Ludia Forums

Infinity Battle Challenge

lineup you pick has no bearing on the calculations only what is theoretically available (which is your top three creatures).

1 Like

I am not sure, typically I see ranges for infinity battles where it is 30-80% stronger than your top three, but yours are way out in front of that. You would need to bring your top three to around 9,000 AFS to make what you are facing seem to make sense. Which means level 1 Indoraptor territory, lvl 15 Metriaphodon, lvl 19 Segnosuchus, lvl 14 Armormata…

significantly higher then where your unfed creatures are currently

4 Likes

I was going to save a bunch of DNA by continuing to hatch my tournament dinos, but maybe I’ll hatch 5 more Gorgosuchus and 7 more Segnosuchus to fuse them and get to the 11+ range. I’m up to 1.2 million now, but I’m just afraid to rush it. I’m used to not having to worry about cool downs and using as many dinos as needed.

4 Likes

As an example here is my battle today…

Yes the other team is strong but it’s only 24.17% stronger than my top three (2 lvl 40 Armormatas and 1 lvl 30 Indo Gen 2).
Mostly because the pachy in the middle is only 20.2k Ferocity but that Gryposuchus is 35.6k and the Dsung is 30.7k

7 Likes

What do you do when its more than 2 types? Because I struggle alot If I face those kinds of opponents.

Happens ever since I got my new phone. Thought it was just me.

1 Like

Today’s battle was easy on me. The AI got into a 4 block pattern. I was hoping for a hybrid, but DBs is good too :grin:

7 Likes

This was last nights battle, was pretty interesting.

Lost once then I went with tany, mastodonosaur and procerat for the win.

All for an alanqa… which gets used a fair bit in tournament runs :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Fed my gorg and quetz up a couple levels to see where they would sit, not bad, although I mainly use them at level 20 more.

Todays infinite battle i didnt want to play around.

So i went with this winning team

Start was good, then went a bit shaky when opponents brachiosaur did some funky moves, had to defend 4 with proceratosaur and luckily the opponent attacked with all 4 of his points in the end, phew…

Reward was a rare pack, 2 bucks card 1 dna and a dilophosaur, I love getting more dilophosaur though as it’s one of the creatures I use for my coin trap :money_mouth_face:

5 Likes

Usually I will use a tank to build reserve followed by a glass cannon with the strength over whatever the ai switches in to, followed by another glass cannon that doesnt have class advantage on the ais last 2 creatures.

Sorry probably confusing to explain but for example…

I face a pterosaur, carnivore, amphibian

I will use a tanky herbivore 1st, build up reserve to 8, by this time hopefully the ai switches to the carnivore, let the carni take out your herbivore then follow with metriaphodon to take out the carni then finish with a segno that will be able to take out the pterosaur and amphib without having to worry about class disadvantage.

2 Likes

Ok, looking for a little assistance here. My plan was herbivore, Pterosaur, herbivore. However, my Segnosuchus doesn’t have enough health to take a hit from his Pterosaur and my Eolambia doesn’t have enough attack to KO his herbivore in 4 hits. So the only way I can see this working is if I can save 8 for my Eolambia, which is never guaranteed (wouldn’t work with my current team because Metriaphodon can’t take a hit from his herbivore). I usually am able to save 7. So, any advice?

My lineup is above

3 Likes

How about a tanky ptera, procerat then metriaphodon to sweep? Try to take advantage of the fact he may go for 3 attack if he can 1 shot you, the beauty of it is I know you have a number of metriaphs and procerat at your disposal, reason to use metriaph over a segno is that eryops has ridiculous health, whereas the pelicanipteryx isnt too much of a threat health wise.

Ah he may not switch to pachy actually so I’m not so sure. Maybe tanky ptera, segno then metriaph?

Failing that, time to increase ferocity :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Metriaphodon is at a disadvantage with his herbivore, so I can’t have him in the 3rd spot. That’s the problem with making the amphibian switch out. I think it’s likely he will switch to the Pterosaur because it’s stats are better than the Herbivore. That would leave me with a cross class problem on the last 2 dinos.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a tough one, but I think you need to play the switching to your advantage to win, that or reserve to 8 with your first creature then metriaph then segno.

1 Like

I ended up using my original idea, but instead of KOing his herbivore and then getting KOd myself at the end, I attacked 3, blocked 3, and reserved 1 hoping for the loop. He reserved both to start so I lost right away. I played the 2nd match as if he would reserve 2 again and he did. AI must have known that the loop was the only way I could win because it stayed in it for me.

6 Likes

Congrats, but if your having to resort to loops to win the infinite battles then its definitely time to increase your overall ferocity, you’ve got the numbers there to do it.

1 Like

Todays infinite seems weak

Damn I couldve got away with a much weaker amphib in final spot, but you just never know how these will play out :man_facepalming:

100 bucks and an allosaur though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

True, but my infinity battle should be based ferocity, so there’s no saying that increasing my ferocity will fix it. My opponents might just increase as well. Either way, I will increase, but I’m trying to hatch all my tournament guys first. I’m doing about 6 a week right now (depending on which day the boss missions land).

Edit: I’m down to 100 tournaments to hatch. I’m guaranteed at least 1 a week, so it might take a while :laughing: unless we actually get that mythical 40% hatching discount. Then I could speed hatch them all.

3 Likes

Hmm, have they always been this tough? Or did they increase ferocity in one of the latest updates?

Maybe ludia have set a minimum requirement bar for level 99ers saying that if your creatures arent at XXXX ferocity then you will have great difficulty defeating the opponents in infinite battle stages.

Considering that most of us have creatures that are indoraptor ferocity theres little information I could base this on but it does seem likely, as these card packs cost actual money in game so ludia wouldnt want people beating the infinite stages with lower level creatures.

2 Likes

This one took two attempts because his last Pterosaur decided not to attack at the end. I went ahead and attacked 4 instead of blocking figuring it was over. He blocked 3 :flushed: if I would have blocked 4 instead I could have potentially still won. Again though, if if if, you can say if anything (I mentioned a speech my coach used to give about “if” but it got moderated, so I won’t say it again, lol.

2nd attempt luckily my apato was able to attack 3 and reserve 3 which did just enough damage for my amphibian to KO his Carnivore with 4 and reserve 3. This time he attacked with his Pterosaur and I KOd him.

6 Likes