Ludia Forums

Is your team balanced? Take the challenge

Think you have a balanced team? Think you could win no matter who gets chosen for a battle?

I challenge anyone to bench their DC and Thor.
48 hours, post trophy count at the beginning and end here.

Any takers?

EDIT: in the comments this gets redefined into an “experiment” - which it is not. It is not intended to prove anything per se. Just a challenge that you can either try or not.

4 Likes

Would bench thor if I could boost something else and he’s my only rat killer if he crit of course… he’s only lvl 25 and tier 6 though. Don’t have dc in my team

I’ll start, but since I’ve never used Thor, and dropped DC, things shouldn’t change much.

I’ll take the bet. My thor is currently useless and this will get me to think about replacing DC.

Just need to figure out what to replace them with.

2 Likes

well, thankfully I don’t rely on “Remy” that much

1 Like

Current trophy count 4587.
Can’t wait to see how I stand on 48 hours.

2 Likes

Don’t have anything boosted at team lvl to replace Thor. Never used flying rat, eventhough it’s lvl 23.

EDIT: Don’t want to boost anything till update.

1 Like

I don’t use thor or dracocera, so no prob.

1 Like

I don’t use DracoceRAT-OPs, but I do use Thor. Unfortunately I need to keep him around BECAUSE of DC.

2 Likes

I find a slow sarcorix or an equal boosted and leveled smilocheph are good revenge killers for DC. If you can time sarcorix’s immobilize with DC’s regen, it’ll keep it committed to the fight.

1 Like

I’ve actually been stockpiling Sarcosuchus DNA for that reason. I used all my common attempts on it earlier this week, so next time I don’t have an active team member close to leveling up I’ll start the long fusing process for a bigger Sarcorixis.

This is what I’m using now.

Before 1.7 matchmaking I was almost always above 5,000, but now I’m thankful just to hover around here. 1.7 caused me to freefall all the way down to Lockwood. I couldn’t get back to Aviary until I replaced L24 Erlidom and L26 Dilorach with L30 Stegod and Tragod. I’m guessing this is because mm will punish you for using uniques, and gives you fairer fights if you have more legendaries instead. Also, the tanks survive better against DracoceRAT-OPs. I have them both boosted 6-6-5.

2 Likes

My Thor is only 2 levels above team average, so compared to the rest of my team it’s pretty balanced. It plays an important role in taking out big trykos, dios, and DCs. I reiterate: thor should not be nerfed.

And, of course people are gonna drop when they bench a team level/boosted dino from their team in place of a lesser one. This challenge will naturally cause players to drop and no conclusions in regards to balance can be drawn from it.

2 Likes

On the contrary. If a team were balanced, removing those two wouldn’t make that big of a difference. I have the feeling those two will be the highest leveled, highest boosted of a majority of teams.

Picture a see-saw… DC and Thor on one side, and the other six dinos on the other.

1 Like

Your whole response oozes with “I can’t win without my Thor” - which is my point about balance.

1 Like

Look, I win without thor all the time. It dies very easily to distractors. My thor is only level 26 on a team of mostly 24s and 25s, and it’s not overboosted. 5/6/5 boost spread. As I said, my thor plays an important role on my team. Taking out big tanks. Naturally I would have some more problems because the balance of my team has shifted to be more vulnerable to bulky dinos. Your experiment is inherently flawed because of the reasons I stated above, and you haven’t acknowledged them. Cut this elitism complex would you? I’m just telling you why your experiment won’t have accurate results. Not trying to antagonize you or anything. What’s the deal with the hostility?

2 Likes

Point out the hostility and I will continue the conversation. Calling me an elitist is rather hostile, don’t you think?

Feel free to continue making my point by saying the removal of two dinos will cause teams to lose trophies. Again, that’s the whole point.

2 Likes

This experiment would produce better results in regards to dinos being unbalanced if it was done in a friendly battle setting. In an arena setting where everything is boosted and high leveled, and benched dinos are significantly lower leveled and unboosted compared to team dinos. It is reasonable to assume that people will drop when they lower their dino’s levels and boosts.

2 Likes

I could drop my Thor and basically remain where I am I have Tenontorex and I do not use rat. Thor is not that bad however it is one of the few possible rat killers and the arena is flooded with rat. So yeah you would probably drop lower. Because you will have less chance to pull the possible rat killer. Makes it tough to drop thor…

And on the other hand if players dropped DC most would easily drop trophies. At least my opponents. There whole strategy and team revolve around it. Not everyone but yes a lot of them.

And it depends where your progress is too. If you’re near me lvl 24-25 dinos and already face lvl 30 t7 rats there’s just no way Thor can go off. Its asking for frustration.

1 Like

I’ve never used DC in my real team, L23 unboosted.
My Thor is L28 unboosted, also never been in the real team.
5700 currently.

4 Likes

What a great idea. When I get home I’ll bench my Thor and post my trophies