Ludia Forums

Is this deal worth it?

Hello!!
This offer has come up in my shop and I’m unsure weather I should fork up the £10 ($7 ish). I’m only level 44 and my top five dinos consist of a level 10 baryonyx, level 30 pteranodon, level 30 unaysaurus, level 20 T-Rex and a level 20 sarcosuchus
Just thought I’d ask for some opinions
before I made my decision :slight_smile:

For many or most of us, we eventually end up with way more dino cards than we can hatch (without throwing in lots of dino bucks to speed up).
Yes, including these higher end legendaries like the gorgosuchus.
Depends on what real-life money means to you and what joy you will get from obtaining that gorgosuchus card now rather than later via lottery or tournament win or whatever.

3 Likes

For $10, meh, the price is worth it, but I classify it as a late-game dino, since it can be used to get the Gorgosuchas which is really the only amphibian-tourny-hybrid dino. If you want to get it to start saving, then go for it, but just be prepared to not get it for a really really long time.

1 Like

Yeah fair point, I mean my only issue is I’m struggling to hang on to the predator league atm as the only team I can win with are my top six as the game is matching me against level 20+ tournament creatures, I was mainly wondering weather it would be able to bolster my roster in any sense

Yeah. From my understanding if upon purchasing this offer I would not unlock the dinosaur in question in the market (as I presume you have to do so via tournament) so I’d be stuck with the level 10. I think I might just hold on as I’m not doing to bad atm at winning legendary s from PvP

1 Like

You are correct any purchase you do does not unlock the creature, in order to unlock a creature it has to be an event with the icon circled in green:

This icon means you are unlocking the creature if you complete the event at the appropriate level or time limit. Everything else means just one given of said creature without the ability of future purchase.

1 Like

Not worth it from any standpoint unless you flat out think having a Gorgosaurus is worth $7. You’ll easily earn equivalent dinos from regular play, and there’s no need to rush having high-level dinos, because then you’ll be punished with next-to-impossible PvE matchmaking.

Spend the money if you want, but do it for fun, not for any kind of strategy. Strategically, it gives you no real advantage.

2 Likes

I’ve been similarly tempted before to keep pace via upgrading too quickly. It’s up to you, but I’d preach patience here. Bring your entire team along as equally and uniformly as you possibly can across all types. That way, you can match up with almost any combo the game throws at you. If the gorgosuchus doesn’t throw off your overall team balance, no harm trying if you want to. Share with us what happens and we’ll all learn something from it. Albeit, at your expense, that is. Cheers! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Chances are good you will be rolling in higher level carnivores in time. Speaking for myself, and I think for others, I have a plethora of carnivores in my regular fighting stable, and I need more of the other three classes. So I would pass the Gorgosaurus by. If it were Segnosaurus and Zalmoxes or Eryops, I’d be more tempted.

1 Like

Yeah i have opted against it in the end however, i am already facing opponents beyond my level atm which is why i considered bolstering my roster

Fair enough my friend. One must always respect someone who used word plethora :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, the base stats for it are H:498 and A:233, so it shouldn’t throw off your balance of ~level 30 legendary base-game dinos. It is actually underpowered, so it’s up to you if you want to buy it to start working towards the end-game Gorgosuchus, which I covered to be the only amphibian-tourney-hybrid.

I only have 3 (1 lvl 20, 1 lvl 10) so I have no hopes of getting it, and I’ve been level 75 with all but 20 dinos for about 2 years now.

So it could be a great addition, especially for the price, but a lvl 10 seems UP in your roster, and banking off it paying out late game might be too much of a risk, since there’s only a very very small amount of ways to get it with or without paying for it.

Overall, I’d pass, but mostly because I’m 1 Metriacanthosaurus away from getting a Metriaphodon, which would be my first tourney-hybrid dino.

Then again, I’m a VIP and the VIP dinos are far more powerful than most/all base game or tourney dinos.

If you already feel like your dinos are being overmatched, concentrate on bringing up you backend as opposed to strengthening the top. Improving the top end leads to a neverending escalation from the app. You cannot out dino the game

2 Likes

Word to what @Andy_wan_kenobi said.

Okay. Try to imagine yourself in the PvE period. You get your first look at this “one-time deal” as you enter a battle. The Gorgosaurus moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing his head, and you keep still cause you think that maybe his battle acuity is based on attack, like T-Rex, and he’ll lose you if you don’t move. But no, not Ludia PvE. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that’s when the attack comes not from the front, but from the side, from the other two high-end dinos you didn’t even know were there. Because Ludia’s a pack hunter. He uses coordinated attack patterns with level 1036 Sarcosuches and level 5028 Majungosaurs, and he is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this. pulls out a level 102 Suchoripterus, and your eyes grow large with shock Nearly-impossible to beat, six-hundredth level dino. Like a razor, on the middle toe. He doesn’t bother to build up a reserve like a marsupial lion. He slashes at you here or here. Or maybe in the third turn, spilling your hard-won best dinos. The point is, you are 36 hours from cooldown when they start to eat you. So you know, try to show a little respect.

1 Like