Ludia Forums

Indoraptor or indoraptor gen 2?

Hi, I am wondering wether I should create an indoraptor or a gen 2 one. I suppose this thread was already created, but I haven’t found it.
I have these dinos in my top:

As you can see, if I buy an indominus rex I can already make the indoraptor. I would need 5 gen 2 indominus rex to do the indorraptor gen 2.
I know the indoraptor gen 2 is better but should I just make the normal one? It is 100,000 DNA cheaper.

On the other hand, I can also buy therizinosaurs and cerazinosaurs, is it worth doing the hybrid? Or it would be too many carnivores?
And should I go for the tapejalocephalus or it wouldn’t be on my top?
Thank you.

2 Likes

Indo gen 2 isn’t necessarily better. Just about 4K more health, but about 1K less attack. Many prefer the attack over the health because more health means longer cool down. It’s really up to your preference though.

Either way, you should probably build the top of your lineup a lot more before you make either one. Unless you want your PVEs to get much harder. Also, Tapejalocephalus would definitely be in the top of your lineup (I believe level 10 would be your 3rd best dino).

3 Likes

Making an Indoraptor in your current state will make your PvEs unbearable, you know that right?

So make your decision clear, before picking one up. These two are the strongest creatures of the game. Before playing with fire, you need to have some precautions first.

Otherwise, either you are gonna have to sell them costing you tons of SDNAs or you are gonna have a long grueling way ahead till you manage balancing your top side back again.

6 Likes

You mean that if I make an indoraptor I will face very strong enemies? Or that the daily events will be insane?
I’m sorry but after exploring a bit the forum I don’t understand why should I wait to get better dinos, to hace a better ferocity
Should I better go for the cerazinosaurs and the tapejalocephalus?

1 Like

So I first need to make good dinos that are on my top, and then go for the indoraptor (which is cheaper)?
Will the cerazinosaurs do the same, or it isn’t that strong?

1 Like

Yes, that’s what he’s saying. Yes, definitely make Tapejalocephalus. I would say start making plenty of tournament hybrids before you make Indo. You can make super hybrids too, but they just won’t be able to hang with Indo once you level him up higher. They should be good while he’s in his lower levels though.

3 Likes

I actually have velociraptor and sarcosuschus SDNA in the missions, what do I change? Should I mantain the velociraptor for the futuro?

1 Like

This is probably a good thread to check out if you’re interested in Indo.

2 Likes

I’ll have a look, thank you. The same for cerazinosaurs, it is too OP?
Remember that I already have a lvl 30 indo

No, Cerazinosaurus isn’t too OP for the top of your lineup right now. You can just keep him at a lower level.

At level 4 my two sit at number 25 and 26 in my lineup right now.

4 Likes

So I have to mantain tha top with a similar ferocity, otherwise enemies’ dinos will be as my best one? And does it also apply to daily events?
And does it matter having too many carnivores?

Oh, I need to inform myself better. I always upgrade all my dinos to lvl 10, 20… Because I can afford it, but how do you know what level to have them? And WHY is that? They’re weaker!
By the way, thank you for replying

2 Likes

This is a really good thread with lots of info. Some you’ll already know, but check out the demystifying ferocity link. Also, remember, you don’t have to feed your dinos all the way to 10, 20, etc. You have big ferocity gaps in your top 4.

4 Likes

I don’t feed my top dinos all the way up to keep my average ferocity closer and keep my battles a little easier. I believe it’s all in that demystifying ferocity link by Sionsith.

2 Likes

you can have a lot of carnivores but you need a lot of herbivores, pterosaurs and amphibians of the same ferocity too

Ferocity formula:
HP(life) + (attack x 3.2) = ferocity
Screenshot_2021-04-29-11-10-59-1
exercise try to calculate the ferocity of these two
:point_up:

5 Likes

6768 and 6618
In this case a level 29 presto would be better?

2 Likes

Right :clap::clap::clap::mask:
Yep more close

2 Likes

Ok, so what would you recommend me for my lineup? I pasted it above

start creating smaller dinos until they all look alike on your top

avoid putting a very strong dino on top and the rest weak…

basically the secret is balance…

2 Likes

You can extend just a bit of what @Bandeezee’s said, he’s just a bit conservative about keeping a low profile. :laughing:

But don’t worry, we’ll eventually make him join the dark force. Eventually. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Here’s a link to my lineup right before I made my Indoraptors and Indoraptors Gen 2. In order to avoid problems with PVE, you need to work toward something like this

3 Likes