Ludia Forums

Issues when darting dinos

This is for reporting bugs only, if you are having trouble making a purchase or need help recovering your account please post in Help & Support here.

Please fill in the following fields!

Bug Description: issues with darting dinos

Area is was found in: when darting dinos

How do you reproduce the bug:
Step 1- when darting. There are several different issues that happen when darting (see below for full explanation)
Step 2 -
(add more if needed)

How often does it happen: Regularly. At least every other dino. More often than not, it is every dino I try to dart.

What type of device are you using: Samsung S8+ with android 9.

Anything else? (add screenshots or additional information here)

Problems with darting:

1. The screen is “jerky”. When aiming at dino, the screen will freeze for a few microseconds. Enough to throw off your aim.

2. When lifting your finger off the screen to shoot the dart, it does not fire. And it will then fire a few microseconds later, which inevitably sees the dart missing the dino or getting a “deflected” outcome.

3. When trying to move the aiming reticle, there is no response and the dino gets to run away from the screen. Once control comes back, you need to quickly try and find the dino.

The above 3 issues are encountered regularly by me. It has been terrible since update 1.9.

It happens whether it is with WiFi or 4G. I can be sitting 2 metres away from my router and this happens. So it is not the distance from the router.

It spoils the darting experience. And you do not get to collect enough DNA.

2 Likes

I definitely have issue 1. Had the game since version 1.2.22 on my Huawei GR-5 and only started being sticky since 1.9. And frustratingly there’s no way to tell when it will happen…game can be sluggish and darting could be fine…game can be fine, darting not so…and degrees of variation there upon.

I get issue 1 probably every other dinosaur and it’s a bit of a pain but it only tends to happen once. I can’t say I’ve experienced the other 2.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this to us, Whistler.

If you have any background apps opened while the game is running, could you try closing them and see if it helps with the darting animation?

Update for me; since just before the 1.10 update (when the theme changed to the Halloween stuff), my playing improved dramatically and now I barely get any of that ‘stickiness’ I got so much in 1.9, so whatever you did Ludia, if fixed that issue!

That’s great to hear, SWIFTagent24!

1 Like

Cheers! In addition, the map is now loading in a way that’s more friendlier to me, like it was with gameplay last year, so update overall has made generally made my playing smoother. (Worth passing on the info to the devs…? Just wouldn’t it to become ‘sticky’ again with future updates! XD)

1 Like