Ludia Forums

Issues that support "can't reproduce"; is it just me?

I’ve been having a couple issues with RoB, some recent, others that have existed longer. In all cases, support swears they “can’t reproduce” and blames “inadequate hardware” (which is not a legitimate excuse, but anyway…).

• I often have to tap on things multiple times. I can swipe (e.g. to scroll the world) and have it be completely ignored, especially if I swipe “too quickly”.

• Sometimes, the game gets stuck on “chapter 86 of 86” and won’t load for 10-20 minutes. Restarting doesn’t help, it just gets stuck again. Sometimes resetting the network connection will get it unstuck, but not always.

• In brawl/gauntlet, Dagur’s Skrill’s ability to take enemy action points sometimes doesn’t work properly. (Action points turn red but are not “lost”.)

• There is a lag the first time I tap ‘brawl’. If I get impatient and try to tap again, or tap on something else, sometimes when brawl comes up, it will act like I’ve tapped on everything possible… one ready token pack is collected (any others apparently disappear, taking their tokens with them), not-yet-opened token packs start being opened, the ‘your dragons’ and ‘arenas’ sub-screens come up (the second after I exit out of the first), and after exiting both, a brawl is started.

• Gobber’s Duties tend to not reset without logging out and back in.

• The green notification when my mystery card pack is ready to be collected does not show up if I’m logged in when it becomes ready.

Am I really the only player having these issues, or has anyone else noticed any of these? Please sound off if you are also affected, and maybe support will take us seriously for a change.

‘I often have to tap on things multiple times. I can swipe (e.g. to scroll the world) and have it be completely ignored, especially if I swipe “too quickly.’ I have this problem all the time.
‘* Gobber’s Duties tend to not reset without logging out and back in.’
Usually I have to use a speedup or watch a video and that will reset it. The fact that I can only use 2 speedups or watch 2 videos now is really annoying.
‘* The green notification when my mystery card pack is ready to be collected does not show up if I’m logged in when it becomes ready.’ This is really annoying!! I think I’m missing out on lots of card packs because I am not getting notified any more. Sometimes it’s tough to meet the ‘open 2 cards packs’ in Gobber’s Duties because it hasn’t reset before I open the first one!!
These points do need to be looked into. Thankfully the lag after the last update has been sorted, maybe these can be too, fingers crossed!!

Hah. What device do you use? How old is it, and do you have any idea what frame rate you get?

Unfortunately, I’m pretty sure this one is caused by something fundamentally wrong in how input handling is done, that probably can’t be fixed without massive effort. Nice to know it’s not just me, though.

Wait, what? I haven’t noticed, but maybe I just haven’t tried?

(I think the ads are more or less outside of Ludia’s control, short of switching to a different provider, but I rarely watch videos any more. Most of the time it just causes the game to go out to lunch trying to load the video, although if I leave it alone for a half hour or so, it usually plays eventually.)

For card packs, I find the trick is to just pay attention to when it will be ready. For me, I collect one when I wake up (easy, since I sleep more than six hours, that one is always ready), one in the afternoon, and one before I go to sleep. Worst case, if you assume that one will be ready in the morning and evening, that’s about 12 hours apart, and will get you the required 2.

Another glitch is when the resources bar disappears and being left with no idea how many fish you have. Therefore cannot spin the wheel in journeys or Valka’s Sanctuary as resources may be lost. Even not knowing how much wood or iron is available to train dragons ruins the enjoyment of the game.
Another feature from the latest update is the game reloading and going through startup if you leave the game at all.

Oh, right, I’ve seen that also. For me at least, I think it always fixes itself if you hop into brawl and back out. I think pulling up collections also fixes it. Haven’t noticed any sort of pattern as to what causes it, however.

Huh, haven’t seen a difference. I literally just popped back in from my home screen with no wait. I think this is probably a function of how much free RAM your device has, whether you have done other things in between RoB sessions, etc… and I suspect it’s up to the OS, not the game itself. (But maybe since the update, RoB needs more memory, and so gets killed by the OS more often on your device?)

Thank you for the advice

I’ve seen all of these at one time or another, but I only see issues with Gobber’s duties consistently.

I have seen almost all of those ‘glitches’ at one point or another when I used my old phone (Samsung Mini III with Android 4).
Especially tapping twice and the scrolling.
Being old school, I’ve made a point to restart the phone once/week.
It also helped not to just leave the game running, but quit at the end of the ‘session’ and restart next time.
Frankly I was expecting the game to stop working completely after each update.
Some of these were more disrupting then others, but I managed to continue playing until I switched to the new phone where none of that is happening anymore.