Ludia Forums

It’s the sloth’s time to shine: updated

With the meta basically screwing over resilient along with ludia missing the whole point when we ask for buffs and nerfs I decided we needed more endgame cunning and cunning + other hybrids. So here is the first in the series of new creatures concepts/ reworks sthat will help bring some cunnings into the spotlight once more.

First up if not guessed by the title we have the sloth :sloth: family while not much changes the end of this family tree will is where the fun begins.

First for the common sloth; not much changes except 350 more health and 50 attack. Just a small buff for something with the 2nd lowest speed in the game.

Next let’s move on to the hybrid

Once again not much changes except for the addition of a counter attack not full of course just a medium counter. Now lets get on to the super-hybrid.

You wanted a cunning king and we have delivered. This combination of mammal and protomammilian dna has made one heck of a creature. This cunning resilient creature will be sure to lower the attack of any creature by all means necessary; facing a cunning or resilient opponent just use shielded decelerating strike to both have speed control along with good damage cancellation. And with it’s armor any damage that does get through is lowered futher. And if you happen to face a fierce opponent do not threat camouflage, cunning counter and cunning rampage will make sure your opponents attack is lowered to the that of a kittens.

So what do you think would this creature finally add a bit of spice to the stale meta and leave any suggestions on what the next creature could be or what creature you think deserves a rework.

Eremotherium Rework
  • Bad
  • Fine
  • Ok
  • Good
  • Great

0 voters

Eremoceros changes
  • Bad
  • Fine
  • Okay
  • Good
  • Great
  • Not really needed

0 voters

Scutocertherium Concept poll
  • Oh why
  • Bad
  • Fine
  • Decent
  • Great
  • Really good
  • Meta defineing
  • Op

0 voters

Edit: scut brought down to 50% decel due to OPness
Also mods if you can you think can pass this on to the team cause I feel like this would be a great addition and give people something to finally really grind for. (@Ned )

———————-—————————————

Well after some time I’ve come to realize the sloth might have been way too op; so I made a small rework to still keep it strong but some what kept in check so here is the new sloth

Rework attempt 2
  • Bad
  • Decent
  • Fine
  • Good
  • Great
  • Very good
  • Op

0 voters

Also mods this might be better just balance wise FYI

And it be a good counter for even boosted Magnas, Thor’s, and Monolometrodons even without any boosts so it would help lower player deal with them.

Constant 100% Distraction while dealing damage and gaining +30% speed. Bye-bye nitro Thors lol.
I’m not really sure if Scutocertherium would be balanced or not, but it can’t deal with shields or armour very well and has no healing, as well as average damage output, so it definitely doesn’t look broken or anything. But combining all the forms of damage-mitigation would definitely make it tricky to deal with effectively.
It’s definitely interesting, and the sort of thing I hope gets added in the next update.

6 Likes

Ya that could e a problem like you said but also like you also said shields, armor and dodge also hault it its tracks. And swap in moves could also help balance it out while Immune to stun it’s not immune to damage and a rat swap I would so significant damage. I feel though we do need something that is somewhat cunning playing with the big boys. Something like this would mean cunning part cunnings could have a chance plus it would be a good new counter for a lot of tyrants. In the end though I’m not that good at doing match but people like @Mudkipz and @ElEduardo are they could lend insight on if it is too much.

That’s another thing I also wanted it to be able to handle some of the problematic creatures that peopl do have issues with such as rixs, Thor’s, boosted magnas and Monolometrodon. Even at base level with camouflage it should be able to do a good job again creatures like this but again idk if it is too much or not we will have to wait until more people join in.

I definitely trust @Qaw on matchup analysis. They tend to think through these things very thoroughly.

My thoughts on Scutoceratherium is thay it’s good overall, but it’s also very resilient (as one would expect). On turn 1, your best options are going to be mostly resilient attacks: shielded decide strike or revenge decelerating Impact. Camouflage is a great move, but doesn’t do any damage. You won’t have cunning Rampage until the next turn. I like the distracting counter though!

The one thing that concerns me is having deceleration immunity with 126 speed and access to Camouflage. It could potentially reach ridiculous speeds quite easily without being able to be slowed down. There is stuff like Monolometerodon and Alloraptor that also can’t be slowed though, so it may not be a big deal.

Overall, I love the sloths, so I really like the designs.

1 Like

I agree with the sentiment here, but you’re probably not going to find a catch-all solution to all these problems, and even if you did it would probably end up pretty OP. You have a nice idea going, just don’t stretch the design too thin :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well yes but I also tried to make not as resilient in other words while it can slow it can’t deal that well with dodge besides spamming strike it gives cunning at least a chance. As for going camouflage turn one that more to set up the counter so next turn you get that zero damage then camouflage again another zero rinse and repeat

Ceramagnus is in the same boat with group accel.

1 Like

Lol ya but it’s hard especially with boost basically getting rid of existing counters

Trysor with refresh, even the og sloth has full decel immunity and the hybrid half, also toura

That’s mine and @Qaw’s biggest counterbalance but without it it really would do that will in very significant matchups say for example against a rixs. But I am open to alternate ideas

Thats a good point about the Camouflage. Although if you wanted it to be less resilient, I wouldn’t have fused it with Scutosaurus :sweat_smile:

1 Like

True but I’m trying to give things hybrids that don’t have any like scuto. Most that just for the health and revenge moves and the extra bit of armor

Tryo doesn’t get nearly as fast as those 2 though.

Plus it’s the only one it would look cool with lol sooo there is that

That’s true, Ceramagnus is very strong

Ya but still fast enough to defeat some of it would be counters; but ya it’s not that bad compared to these two but also resilient moves exist

Eremotherium I’d argue is one of the strongest commons in the game right now, a speed increase would do nothing as it’s forced to use Camo every other turn which brings it to around 130 speed. With it’s counter and rampage it already does really hefty damage too.

While I get why people want a counter attack for Ceros it really doesnt need it, it’s already very strong with very few counters that i’ve seen while using it as the main creature of my team. Frankly if anything it might need a nerf.

Don’t really have any thoughts on the scute hybrid but at first glance it seems alright.

It would look pretty cool. I came up with a Scutosaurus hybrid with Megalogaia, just so it could have the antlers.