Ludia Forums

JWA FANMADE Stat Rehauls: Chapter One

For the past 2 years, I have looked at creatures that could function much better in combat, either to match the ferocity of their movie version, to make them more realistic, or to simply make them more viable or less OP. In this “chapter,” we’ll start with some of the creatures that appeared in the movie series. Before I kick this off, here all dodging abilities will dodge ALL damage, as an actual dodge should. The current system works with hits and glancing blows rather than dodges.

Ankylosaurus GEN-2
Stats at level 26:
Health: 4500 Damage: 1200
Armor: 30% Crit. Chance: 5%
Speed: 102
Moves:
Defensive Stance (Ankylosaurids were tanky and defensive, and basing a moveset off of this is important. As such, Defensive Stance fits in very well)
Lockdown Impact (Ankylosaurids also hit EXTREMELY hard and could break bones. This is where Lockdown Impact seems fitting, as it hits hard and inflicts Swap Prevention)
Swap-In: Defense (Again, focusing on defensive capabilities here)
.25x Counter (Considering how the Jurassic World Ankylosaurus are spiky instead of bumpy, a counter attack can reflect getting hurt by the spikes)
Full Resistances: Deceleration

This second iteration of the InGen Ankylosaurus was likely a variant that was used in Jurassic World, considering the similarity of coloration to the movie version. These were engineered to be more docile, which is reflected by the stats and moves here.

Ankylosaurus
Stats at level 26:
Health: 4850 Damage: 1450
Armor: 40% Crit. Chance: 5%
Speed: 102
Moves:
Defensive Stance (again with the defensive capabilities)
Lockdown Rampage (A move I made up. Literally just lockdown impact but with 2x damage instead of 1.5x. Imagine a club that’s attached to a reinforced tail smashing into a Tyrannosaurus’ ribcage. “Now that’s a lot of damage!”)
Instant Invincibility (Another defensive option to stop all incoming damage. Especially helpful when handling opponents that can’t break through shields)
.25x counter (again with the spikes)

Here we have what is a previous iteration of Ankylosaurus. A higher ranking with much more damage and bulk, you don’t want to mess with this angry dinosaur. It really is an upgrade from the GEN-2, which makes sense for its ranking.

Stegosaurus
Stats at level 26:
Health: 4350 Damage: 1400
Armor: 20% Crit. Chance: 20%
Speed: 103
Moves:
Superiority Strike
Thagomizer (Let’s change it up. We’ll keep the deceleration, as that is how the stegosaurids in the game function and it makes sense, but since you have a giant tail spine driving into you, it will also inflict 2x damage and .25x DoT)
Instant Distraction (Picture an angry Stegosaurus waving its tail back and forth while bellowing and turning sideways, revealing the profile of the plates. It looks a lot bigger, and it’s angry. Get the picture?)

Full Resistance: Deceleration

Here we have a famous dinosaur, both in its real life and JP/JW forms. I bumped it up from Common to Rare, as I felt that it should have a much greater arsenal than it has. It only seems fitting to raise a popular dinosaur up a rank too. Stat wise, we’re looking at a much more offensive dinosaur than Ankylosaurus. While it doesn’t rival it in most of its stats, its ability to slow opponents down and cause them to bleed makes it much more offensive. It can still face off against raptors and other creatures like it was intended to, but now it proves a threat to bigger predators, like Allosaurus. Speaking of that…

Allosaurus -> Juvenile Allosaurus
Stats at level 26:
Health: 3600 Damage: 1000
Armor: 0% Crit. Chance: 20%
Speed: 124
Moves:
Pinning Strike
Gashing Wound

Much unlike the Tyrannosaurus-like stats of the common Allosaurus in-game, here, the renamed Juvenile Allosaurus, focuses on fighting much like a real Allosaurus. It uses its speed to keep up with smaller prey, and when facing off against any size, it causes rapid bleeding with its sharp teeth. However, it is a juvenile, and since it isn’t fully grown it won’t be exceptionally strong. However…

