Ludia Forums

Joppaaaaaaa

Yo Ludia, now please explain this: players who acquired Joppa today, they also dropped an unbelievable pack:

So, please tell us, what’s the point in either buying characters early or farming ToM like hell?

5 Likes

Players getting Joppa today will not get the package. Which seems reasonable except, the package was advertised the same to all players, including some who bought the quest pass for the package despite it not being available to them.

@Keith

Where is the love for the players who spent $50 for early access to Joppa?

I spent time and money leveling that gear that Ludia just gave to people who unlocked him for free.

At the very least Ludia should have had a reward comparable for the people who already had him.

3 Likes

@saxden would you please explain what you mean? Apologies but I don’t get it.

Players who did not have Joppa until today did not get the cards or gold. Instead they get Joppa. Which seems reasonable. This is fair to players who bot Joppa before.

Yet, all players saw the same thing on the quest screen, showing they would get the bundle of cards and gold. But players who got Joppa today did not get the advertised bundle of cards and gold. Some bought the quest pass for the bundles and gold that were advertised, but instead only got the Joppa.

1 Like

Sorry but I still don’t understand.

This is my situation: I got Joppa via ToM and my Quest List doesn’t show Joppa, so I will not get his pack:

On the other hand, a guildmate who didn’t have Joppa and has just dropped him via Quest List has got the toon plus the huge pack…

1 Like

@saxden The quest pass is free you should not have needed to pay to get the Joppa prize.

@Fizbanius I do not know why the rewards are so high for some while other players are only receiving Joppa and not the rest of the rewards. The team is investigating.

This is a screenshot of the rewards shown from my device.

@Keith

Why are the people who paid $50 for Joppa not offered any reward? Seems like a penalty for giving Ludia $$$.

When people got him through ToM there were still rewards for those who had already bought him. Why is it not the same in this case?

4 Likes

Hi Ludia, What is the point of paying for VIP when I miss out on these rewards that non VIP players can get. Why shouldnt every player cancel VIP now when you show nothing but disdain for your subscribers?

5 Likes

There’s an obvious need to correct the mistake and compensate those that bought Joppa or slogged it out via ToM. Continuing to alienate your players is going to kill the game…

5 Likes

@CluckingCyclist fully agree with you bud, yet we all know what’s gonna happen:

6 Likes

I really dont understand why ludia thought it was acceptable to offer nothing for players that either paid the obscene price to unlock joppa early or put in the work (and believe me it is work, not fun) to unlock him in the TOM.

5 Likes

Hello @saxden could you and those who received the Joppa quest pass pack, but had no coins and commons write to support+dnd@ludia.com and include your support key?

@Fizbanius the number of coins and commons, should not be that high, it is a mistake and is suppose to be much lower. We are investigating what has happened and if it can be corrected.

@CluckingCyclist and @Greenwave we are discussing solutions. In the release notes, it was said like most characters, you can get Joppa on your team by purchasing early, then at a later date complete their recruitment event, and finally receive for a renown gift or quest pass. Whichever way you recruit him should have come with a pack(s) and this one should not have been better than previous events.

1 Like

I was able to immediately level Joppa to 12th and nearly max a lot of gear. All common gear. Not complaining.

3 Likes

Insane!
Ludia, You have no respect for early access users.

7 Likes

People either paid money or put in the work to get joppa previously. We should have received something at the end of the quest pass as well otherwise what was the point?

7 Likes

@Keith

So the lesson is not to spend any money with Ludia? It’s two issues. Both the obviously broken pack and secondly the fact that someone thought it was okay that early purchasers got nothing at all. That runs counter to all the past events where the early buyers still got something when free events to get heros happen.

4 Likes

It would seem sensible to reward those that had bought Joppa with at least as good of a pack

3 Likes

Easy fix everyone that own Joppa from other way get the pack now

5 Likes

Still waiting on a decent response. I did the entire ToM event to get Joppa however many weeks ago. Since then I have grinded tons of instances to get gear for him and get resources to upgrade him. Then all of the sudden weeks later anyone who doesnt have him gets him by finishing the easiest thing, doing dailies, and gets packs so large they now have Joppa higher lvl and with more gear than I do even though I been grinding him for weeks. Im no lowbie either most my guys are lvl 18+. This is ridiculous and everyone in game should have gotten the Joppa pack. I can’t believe the way paying players or those that paid gems for ToM are being treated. Paying to get Joppa early does you no good if when you give him to everyone else you give them the items and resources to lvl Joppa higher than the people who paid/grinded. The customer service here is appalling. You should have already put the Joppa pack into slot 21 of dailies for those who already have him to get the same pack. Sometimes it truly seems like you guys are trying your best to alienate your top customers/players.

6 Likes