It's official. Argenteryx is COMPLETELY broken

Even in a Unique tournament it can destroy a team that has no tank selected or left to send… I turned the table with the pidgeons in a 0-2 situation where I was getting wrecked… After that, I got three or four more wins thanks to it, and of course, got utterly beaten by some out there as well…

Sure “it has counters” (like somebody will always point out), but as I always say, that’s no excuse to make a creature unbeatable against almost everything else. This much healing with dodges and distraction should never be a thing. This creature is even more broken as an Epic than Rixis ever was. It seriously needs a tone down…

33 Likes

Yeah, the more and more I look at it, Argenteryx is quite busted, at least for an Epic. It needs something to tone it down. More Group Attacking Resilients, more Resilients, or really just more dinos in general that would be good at taking out flocks, along with Fearless Alert and On Escape Evasion to become Alert once it’s at 33.3% of it’s HP, not 66.6%.

13 Likes

Yes argenterix is ​​broken

It lasted 10 min before my dodge failed and I was very happy that it failed

1 Like

I don’t blame anyone if they find Teryx broken… my Alt is in Aviary and running at L11 UB and it smashed a L20 UB Compy and a L19 Slightly boosted Pho alone…

I 3-0’ed two opponents today in the tournament only with Argenteryx… And I’m on top250, so we’re not talking about noobs here… and again, it’s a UNIQUE tournament!

2 Likes

The apparent counters to Argenteryx are little compared to the overwhelming majority that gets beaten up by it

Here is a list of counters to it for the tourney(not all tho)(most are not 100%)

Suchotator
Ankylodicurus
Diplodocus
Erlikogamma
Majundaboa
Megalotops
Antarctovenator
Compsocaulus
Erlikospyx
Geminititan
Magnapyritor
Skoonasaurus
Spinoconstrictor

As you can tell this is about 19% of the creatures allowed in the tourney. 19%

Yes a creature that can counter 81% of the tourney is totally balanced Ludia

2 Likes

Yea I have used argenteryx and it can beat a WIDE variety of things, despite it only being an epic

2 Likes

Thanks!

Putting Argenteryx on my tournament team

:grin:

3 Likes

Yep. Orion did NOT last for long… but distraction does help take it down though.

I remember I was battling in this tournament and it was testa vs thordor and I was gonna die
I swapped to teryx and basically swept his/her entire team with argenteryx alone

2 Likes

true
quite true

This thing is a nightmare… KO’d my Spinoco (who was at 1/3, admittedly, took out half of Grypo’s health, then when I swapped out, regenerated to full health themselves (forgot about the on escape heal), then almost took down my Scorp3. I was just lucky that both stuns from LQS worked, otherwise I would have lost Scorp too.

…Although it’s yet another ‘healing’ dino that’s overpowered, I see.

2 Likes

yep - broken for sure - but most flocks are

4 Likes

Well if you are referring to how op healing dinos are - self healing as a passive move - then yes. Testa is still the worst by far - I have never disliked a creature like Testa (I have a testa and only use it bc I have to). It’s horrific, and the “nerf” did nothing to help balance it at all. We are having the same issue now with argenteryx as we do tests - you cannot swap out on it bc it regenerates so much so you will kill 2 of your dinos if you do swap. Parathrops is awful, too. Too many heals, a swap in fierce that also breaks shields, and healing galore - in addition to cautious strike to heal bleeds and a terrible resilient rampage that can take out everything. Balance isn’t a thing anymore. At least testa and Para are uniques, but an epic like argenteryx shouldn’t exist.

10 Likes

Although it’s stats aren’t so broken the true problem about argenpteryx is that he has triple evasion

My Argenteryx has taken down an entire team of Uniques, including: Magna, Gemini, Phorurex and Scorpius Rex Gen 3. Apparently the team that has Argen automatically already wins if the opponent doesn’t.

I wonder if one day Ludia will test her creatures before launching in the game.

11 Likes

That’s surprising because when I used it in the tournament it wasn’t very good against scorp 3

2 Likes

Not broken in this tourney I killed it eith ardent… I laughed when I saw someone try and use it against uniques. Also erikspyx kills it easily

Skoona ain’t working?!