Ludia Forums

Is the moon really bigger on the horizon?

I don’t know if it’s my imagination or not, but is the moon really bigger on the horizon in these screenshots? :thinking:

If I am not imagining things, wow the attention to detail! :blush:

Could be high tide. Lol

1 Like

I do love the aesthetic appeal of the background. It is trippy and cool. Definitely refreshing

3 Likes

I love the background they implemented. It reminds of Pokemon Go on Halloween, when the music changes.

1 Like

When I first saw the moon I thought it could be an easter egg or a hidden strike tower, so I touched it many times :rofl:

3 Likes

I think the background image is stretched when you tilt or pan the view. So perhaps it created the illusion the moon appears bigger at certain angle. My 2 cents worth :grinning:

1 Like

It does seem to be bigger in pixels. However, in real life the moon is not bigger at the horizon. It’s always nearly the same size, no matter where it is, but it does circle around the globe in an elliptical manner, being about 12% difference in size between the closest and furthest point. It appears bigger at the horizon because of an optical illusion that your brain creates when seeing objects below it.
If anything, the moon is smaller at the horizon, because it’s slightly further away, but those few hundred kilometers don’t make much of an impact to the ~384.000 kilometers the moon is far.

2 Likes