Allosaurus GEN-2 -> Mature Allosaurus
Stats at level 26:
Health: 4450 Damage: 1550
Armor: 10% Crit. Chance: 40%
Speed: 115
Moves:
Cleansing Shattering Strike
Gashing Wound
Deafening Bellow (a move I made up. Priority. Reduce target’s damage by 75% for 1 turn, 50% on the second turn. Cooldown 2. You have heard how this thing sounds, right?)
Swap-In Ferocity
Full Resistances: Vulnerability, Crit. Reduction
Partial Resistances: DoT (50%), Deceleration (75%), Distraction (33%)

As the description states, this is an adult, and it’s much more experienced than the juvenile. It is much stronger and is much bulkier, at the cost of its speed. With this experience it has a wider arsenal, both in offensive capabilities and in its resistances. Its Swap-In Ferocity acts similar to that of a surprise attack. If it gets the jump on you, it can dish out some serious damage. However, if you play your cards right, tougher creatures with a combination of Cunning abilities and high damage can handle it.

Spinosaurus
Stats at level 26:
Health: 4700 Damage: 1700
Armor: 20% Crit. Chance: 30%
Speed: 114
Moves:
Fierce Strike
Lethal Wound
Fierce Rampage
Swap-In Distraction
Full Resistances: Deceleration, Stuns
Partial Resistances: Stuns (50%), DoT (50%), Distraction (50%)

The star of Jurassic Park III. Love it or hate it, it was without a doubt one of the most dangerous dinosaurs ever seen in JP history, standing up there with the Indominus rex and the Indoraptor. Rather than sitting as an incredibly weak bleeder with low damage, Spinosaurus reclaims its nature with higher health, higher damage, and a bit of armor at the cost of its former speed. This makes it a terrifying adversary. Its promotion to the rank of Epic suits it, allowing it to stand side by side with the other ferocious theropod of the Jurassic Park franchise, Tyrannosaurus rex. Spinosaurus specializes in taking down bulky, armored prey, much like Tyrannosaurus. However, instead of relying entirely on bleeding, it too can utilize heavy barrages of attacks that shatter the defenses.

Tyrannosaurus rex
Stats at level 26:
Health: 4600 Damage: 1800
Armor: 10% Crit. Chance: 30%
Moves:
Fierce Strike
Petrifying Bellow (another move I made up. Priority. Target cannot swap for 2 turns. Gain 50% shields for 1 turn. Delay 1, Cooldown 3)
Fierce Rampage
Full Resistance: Vulnerability

Ah, the star of not only the franchise, but all of the Mesozoic. Tyrannosaurus is loved by many, and its powerful jaws and bulky build make it a very powerful predator. It functions very similarly to its current iteration in-game, but now with some spice, rather than just constantly chewing with no variety. It still holds the same weaknesses as before, but it can get a bit of space from non-shattering creatures with Petrifying Bellow. Boasting more damage but less health and speed than Spinosaurus, she can easily tear through heavily-armored opponents.

Velociraptor
Stats at level 26:
Health: 2000 Damage: 1000
Armor: 0% Crit. Chance: 20%
Speed: 130
Moves:
Sidestep (remember, both the real life and JP ones were nimble. This move fits in rather well with the JP variant)
Cunning Strike
Pounce (signature raptor move)

Another star of the films, Velociraptor remains true to its nasty roots, now with more combat maneuverability thanks to Sidestep. Regardless, creatures with Resilient and Superiority moves can still bring it down, and heavily armored creatures don’t take too much damage. However, the damage was reduced, as it is incredibly powerful in-game. The speed has also been knocked down a tad, as it doesn’t make sense that it is THE fastest in the game, as a select few could move faster. Nevertheless, Velociraptor is still a fearsome adversary, easily capable of bringing down a variety of creatures.

Gallimimus
Stats:
Health: 2350 Damage: 1200
Armor: 0% Crit. Chance: 5%
Speed: 132
Moves:
Sidestep
Precise Impact
1x counter
Swap-In Dodge
Full Resistances: DoT, Swap Prevention
Partial Resistances: Stuns (75%), Deceleration (50%), Distraction (50%)

Easily well-known from “They’re flocking this way,” Gallimimus stands as a VERY fast dinosaur, with this rehaul standing as one of the fastest in the game thanks to its incredibly long legs and light frame. This time, however, it focuses as a speedy, dodging counter attacker, making up for its lack of powerful moves with a counter. This, done in combination with the constant dodging and the Precise Impact every other turn, makes for a setup that can be nasty if not paid attention to. But as with Velociraptor, resilient moves can handle it quite well, along with heavy armor.

