Ludia Forums

Joppa, Access shifted from after May to June, different pricing?

Joppa was up until a week or so ago advertised as being available after May this has recently been pushed out another month, I’m not $ure of the rea$oning behind thi$ but am a little disappointed in this move.
Also charging different players different rate$ for early acce$$ seems quite unfair. I along with many other players look forward to a hard earned grind once Joppa is recruitable for the general public.
Appreciate any insights as to the reasons behind the time shift and pricing differences :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Keith @Ned can someone explain the Community why Joppa’$ relea$e ha$ been po$tponed by one month and nothing ha$ been communicated in advance?

Would you al$o explain why the price ha$ been increa$ed? I$ it a con$quence of the inflaction due to COVID-19?

There has been no postponement. Wording was available after May, not in May. Additionally, release notes stated:

Prices are not changed between players. It could be different exchange rates, if they are in different locations. Could you verify where each screen shot was taken from?

Thank You

3 Likes

This photo is Interesting. Although I have no interest in purchasing the fisherman, I find it questionable the developer seems to be increasing the price in the currency shown by $5 in June. (I am not sure which national currency is shown in the photo above - Its much higher than USD or CDN price) I am not aware of a similar increase forthcoming in USD or CDN. This developer’s pricing schemes and currency conversions always seem to be disproportionately unfavorable to those residing outside of USA and Canada.

Additionally, it seems illogical to anticipate a player adverse to paying the current exorbitant price, would be willing to pay a higher price next month, specifically during a deflationary period.

1 Like

So guys, keep in mind: “after May could mean December…2022”…:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I think if I gave an honest assessment of my feelings about this I would get banned for life.

3 Likes

I’m in Oregon. USA

1 Like

I can verify both screenshots were taken in Australia, unsure why there is a $5 difference between the two though there are other threads stating pricing differences between players for other items. Thanks for clearing up the other questions, recruitable after “X” is certainly open to interpretation!

I’ll try really hard to be polite.
It seems that saying “after May” usually implies in May. I notice now that the offer says “available after June”. I would assume now that also means July 1 at the earliest.
It seems in normal business and discourse, if someone says they’ll pay you after Monday, you expect to get a check at the end of the day on Monday at the latest, Tuesday if they’re late. If they then say, “Well, next week is after Monday too,” you’d think they were being intentionally obtuse. It seems that if you were to then point that out, a normal person would feel sheepish and apologize, and try to be very clear next time.

4 Likes

If I buy Joppa can I pay for him after yesterday

4 Likes

Why dont you give people jarlaxle before you try to overcharge them on another toon?