 hrs, 7 mins
Pachyrhinosaurus: 1 week
Parasaura: 12 hrs, 54 mins
Parasaurolophus: 7 hrs, 8 mins
Phorusrhacus: 19 hrs, 49 mins
Protostega: 9 hrs, 43 mins
Pyroraptor: 2 hrs, 49 mins
Rajasaurus: 8 hrs, 22 mins
Rhamphorynchus: 3 hrs, 32 mins
Sarkastadon: 3 hrs, 32 mins
Shunosaurus: 2 days, 9 hours
Smilodon: 19 hrs, 49 mins
Spinoraptor: 19 hrs, 50 mins
Spinosaurus: 11 hrs, 10 mins
Stegoceratoprs: 16 hours, 40 minutes
Stegosaurus: 11 hrs, 10 mins
Suchomimus: 1 day, 8 hrs
Suchoripterus: 2 days, 17 hrs
Stegosaurus: 11 hours, 10 mins
Supersaurus: 9 hrs, 44 mins
Suprannotitan: 1 day, 3 hrs
Tapajera: 2 hrs, 49 mins
Tapejalosaurus: 14 hrs, 4 mins
Triceratops: 2 mins
Trinacromerum: 12 hrs, 42 mins
Troodon: 1 week
Tyrannosaurus rex: 2 days, 17 hours
Tyrannotitan: 3 hrs, 10 mins
Uintatherium: 7 hrs, 36 mins
Xiphanctus: 12 hrs, 41 mins
Yutyrannus: 1 week
Zalmoxes: 7 days
Zhejiangopterus: 6 hours

3 Likes

Wow, great job. I really wish these would get paired down along with cool down times on dinosaurs you battle with.

1 Like

Information coming soon for battle cool down predictors. I have been gathering and collecting data and there is a definite pattern and relation to rarity, health, and level of creature that is directly attributable to the cool down after battle. The crazy thing is that attack seems to play zero role in the calculation, making tanks real bad for cool downs and glass canons fantastic. Anyways future write up and forum post to come in the future on it.

5 Likes

In case it’s useful, the time for a single evolution attempt (note: some of these I can’t remember. It’s been a while, for example, since I evolved a rare or super rare hybrid. Correct me if I’m wrong, and I’ll alter this post. I also haven’t evolved any super hybrids yet, so no info on those creatures yet):

Commons (non-hybrids)
-Level 10 to 11: 5 mins/attempt
-Level 20 to 21: 30 mins/attempt
-Level 30 to 31: 1 hr/attempt

Rares (non-hybrids)
-Level 10 to 11: 30 mins/attempt
-Level 20 to 21: 1 hr/attempt
-Level 30 to 31: 2 hrs/attempt

Super Rares (non-hybrids)
-Level 10 to 11: 1 hr/attempt
-Level 20 to 21: 2 hrs/attempt
-Level 30 to 31: 4 hrs/attempt

Legendaries (non-hybrids)
-Level 10 to 11: 2 hrs/attempt
-Level 20 to 21: 4 hrs/attempt
-Level 30 to 31: 8 hrs/attempt

Rares (hybrids)
-Level 20 to 21: 4 hrs/attempt
-Level 30 to 31: 8 hrs/attempt

Super Rares (hybrids)
-Level 10 to 11: 4 hrs/attempt
-Level 20 to 21: 8 hrs/attempt
-Level 30 to 31: 12 hrs/attempt

Legendaries (hybrids)
-Level 10 to 11: 8 hrs/attempt
-Level 20 to 21: 12 hrs/attempt
-Level 30 to 31: 24 hrs/attempt

Rare Super-hybrid (Diplosuchus)

Super Rare Super-Hybrid (Monostegoceratops)
Original fusion (Level 40 Stegoceratops + 2000 Mono-S-DNA): 4 hrs/attempt

Fusions (putting two level 40s together to make a hybrid)
Legendary + Legendary = 4 hrs/attempt

4 Likes

Very useful for unexperienced players. I’ve done this so often that I know them by heart and I do not want to know what I forgot in return.

2 Likes

I try not to use the 200-dinobuck-activation unless it’s for something that takes at least 4 hours per attempt, but I can’t remember what’s 4 hours and what’s not, so it’s for me as much as for anyone else.

2 Likes