The omnivorous super rhino unique hybrid: Monolorhino

stats:

So who would win:

• Monolorhino
  • Woolly mammoth
  • Tie

0 voters

Answer:image the mammoth wins 90% of the time

So ya @J.C Pls tell the team the next team you meet up that super-hybrid who dna is like area and incubator locked loses to the mammoth and all its legendary hybrids; and well all legendary and unique hybrids except stygidaryx

4 Likes

I did the math. Monolorhino wins if, and only if, it knows to rely on double distraction.

Here’s my first run-through, which would’ve happened if I commanded both with my lack of experience on these beasties.

Monolorhino: Distracting Impact (1350 damage, 3150 Mammoth HP remaining)
Mammoth: Persistent Ferocious Strike (1190 damage, 2800 Rhino HP remaining)
Monolorhino: Definite Impact (1500 damage, 1650 HP remaining)
Mammoth: Armor Piercing Rampage (2800 damage, Rhino at 0 HP)

Here’s the rhino if it knows what it’s doing:

Monolorhino: Distraction (900 damage, 2250 HP remaining)
Mammoth: Armor Piercing Rampage (1400 damage, 1400 HP remaining)
Monolorhino: Definite Impact (1500 damage, 750 HP remaining)
Mammoth: Persistent Ferocious Strike (1350 damage, 50 HP remaining)
Monolorhino: Distracting Impact (1350 damage, mammoth down by 600 HP)

But if they’re both really smart and the mammoth predicts double distraction, the rhino still wins:
Mammoth: Persistent Ferocious Strike (1190 damage, 1610 HP remaining)
Monolorhino: Distraction (900 damage, 1350 HP remaining)
Mammoth: Persistent Ferocious Strike (1190 damage, 420 HP remaining)
Monolorhino: Definite Impact (1500 damage, mammoth down by 150 HP)

The fact that we have a close fight between a unique and an epic is, however… Well, you know what it is. Even GamePress ranked it in the Low Alpha tier with Ankylocodon, Rajakylosaurus, and Arambourigiania.

1 Like

In that last one, wouldn’t the mammoth go for the rampage on third turn? Because the effect of Distracting Impact would be over and the Rampage would deal more damage. So mammo would win

4 Likes

Yep, you’re right! My bad, I miscalculated the ferocity/distraction stacks there. I thought the rampage wouldn’t be worth it at that point, but I was wrong. Good catch

Mammoth: Persistent Ferocious Strike (1190 damage, 1610 HP remaining)
Monolorhino: Distraction (900 damage, 1350 HP remaining)
Mammoth: Armor Piercing Rampage (2800 damage, rhino down by 1190 HP)

So if the Mammoth user is familiar with good Monolorhino use (more so than I am) and predicts correctly, the Mammoth can still win. Thank you!

3 Likes

Also like to point out rhino would lose even if you use bleed cause then either mammoth hits with with persistence strike or turn two hits it with a full on rampage

And that side honestly this super hard to make unique loses to a regular epic always

The mammoth’s immune to bleed anyways. :rofl:

EXTERMINATE

1 Like

Holy crap I completely forgot about that

Welp back to my hole of shame :clown_face:

So ya seriously rhino needs a proRAT 1.9 buff

3 Likes

Yes, yes… And let there be one coming for Stygidaryx too… :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Change its Swoop attacks to Strafe: Swoop combined with stun! Cleansing strafe and lethal strafe! Something like that

3 Likes

Lol I was also think of making it a fighter and not a swooper

So @Colin_Goodman, @StavKost23, and @Dinobai18 your technically not wrong but also not right

That would be an improvement, but it wouldn’t be Stygidaryx. They rewrote Diorajasaur because its moveset just didn’t make the cut, so Stygidaryx might get the same treatment. But I do honestly like the concept. A dual swooper with swap-in invincibility is quite versatile with the capacity to be annoying.
Unfortunately, it’s just weak.
Swap-In Invincibility can be replaced. We don’t need that. If we could replace Superiority Strike, that wouldn’t be a bad move. Minor Stunning Strike would be better, but that’s RNG-dependent. Distraction wouldn’t be bad.
I like the stun/bleed idea because that seems to be a good mix between Darwezopteryx and the stunning Stygidaryx. It’s not a huge change. It also does nothing against immunity, but I’m kinda fine with that for this one dinosaur. It still wouldn’t be close to making tyrant, but it would be less of a…

Disappointing disgrace?

Oh, I feel less like a nice person now. But I had to say it. It’s still true

2 Likes

More missed opportunity

What if we give Stygidaryx Instant Rampage instead of Instant Invincibility?
And boost its damage up

1 Like

:nauseated_face::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:(10)

1 Like

It might not be enough, but I’m actually not even kidding. It falls apart against Tryostronix and other beasties like it, but I have used it to turn tables before. And it’s actually not that bad as a starting dino, if you’ve got a good swap team. There are a lot of different ways you can use it.
My little idealized vision of Stygidaryx is that for most people, it’ll work like a piece of trash next to the other uniques. But for someone who’s really clever and knows how to use it, it works wonders. I have worked wonders with the Stygidaryx, but still… Its golden moments are few, and I’m sure they would be fewer now that I’m in the Library.

But imagine this…

I was coming up with a good example to paint potential beauty for the Stygidaryx, but it didn’t work. Practically everything popular in the meta now is either immune, defense-shattering, or still has some way to evade an instant rampage.¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Honestly If It is to have only one damaging move It should have like 1500 damage. That big heavy head should count for something :rofl:

2 Likes

OOH, that would be a big hit! Ouch! I’m not sure it should hit literally that hard, but…
Well, if you want to make it useful, there we go! Instant 3,000 damage! That would make it useful. Maybe even tyrant tier. I like the illustration on how the stats can change it, though.
Or maybe you were saying with just Superiority Strike without giving it Instant Rampage. Yeah. Give it some damage. Really high base damage if that’s what it takes. Even then, it’s still in trouble