Ludia Forums

It makes me sad to look at Toothless

The textures of many dragons look low quality, blurred and lacking detail. Toothless has those shiny scales on his ears and legs but the model lacks them, also Waveshaker used to have a stunning shifting wave pattern and now he is just flickering :frowning:

3 Likes

My Toothless appears to have scale detail on his ears and legs, but Waveshaker does just pulse - tbh can’t remember if it was different before…

I mean, Toothless does have scale details on his head and legs, but now it’s really blurry. Here’s a screenshot of how he used to look six months ago:

Even that is better than what he looks like now:

2 Likes

Yeah, the screenshot I sent had the original textures before that massive drop in quality that happened… in August, maybe.
Then they said that they fixed it, and it’s the one we currently have, but it isn’t back to its full resolution, as you can see AND they probably don’t plan to change it again, since when I pointed this out months ago they said that it was already back to normal again, so…

Yeah, I remember but I am not satisfied, I mean the whole point of this game is to collect dragons which look awesome, right?)

1 Like

For example in Jurassic world we have finely detailed models of dinosaurs which can be rotated and we can play with them in AR, scale them up or down in AR. Like, guys, cmon, bring the quality, don’t you see it looks bad? Are you trying to say this

looks EPIC?

1 Like

Or this?

1 Like

Yeah, the quality is rlly bad. But we need more people to complain about it, and even so, it’ll take quite some time for them to fix it since they prob have to focus on other issues/events

1 Like

They don’t care about our gaming experience. They want only one thing… Money… :dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::angry::angry::angry::angry:

1 Like

I wish I could deny that, but it’s true. Sometimes I forget this is ludia we are talking about.

Hello Vikings,

This is something on our radar, we’re definitely looking into it. Thank you and happy holidays in advance!

1 Like

The quality might affect people with poorer connection or increase traffic for people playing on 4G. I think it might be a good idea to have a switch between good quality and simplified quality. In that way you will be able to accommodate both groups of people: those who want to enjoy esthetic view of the game and those who have poorer connection.

2 Likes