Ludia Forums

Is monolometradon too strong; and other discussions

Didn’t think about rhino being out classed but ya that’s true

Why is it every time an easy to make, but very good useable dino pops up, everyone calls for nerfs. If it is easily made, then go make it… and use it. The best counter to every dino is that dino. I have been running into these pretty often even in Gyro and I have two spots left on my long term plan team. This dino was in the running, but now I see people calling for a nerf and I might as well scrap that idea. Be careful what you ask for. It won’t be long before more people unlock Mortem Rex and you will have a speed resistant super chomper that only really has distraction as a weakness. You are gonna want all the decent speed with rampage distractors you can get.

2 Likes

It’s a fatter Magna.

2 Likes

Because they pop up way too early in arena. The meta of the game shifts as the arenas progress, and as players unlock rarer and better dinos. Monolometerodon is largely balanced in the higher arenas. But when something this good shows up so early in arena, it ends up being way better than everything else that shows up at that point, and then it becomes OP in that situation. It would be useful to have a speedy rampage distractor in the higher arenas, but that’s what Magna is for, since it’s appropriately harder to obtain.

Also I think Monolometerodon isn’t too strong because it’s too good against anything in particular (it does counter some stuff, but not by too much), but because it doesn’t really have a lot of good counters at the lower arenas. And those counters (distractors) are hard countered by the current meta.

4 Likes

very true, last update there were people screaming for a monolo buff but now there complaining about it being TOO strong, it is strong but it has its counters, since mono is only 50% resistant distract you can kill it with velociraptor.

Well yes we did say buff it we many just give a 2x multiplayer it was fine with the stats and kit but the fact it only had impacts is what made it meh. But now yes they did give us the but also 300 extra attack. And while yes it has counters that not the point I’m trying to make at least.

What I’m saying is that ist way too close in terms of being on par with magna something that way way harder and cost more to make and level. Especially that it’s a common plus common legendary.

1 Like

you have a point, the only real thing that makes magna better is the speed.

1 Like

Mortem Rex is actually very easy to counter. Most of the basic Uniques beat it. Thor, Indoraptor, Erlidominus, Erlikospyx, Magna, Tenontorex, etc, even Marsupial Lion and some lower-rarity creatures.
Boosts will make almost anything a problem.

3 Likes

Why Monolometradon?
For me Magna is massiv overpowered.
Many of them are speedy and have more than 2.2K dmg.
If you dont have faster dinos you lost only because of magna.

its because mono is much easier to create, its tankier, and by the time you get magna your mono is gonna have lots of boosts so mono would still be stronger and there would be no point in magna.

2 Likes

Aaaand Ludia nerfs Magna.

3 Likes

and not mono cause we know how great Ludia is at listening to people begging for nerfs that are not for the big meta creature of the version.

2 Likes

Lol wouldn’t be that surprised ludia nerfed that baby so many times

2 Likes

IMO, as anti tank speedsters, monolo and magna should probably be slower. they’re immune to speed decrease and have the damage and kit to take on tanks. know what else has that? Alloraptor. it’s slower than than magna, but slightly faster than monolo and has much less health than either.

1 Like

I think making magan and mono just more weak to distraction would be enough without touch speed or health.
Magna is in a good place since it fast but not too fast plus it’s 2/3 chomper it deserves the attack and health since most chompers are bulky, and the speed comes from the 1/3 cunning part; but that being said it should also reflect that In it’s resistants even more with monolo cause as said earlier it’s 50/50 cunning and fierce

1 Like

I had monolometrodon on my team when boosts 1.0 came out and she did great. Was my highest dino at the time. Then leveled up some others and boosts 2.0 came around and she got benched. Now came a boost reset and a monolo buff and now she back on the team and is one of my favs again. Leave my little devil alone! I call her lucy and shes just fine the way she is! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mostly anyway unlike allo they do t have the attack not big Rending move to bring tanks to there knees mostly they struggle with tanks with 4.6k helath and up and especially those that can regen

I would say mags is much better. Monolometrodon struggles turn 3, which is the turn after a kill usually and cannot get a good hit off before going down. Mags can hit with another impact or rampage on the next creature before going down

Tyrannolopho was good at killing a tryko who could just use 2 turns of invincibility back when IIT was 2 turns of shielding when you were slower. Tyrannolopho just would use DSI and still have distracting impact or rampage at its disposal. It’s still a solid option that doesn’t need exclusive tenonto dna

1 Like