Ludia Forums

Is it true that using level 1 dinosaurs will weaken your opponent’s in battles?

Did you win?

1 Like

Was thinking the same, working hard to get more depth to my line-up it is slowly getting better but hatching takes long.

1 Like

Obviously not
It was the most rigged aquatic gyrosphere i ever saw

1 Like

Ouch!
I often use it for packs and speed ups when needed.

1 Like

this doesnt work in tournaments because there is a different ferocity rank by league

1 Like

but we need stronger dinos this level

1 Like

Definitely use this method during PVP, because your opponents are based off of your Average Ferocity Score.

You can easily use this method as you advance toward Dominator. It makes your matches going up more efficient. You do have to bring a stronger main creature than you would if you brought 3 main creatures because your Average Ferocity Score has to be league and rank appropriate. Until you make the move toward Indoraptors or something equivalent, I would hesitate using this method in Dominator. If you get class disadvantage, you can’t brute for your way through it. Instead, I would use fodder with 1 level 30 VIP and 1 level 20 VIP (once you get to that level). You give up a couple of trophies for security.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips!

1 Like

Maybe you are interested in reading this post that I shared a long time ago.

The short answer is yes, you can combine 2 creatures lvl 1 and 1 stronger, but that fort must have a certain ferocity to obtain easier confrontations to defeat and also obtain the maximum amount of trophies per victory (40).

Many users make use of this strategy, it only differs in the creatures we use.

Personally I use Super Hybrids lvl 10 and combine them with common lvl 1 or 40, in a dominating league; things change in other leagues, some examples are in the post I mention

4 Likes

Almost all of my tournament runs use the fodder-main-fodder strategy…

6 Likes

Actually the opponents team gets weaker when you do this based on average ferocity, your essentially tricking the game by bringing in 1 creature of say 9k ferocity paired with 2 fodders, the game thinks your bringing 3 creatures with 3k ferocity each and therefore the creatures you face will be far weaker than your main. The difference in this method is more noticeable the higher you go.

Sometimes you get the odd battle where the ai is stupidly strong but the majority of the time they are much weaker than your main.

3 Likes

Does this only work in dominator league?

In theory it works in all leagues and PvP if you know what ferocity to aim for.

3 Likes

That’s an excellent explanation of how the subject of matchmaking and ferocity works.

2 Likes

Thanks, although I cant take credit for it, I beleive I got this information from @Sionsith from one of his videos.

2 Likes

Yeah that is my tactic in tourneys. Two weak commons at first and last place in battle roaster and powerfull creature in the middle. It allows to reserve some action points. In pvp it works quite the same but its better to put stronger one at first and weaker ones in the back becouse when you fight in pvp theres some chance that bot will going to start battle wich will kill first weak common.

1 Like

After joining the community recently (but have played for years, am at level 99), I read a thread started (I think) by @Sionsith about this. I went into pvp @ top of dominator league and did 4-6 battles. First and third guys low level fodder (like <100 health and <50 attack), middle guy v strong (like 2-3000 health, 700-1500 attack). And I won almost every one. The ones I lost I made a mistake. You just need to sacrifice first go then attack w strong guy. Then switch 2nd and third guy. Sacrifice weak guy again. Then finish off two opponents with strong guy. (Hope that makes sense). Just save where you can to end up with the strong guy having 6-8 points. It works well. That said, on the current vip tournament I’m not doing this. I do my standard herbivore-amphibian-carnivore lineup (I have a lot of dinos). Anyway, give it a try. It works.

1 Like

Mainly I will do 1 fodder and 2 mains now, trophies somewhere between 32 and 36 and it’s more consistent wins than 2 fodder and 1 main. If you have 2 mains of separate classes then this is alot more stable than running in to a couple of amphibians with 1 carnivore main which makes winning trickier.

4 Likes

I wanted to share my piece of mind @Reviews_by_Supersven
This strategy for us, at this level is irrelevant
Bcoz we face a tough competition and we need 3 main dinos
The other people are OP and have hybrids whose ferocity is far beyond
But once we reach that higher level, we can perform this strategy

1 Like

Many good tips!
I use 1 fodder and 2 main dinos, for example.
T-Rex level 20, block all attacks and charge 4 points. Usually the opponent attacks with 4 or 5.
Switch to level 10 vip like mastodon or eudimorph but could also be diplotator or labyrinth saurus. Easy kill usually 2 hits.
3 block and 3 charge. Take the incoming hit from the new opponent which is usually 4 attack.
Kill this opponent with as many attack as needed and usually end up with 1 or 2 charge.
New opponent switches in, die and then I switch to another vip Dino, then i use all my attack points, usually 5 or 6. Opponent almost always uses 2 block, 4 is enough to take them down.
This is how I play most of my matches!
I only lost when I make a dumb mistake or get too cocky, also when I have to face superhybrids with 3k health or more!

1 Like