Ludia Forums

Is there honestly a good reason for hiding breeding odds?

Besides just flat out keeping us uninformed. How bout it @Marcus?

6 Likes

Nothing like a 16 hour guess, or 12 if you upgraded your breedary.

1 Like

Or 24 hour, yeah

4 Likes

I’m in a 20hour wait right now

Funny, This is what I’m here to learn about…

14 attempts breeding a 4 Star and a 3 Star. (I needed a 4 Star for fodder.) So far, 140 hours later, I’ve got 13 2-stars and 1 3-star.

So really… What are the odds of breeding a 4-star?

There absolutely is a reason to hide breeding odds.

You change the odds, you piss people off. This way they can monitor the results, how people are progressing and change the odds silently without having having to deal with an outpouring of anger.

6 Likes

@Darodeth But they could at least give us a vague range on the odds like saying:
5*: 1 to 5% chance, 4*: 25 to 30% chance and 3*: 65 to 70% chance

then they could still tweak things slightly depending on how people are progressing, but we’d at least have a little bit of an idea of the chances

1 Like

Would love it if they did that. I would also like to know if it is better to breed a 3 + 4 star dragon or two 3 star dragons. I’m sure the 3+4 gives better odds, but I want to know if it is worth it considering that the 3+4 takes so much longer

3 Likes

That sample size is so small, like I’ve gotten 5 stars from 3x5, 4x4, and 4x5 personally. and we don’t know if they change them from update to update either.

2 Likes

Ludia has been quick to respond to other comments and questions I’ve had, this is interesting, not even a cookie cutter political reply…

3 Likes

I know it’s a small sample size, but that’s all I was able to gather from the people willing to post their findings when I first started the project.

2 Likes

This is the offspring rates, as in frequency of offsprings gotten, and very nice work. However, I think the chances of getting an offspring is just simple math about possibilities.

1 Like

And those possibilities change as per the number of the possible offsprings, not caring about * potential.

Perhaps, but raw possibilities are hard enough; no need to spike the possibilities even more.

I’ve only pulled one 5* since day 1 of clans from breeding. That was about 2 weeks ago. Hopefully I’ll get another one before Christmas.

Hello @Matt_H,

Thank you for bringing this up! I’ve let our Devs know about the breeding odds that the Community was asking about. This will be something they’ll look into. I’ll share once I get some info. Thanks!

14 Likes

That’s awesome! I can’t wait to see what they say :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Marcus

Any word from the developers?

1 Like

Especially in light ofthis new event. Would be nice to know how much chances increase

No news yet :pensive:. The team has been busy and focusing on delivering the Arena feature.

2 Likes