Indominus rex
Stats at level 26:
Health: 5000 Damage: 2000
Armor: 20% Crit. Chance: 20%
Moves:
Definite Strike (Remember how she could sense heat thanks to its pit viper DNA?)
Distracting Impact
Armor Piercing Rampage
Cloak/Revenge Cloak
Full Resistances: Deceleration, DoT, Swap Prevention, Stuns, Vulnerability
Partial Resistances: Distraction (50%), Rend (50%)

The monstrous hybrid that terrorized her way through Jurassic World is back with a vengeance! The Indominus rex boats outstanding health and damage for its class, and with a considerable amount of armor (remember, she’s bulletproof AND took a rocket to the side and brushed it off), she’s no joke this time. Now equipped to handle a HUGE variety of prey, she will stand tall in the mid to late-game matchups. Even when facing off against her counters, she won’t go down without putting up a nasty fight. Her Definite Strike lets her tear down dodging creatures, her Distracting Impact brings tank busters to their knees, and anything without a shield still falls to her Armor Piercing Rampage! To top it off, she keeps her trademark Cloak and Revenge Cloak abilities!

Indoraptor
Stats at level 26:
Health: 4600 Damage: 1550
Armor: 20% Crit. Chance: 40%
Speed: 128
Moves:
Sidestep
Definite Strike (the Indoraptor could use Echolocation to search for hidden targets)
Cleansing Impact
Precise Pounce
Swap-In Nullification
On-Escape: Ferocity (Increase damage by 50% when opponent attempts to swap out)
Full Resistances: Distraction, Stuns, DoT
Partial Resistances: Swap Prevention (50%), Rend (33%), Deceleration (50%)

The ferocious Indoraptor strikes again! Now a jack-of-all-trades of his components, the weaponized monster can face off against a variety of foes. His Sidestep gives him a speed advantage against many opponents while cleansing any negative effects. Definite Strike lets it dish out some damage to armored creatures while knocking down dodges and cloaks. Cleansing Impact does considerable damage and further removes negative effects, and Precise Pounce dishes out the most damage while further dropping dodging creatures. Its armor helps fend off smaller creatures like raptors, while its overall offensive build will make it a nightmare to fight against.

Brachiosaurus
Stats at level 26:
Health: 5850 Damage: 1400
Armor: 20% Crit. Chance: 30%
Speed: 103
Moves:
Resilient Strike
Taunting Bellow
Decelerating Rampage
Swap-In Slow
.5x Counter
Partial Resistances: Stuns (75%), Vulnerability (50%)

Brachiosaurus, the regal giant, towers above its contenders, boasting a great health pool and considerable damage. Her Taunting Bellow helps absorb non-shattering blows, while her Resilient Strike and Decelerating Rampage knock down faster creatures. Even when she’s out of her element, like when she faces off against tank busters, she can put up a tough fight.

Nasutoceratops
Stats at level 26:
Health: 4000 Damage: 1200
Armor: 20% Crit. Chance: 5%
Speed: 116
Moves:
Distraction
Superiority Strike
Greater Stunning Rampage
Rending Counter
Swap-In Stun
Full Resistances: Stuns, Deceleration, Swap Prevention
Partial Resistances: Vulnerability (50%), Rend (33%)

The mighty adversary of the Allosaurus in Battle at Big Rock, Nasutoceratops is more than well equipped to tackle major threats. Boasting a variety of abilities, it can face off against almost anything. It performs best against creatures that have low health and deal less damage than tank busters, but it can certainly put up a fight. It’s definitely a good choice to use Nasutoceratops early to mid-game!

I know there’s a lot more to cover, but I feel that this is a good place to start. I have tons of fun making these, and I feel that I should show the rest of the playerbase and encourage them to try it out too. Yes, I am also suggesting these stat changes, but this would need to be considered after I go over the rest of the roster that needs changing (and trust me, I’ve gone over a lot). I hope you guys like these! Feel free to discuss it in the comments, and let me know if there’s any important things that I may have missed!

3 Likes

Uh, a few things.

1. Why would you nerf the Rex’s attack?
  2. I am sure that even a juvenile Allosaurus would have more attack and HP.
  3. