JWA Community, I need your help with some Strike Guide Advice!

OK guys, I need some help over here. Basically, I’ve been writing Strike Guides for a while now, and with the recent step to GamePress I’ve decided that it might be time to change up the formula a bit. I’ll link the latest Strike Guide below this message, because I want you guys to give me some insight on what you want to see returning or what you guys want me to add. Keep in mind that a full step-by-step tutorial is nearly impossible due to the unpredictability the Strikes have today regarding dino order and moves. So basically what I’m asking you guys is this: What do you want to see in Strike Guide 2.0? I want to write Strike Guides that’ll truly help players to understand how to tackle a certain Strike Event, especially more regarding the ‘beginner’ players. This is quite important for me, so if you have an opinion on what should stay, get removed, or be added, please tell me! I’ll be taking notes on what you guys want to see and the most popular suggestions I’ll try and implement. Thank you guys in advance and have a nice day!

1 Like

youll have to add the element of boosts. new beginners to vets should know what the minimum will be needed to defeat the task at hand. there will probably be some more boosted lyth type of strikes so it will come in handy then aswell. you can also take the approach of what the bare minimum without boosts is just to keep the element of strategy but i would also include a boosted strategy.

Boosts are difficult to implement in these Strike Guides just because they can be used on anything. The counters I list are the ones I would come up with, but I don’t know if those are the dinosaurs you want to boost. I understnad that people want to see boosts featured in the Strike Guides, but to be fair, I cannot see how I can implement them. If you know of a way, please tell me, I’m open to any suggestion

1 Like

hmm good point but thats why i also say to include both methods. and it may be as easy as saying use a chomper with minimum 130 speed, minimum 3k damage or whatever, without specifically naming any. and maybe present a graphic with best choices. kind of how pogo does. it shows a broad aray of pokes that you may not even use or have high enough levels of to beat said boss… just an idea. imo you cant disregard boosts. its in the game.

I’m currently listing some counters at the bottom of the article for each individual dino. Perhaps I can make a section with general counters for the whole Strike. I kinda agree with the boosts thing though, I really can’t ignore them anymore. I used to say that if you got a boosted creature that does well against this strike you should use it, but I think I have to give them a bit of a better place in the guides.

1 Like

goodluck with it. i hope i planted some seeds for ya.

1 Like

Honestly… as someone who used to read every strategy on strike towers and formulate a plan… to now being someone who nows just goes in blind picks a random boosted dino and challenges himself to defeat the whole strike with that random dino.

Strike tower guides just arent something i currently need… if they add in boosted dino strikes this would change…

Your best strategy it to target the lower tiers of players with the lowest team possible to defeat strikes.

1 Like

there used to be this graphic that showed different groups of dinos and for instance it showed like therapods are good againt this type etc… would be cool to see that get updated somehow and show with boosts also. ill see if i can find it to give you some ideas. so it could be lind of universal to use.

1 Like

I think I know which graphic you mean, and I’ll bring it up to the writing board. That’s a good idea for an article!

1 Like

I get what you’re saying. Problem is that with low-level guides, you’d have to calculate all possibilities. And with the Strike Guides becoming a bit more unpredictable (What dino order, what moves they use) that can become a real pain in the neck to do. I mean, I can always try, but it won’t be a guaranteed feature

I think having a poll of some sort of what the most likely scenario can be helpful. I might be in the small minority, but I still like to plan for my strike towers. I base my opener on the most likely opener and move. So for example, let’s use Blue. Let’s say 60 percent report that she opens with pounce over shield. That might determine who my opener will be. If it’s more even, that might determine a different opener.

1 Like