Ludia Forums

Is my lineup unbalanced?

This is my lineup I’m worried that the top is to unbalanced and that I’ve upgraded the top dinos to much.

Your ferocity goes from 5824 on top to 4440 on your masto 20 in 1 screen.
Then 7 creatures away we see Rexy with 3561 ferocity.
I wouldn’t call that unbalanced, it’s just not very deep.
The question is if you struggle with your daily PVE or not, if you don’t, then everything is fine.
Deep and balanced line-up allows to use the bottom of your line-up in PVE without using your top creatures, so that you can go through tournaments easily without having to give-up on daily events.
If you struggle with that, my only advice would be nothing else than to simply keep getting more creatures lower than your top in ferocity, and restrain from raising your top ferocity any further.
That being said, your line-up is definitely not unbalanced to the point where you’d need to sell dinos.
Adding more creatures is the cure for every line-up.

3 Likes

hi got a question too if thats cool. Although i can do my pve quite okay, how much ferocity difference from one dino to the next do you recommend to be max. As my 1st and 9th dino have a difference of about 240 then from my 9th and 10th dino, it goes from 3137 to 2875 then is pretty constant again until my 20th dino. Then sort of drops a bit from level 30 legendarys to level 10 tournament or level 40 super rares.

Ferocity gaps only matter on the top of your line-up, and even then, a ~200 ferocity difference between one creature and another should still be fine. I’d say even 500 ferocity drop is still not a tragedy.
Your ferocity drop from 9th and 10th dino is not too bad while the one at the bottom barely matters at all.
As I said, if you’re still capable of doing your events, it’s fine. Some people even purposely unbalance their line-ups a little bit to spice them up for the challenge.
The problem only starts when you have several very strong dinos at the top, but your other creatures just don’t keep up with over 1000 ferocity gap, for an example.
This occurs often when somebody unexperienced carelessly adds creatures like indoraptor to their line-up without calculating if their line-ups can handle it first.
And this situation forces them to use said strong creatures for PVE, while the rest of their line-up remains untouched, because the game chooses you the opponents with ferocity calculated on your top 3 dinos (although I’m not so sure about that theory anymore)
A very balanced line-up is an opposite of that - you use the rest of your line-up for PVE while your top remains untouched and ready for any tournament/boss/tougher event or just any occasion.
As for recommended ferocity difference, it really depends on how much depth you want before making a ferocity jump, if you even want to make it, or perhaps you just want to add more creatures to help you with tournaments. Overall, 100-200 between one dino to another should still be considered as balanced enough.
As for me, I’ve got 20 creatures between metriaphodon 2 (4271) and metriaphodon 1 (4045) and this would be even considered too balanced, it’s not necessary and I could make a ferocity jump but I just like keeping my line-up deep.
But in the past, I had a 563 ferocity drop at the top between tapejalocephalus 1 (4124) and T. rex 40 (3561) and I still didn’t have problems with my events, so don’t worry that much about it.
In conclusion, as long as it doesn’t mess up your PVE and prevents you from doing events and COT, it’s fine.

3 Likes

Ahhh okay sick. Thanks for those words of wisdom buddy!

1 Like

Get creatures to go between masto 20 and diplo 20 as that is a ~900 ferocity gap
Get a tapejalocephalus lvl 9
Edit: and no spinotasuchus is only ~20 ferocity better than tape

I did that and upgraded the I Rex gen 2 and the monostegotops another lvl each since they still are below the lvl 9 tapejalocephalus.

Any recommendations on dinos to get between the diplo and masto?

1 Like

Pteros and herbs, a L1 Metri might work, and then Apato and the upcoming Erliko tourney would work well

1 Like