Ludia Forums

Issue with the game dropping down to a lower bracket

I was in dominator then when I went back into the game I was in predator hopefully one of the moderators can help @Keith @Davy @Jason thanks in advance for any help you can give here are pictures showing the issue

3 Likes

I can’t believe that no one from ludia or a moderator has not responded I guess it’s just a waiting game for someone to help me with this big issue because now I can’t advance in the tournament so I can finish in dominator league

1 Like

Due to my own observation which could be also not far from a conspiracy, but I have been thinking the moderation or the management respond fast only in extreme cases like loss of account or to the well known long terms players in the forum. By their reputation or by their contribution to the game I dunno. I should admit that I am pretty much surprised by yours m’am as you should be counted as another long term validity to the game also as being a VIP and a long term financial support to the game company. So I would expect a quick response considering all this. I hope it is resolved by itself or they reply you in a way, but a way of fast.

2 Likes

Hi Lora,
Unfortunately, there is nothing I or Davy can do on our end. Can you please contact customer support and they will be happy to assist you.
Apologies

2 Likes

@Lora_Green My suggestion, for now, is to continue playing the tournament normally. Support can take a couple of days to respond, and when a similar issue occurred in the past, they simply added the trophy’s loss to the person’s final score and sent them the reward based on that number.
Hope this helps

2 Likes

@Keith the game has done it again I fought to get back in dominator league with 961 trophies and the game dropped me back to predator league with 402 trophies again I have earned 1746 trophies in both attempts to reach dominator league and all I have is 402 trophies to show for my efforts ! I have contacted Jurassic support with the first information and now I guess I need to contact them with the second round of information this is definitely not a good way to keep long time players that have been a vip since day one it was offered and a fidelity member from day one it was offered that adds up to be a lot of real money to support this game just in case it did not sink in I’m just a little upset because this is going to take up more of my time to hopefully get this resolved image|690x388

2 Likes

Today I had everything getting reset from missions to objectives to daily events, hatchery, creation lab and literally everything.

I uninstalled and reinstalled my game and for now my progress seems to be getting saved.

2 Likes

Don’t resubmit until after Support contacts you, @Lora_Green

1 Like

@Andy_wan_kenobi thanks for the advice I already know that I have to wait so I don’t have two tickets with support

1 Like

Lol I had a completely different issue where I lost a bunch of LP points. Waiting for them to respond is pretty much the hardest thing I have ever done. Plus for my issue I’m almost certain they aren’t gonna do anything🤣

@Keith third time I have fought my way back into dominator league this time to position 91 with 842 trophies and of course it put me back down into predator league this time at position 9 with 668 trophies I have collected enough trophies to be in dominator league with 1748 trophies now it’s up to ludia to do the right thing and fix this issue

3 Likes

Wow. Good thing you document all of your positions with screenshots! I don’t normally do that, but I am going to start taking a bunch of screenshots now. Sad that we have to do this, but better to be safe than sorry.

3 Likes

It’s the only way to have proof of the issue

3 Likes

Please let us know about the outcome. :pray: @Lora_Green

1 Like

Okay I will

1 Like

@Cagkan_Coskun I received a response today that they are forwarding my issue to the developers and they will find a solution and let me know how they are going to fix it

2 Likes

Wow you got a response fast. I emailed them about an issue on Friday and still haven’t gotten anything back. Probably cuz mines a different issue

I hope it is gonna be permanent solution, rather than a temporary one as a one time compensation. Because I have been having the same issue twice with the zombie boss, all I can get is those potential resources if I had the chance that I would be earning. Honestly I am waiting for the next update for a permanent solution or just wishing that is related with those bosses and their coding only, seperately. I hope yours is just a glitch dependent to this last tourney by itself. :pray:

1 Like

@anon75685212 I have always received a response from Jurassic support some good some not so good sometimes it takes a little longer before I get a response so just be patient they will respond back to you

Yeah I should get one in a couple of days. I think this is Becuase your is a more common issue that I’m sure people have all the time