Ludia Forums

It's time to bring Smilonemys back to her former glory

Smilonemys is awful. I was sincerely hoping to see a buff in update 2.1. Well, it got 100 extra attack. Yay! Unfortunately I fear that it’s still pretty terrible. So, I came up with 3 potential builds that will make Nemys at least somewhat usable. Which one do you prefer? Feel free to leave yours down below.

The Cunning Kitty - completely retooled to be a primarily cunning dino with some defensive ability. As a result of extra distraction, it lost some armor.
Health: 3300
Attack: 1500
Speed: 128
Armor: 40%
Crit: 5%

• Cunning Strike
  • Prowl
  • Precise Pounce
  • Impact and Run
    Swap In Dodge
    Resistances:
    Distract 50%
    Stun 100%
    Deccel 75%
    Pin 75%

The Armored Attack Cat - a version retooled to be more of a tank, with resilient moves to boot. Its not quite as tanky as some others, but it compensates via the ability to run away from bad matchups, and solid speed for a tank.
Health: 4500
Attack: 1200
Speed: 120
Armor: 50%

• Shielded Deccel Strike
  • Rampage and Run
  • Resilient Rampage
  • Long Invincibility
    Swap In Stunning Strike
    Resistances:
    Deccel 100%
    Stun 100%
    Pin 100%

The Mobile Amalgamation - a hybrid of both of the previous roles, much more in line with how Nemys is right now.
Health: 4200
Attack: 1300

• Superior Vulnerability
  • Precise Pounce
  • Rampage and Run
  • Prowling Shields
    Swap In Dodge
    Resistances:
    Distract 50%
    Stun 100%
    Deccel 100%
    Pin 75%

So, what do you think? How can we buff Nemys to be usable again?

3 Likes

I do think that Vulnerability should show up in more of the Turtle Uniques, and it could help Smilon deal more damage to non-fierce creatures. Replacing DP with a shielding move and SDS with SV does seem like the logical thing to do.

4 Likes

I like the second and third ones. Third one the best imo

6 Likes

i will draw on design 3

Cunning, armor and taunting

Vulnerabily superiority
Prowl (75% to dodge, 100% critical)
Precise pounce
Group taunting shield

(loses “fuss and flight” but in return receives resistance to prevention and swap in acute stun)

Resistances:
100% to stun
75% to vulnerabily
50% to distraction
75% to speed decrease
35% to dot
75% to swap prevention

Swap in acute stun(100%)

Health: 4050
Damage: 1100
Speed: 127
Critical: 5%

Group tauting shield receives it to be more useful in raids (and now that the hadros lux is coming)

Smilocephalus (is very forgotten)

Shield delcel strike
Prowl (75% to dodge, 100% ceitical)
Precise pounce
Group taunting shield

Resistances:
100% to stun
75% to distraction
50% to swap prevention

Swap in acute stun(100%)

Health: 3900
Damage: 1450
Armor: 0%
Critical: 20%

smilochep is more offensive and nemys is more defensive

pachy no longer has RaR, now has GTS

What if Smilo might be the secret to Hadros Lux?

It got 100 extra attack but kept the health.

I’m happy with that as with the changes to Max and Tryko it has better match ups now

2 Likes

I like the third one similar to my rework but one question how does prowling shields work cause I feel it might be too much depending of the ability’s features

Edit: also I think 127 is fine with the fact it can slow and has extreme armor plus two rampages just to make sure magna still can go against it

As always, they love Magna more than Nemys :sob:

No more like if nemys does get a buff like that magna will be the only speedsters able to handle to dead on, Orion could probably too but not as efficiently plus it’s gonna have to keep going for strike

So it’s just for balance sake

Also ya has a better design lol and awesome colors

1 Like

I think the silliest thing is that it’s swap-in stun doesn’t even have a 100% proc chance when the ability does NO damage. I feel like that’s really holding it back.

For the past few seasons now I’ve barely made it into Nublar Shores and I’m always seeing boosted (and even non-boosted) Monostegotops strictly for the swap-in because it goes through armor and isn’t a rend which is what holds back Dracoceratops from being run a lot of the time in a heavy-armor environment plus minor rend resistance here and there. The chance for a stun, though? That is always a nice, sweet cherry on top of everything.

Since even a non-boosted Mono can at least stall out a little bit depending on the match-up, maybe Ludia is afraid of what a more attack-orientated creature with higher-than-normal armor can do. Still, though…#feelsbadman.

1 Like