Ludia Forums

JW Alive Accidental Purchase

After trying the T-Rex Strike, I don’t exactly know how I did, but the button that cost 200 cash to try it again was pressed, and I lost a lot of cash that I had been saving up for an extremely long time.

Is there anything I can do about this? It made me pretty sad. (If not, it’s ok)

I’m sorry to hear that happened, @Dogs_Weekly. Sadly, there isn’t much we can do on our end in this scenario. However, please feel free to contact our support team here at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key, and our team can take a look.

I don’t understand why there is nothing you guys can do, meaning support. We had someone accidentally buy and epic incubator and was told the same thing. Yet they have no problem restting accounts for people that again exploited a bug in the game.

Really starting to seem this game picks and chooses what rules they want to enforce, when they want to enforce them and against who they want to enforce them. They keep talking about fairplay but have no idea as to what that concept means.

We don’t have access to our team’s procedures, @Dinocop, but if your friend is still having concerns, could you ask them not to hesitate to contact our support team again? Thanks!

I know it is not you guys @Ned that’s why I said your support team. It wasnt a friends account it was one of ours. I did email that about it probably 6 to 8 months ago and that’s what we were told. There is nothing they can do for accidental purchases.

@Dogs_Weekly

Let’s us know what support says about a refund if you dont mind. I know I’m not the only one on here who has been told by them there is nothing they can do for accidental purchases. However in the last couple weeks they have set a new precedent showing they can actually refund purchases by refunding for boosts.