Ludia Forums

Indoraptor and Monolorhino

I feel like Indoraptor and Monolorhino are quite disappointing uniques, especially when compared to the hybrids before them.

Though I don’t think my version of Indoraptor will be added to the game, I personally think it’s better. Indominus rex is the star of its own movie and when it came out the cloak ability was amazing. Indoraptor is star of its own movie aswell; I feel as if it is underwhelming considering its rarity and what came before it.
better Indoraptor

The same can be said with the Monolorhino except it is not in a movie. I find the current version of this hybrid distasteful and could use some reworking. Although I am not expecting it to be as unbalanced as its predecessor monolometrodon, however if I was the one to make it this is what I would come up with.
better Monolorhino2

4 Likes

Well if either of these changes were enacted they would both join the team immediately lol though do we really want a bunch of those overboosted overleveled indoraptors running around in avairy with moves like that?

3 Likes

The Speed Resistance for Indoraptor shouldn’t be higher than 50%

Other than that, I agree, I miss when it had DSR.

1 Like

Why does indoraptor have no basic move

4 Likes

Honestly, both fo them are fine rn, Rhino is a great choice as a support/swapper and Indo is the supposed to be the first unique, it shouldn’t be top tier

11 Likes

In my opinion, I feel like indoraptor is underwhelming especially when compared to indominus. I know it’s supposed to be your first unique but it could be better. It’s indoraptor, and iconic dinosaur that was a star of a movie. I feel like it should be better.

again my opinion

1 Like

Monolorhino is perfectly fine, it’s one of the top dinos in the meta without being broken (yes it’s better than metrodon). Plus the change you made to it would be a nerf, reducing its utility by a lot and making it a free kill for thor/mortem after swapping in

3 Likes

1 Like

Monolorhino is borderline OP, he is a big part of the swapping fiesta because he is basically impossible to kill in 2 turns due to his very good resists/move set, making him a very strong standalone fighter despite being a “swapper”

2 Likes

I do think this is better, but did make mine a bit strong

1 Like

better Monolorhino2
is this better

I do think your Indoraptor is better than mine since I did make it a bit strong but I don’t about Erlidominus though

1 Like

The good thing about rhino is being able to both shield and distract in turn 1, which helps him deal with most fierce and resilients. Limiting his turn 1 to only resilient strike is a big nerf, even more if you reduce its base damage

1 Like

can I use it?

ok, I see. Thank you for your feedback

Moveset is fine what he needs is more damage

Both these creatures are reasonably balanced. Although it’s clear that indoraptor is on the lower end of uniques it certainly doesn’t qualify as useless like some of the others (looking at pouky and entelania). Access to dodge, cunning, cleansing, and armor piercing is a strong combo, as well as stunning immunity and reasonable distraction resistance. It’s not top tier, but the moveset and resistances aren’t to blame. It is just a cunning that can be slowed in a resilient heavy meta that struggles against other similar creatures who perform better like erlikospynx and magna. Doesn’t mean it needs a drastic change. Monorhino is also…extremely strong. The only reason it isn’t used more is because for some weird reason regular rhino does more swap damage. Drop regular rhino’s swap damage or raise monorhino’s swap damage and I can assure you rhino would be once again top tier very quickly.

5 Likes

I don’t get it about Mrhino. I’m looking for an excuse to get it in, but it has a 1x and 1.5x attack, the latter only available on turn 2?!

And the damage is soooo low. Including of the swap-in variety. Meanwhile the rat is smashing in for 2-3k.

And it’s tyrant tier?! Am clearly missing something. Does it give good back rubs?

It’s incredibly bulky and can 1v1 Magnus, as well as being kind of hard to kill in a boosted meta

2 Likes