Indominus Rex Tournament 6/21-6/24

It seems the tournament is open early, normally these don’t go live until 9am PST and are only 73 hours but it looks like this one will be at least 77 hours.

No rules that I see and it’s going to be using the Jurassic group of creatures. After a few hours I will lay out a rough projection if it is following the pattern of any previous tournaments.

As always this thread will be to discuss the tournament, anyone is welcome to discuss but most of the topic will be centered around the Dominator league.

3 Likes

Without you I would have missed the start, thanks.

I will be curious to see how this event goes. The folks who usually finish in Dominator will have, presumably, already unlocked the Indominus; the folks who would most benefit from unlocking Indominus are the ones who often struggle to finish in Dominator. It’s a bit of sad irony (if I’m right). I will play as leisure and desire allow, but I kind of will try not to finish in Dominator; as someone who has Indominus, I don’t want to “steal” a spot from someone who could really use her. Like most legendary hybrids, she’s a bear to unlock, and getting her through a tournament would be so much easier. We’ll see how the event plays out.

2 Likes

I think that you cannot steal anyone’s Indominus Rex. The ranking in your league is calculated and has nothing to do if another person is in your league or not.
Go on and catch the lady.

3 Likes

The climb was slow, but i managed to get to #89 in Dominator with my besties still unused. I’m a little worried about going further so i’ll wait until i drop back into Predator.
It’s nice to use the full might of my dinos for once.
Also, Out of Nowhere Insane Matchup Syndrome (ONIMS) seems to be back, evidenced by a lvl 20 Yudon in hunter league.

1 Like

Only happens if you sandbag at a certain level. I can’t say I have ever seen the crazy match up unless I am not bringing an appropriate team.

@Tommi is correct @HanSoloWannaBe you would only be “stealing” it from yourself. I don’t think there is any indication that when you get to 100 in Dominator that you have now kicked someone down to predator. Since the entire tournament set up seems to be you versus a preplanned chain of events of scores either you make it or you don’t but if you don’t it doesn’t mean someone else did.

3 Likes

Agreed your not playing real people and i doubt the scores on your leaderboard are real players either just looking at my predator league and the points are 1st at 200, 2nd at 199, 3rd 198 etc etc just get your I-Rex

Fair comments, all. I suspect you’re right that all the thresholds are (somewhat) rigged ahead of time, but I’d hate to play a lot and drive the Dominator threshold up when I’d prefer it be kept lower for others who really could benefit from the Indominus.

Happy hunting (fighting), all!

1 Like

I too met some crazy matchups in hunter league, and I thought what I brought was not that far off to warrant meeting crazies. Anyway, that’s water under the bridge (or boba fett into the sand pit). Had some fun with two relative wussies and an indoraptor 10, still gets the win in dominator.

1 Like

CONNECTION TO GAME SERVER LOST

rahhhhhhh!!!

Thats my 3rd match out of 6 that I have had interrupted (the other 2 were loss of battery, and then I tried to get a pitta bread crumb off my screen and swiped up by mistake)

3 Likes

@DinoStan: be careful mentioning Boba Fett. According to the now-defunct EU, he supposedly escaped our friendly neighborhood Sarlacc…

@NatoPMT: yeah, the game is getting to the point where if a butterfly flaps its wings in Peking, in Central Park a JW:TG gets a disconnect instead of a win.

Sometimes you have to look at the game server disconnects and think that that is one big pile…

5 Likes

That’s odd, I did not have this issue for over a week.
Here is my first day.

3 Likes

Han, you’re the man on all things Boba. After all, he is your BFF.
I’ll change the analogy to John Hammond shredded by velociraptors.

1 Like

@HanSoloWannaBe I’m the exact player you describe although I’ll give my best shot at finishing in Dominator. I’ll have to probably do it the way I have before, by grabbing a win at the last minute to move up but so far have never been able to do so successfully in a Jurassic tournament as I just didn’t have enough dinos of a level to compete due to the longer CDs. I’ve been hard at work leveling up more stuff and could even push all their levels higher if need be (all my VIPs I’ve left at 11-12 so they stay close in ferocity to my level 40 legendaries). Just won my match in Predator spot 17 to move into Dominator 100 so it does seem to be possible. Really the server bug is the biggest issue as I can barely afford ANY losses let alone one that I might otherwise win.

Agree as well that your sitting out won’t be likely to make it easier, but it sure was a nice thought. It really should work that way but pretty obviously does not.

3 Likes

Does anyone know or have an idea if the points levels for each league are based on a average from previous tournaments or if they are just preset?

How many people are actually playing in this tournament? I haven’t been playing this game much the past year since jwa was released. I did enjoy these tournaments a lot, but most players unlocked indominus a few years ago. I wouldn’t think there would be many original players participating in this tournament.

I am almost willing to bet they are preset, based on data collected over lots of tournaments. I am not 100% but the curve most tournaments follow is to uniform to be based on actual players action.

3 Likes

Well so far I seem to be in a sweet spot where my dinos are not too low that the AI completely obliterates me with crazy hard opponents, just completed a match from Predator spot 4 with my best 3 and got a tough, but fair and winnable match for 34 trophies. So have spent the day dropping into Predator and then winning back up into one of the bottom 5 spots in Dominator. So far cooldowns not been an issue but will have to see how things go over the weekend when it tends to go faster. Not the easiest way to finish there but it’s my best strategy play.

It may be the first time I have to forego the concurrent PvE events since I don’t have enough jurassic teams to do both. But will see. Depends on what they throw at me to put up.

1 Like

Finally made a complete run. Had about 6 timeouts, mostly on winnable battles, including 2 of my top 5 groups.

1 Like

I unlocked him last year, but I do not care because tournaments are fun. I do participate in each tournament no matter if I owe the reward or not.

2 Likes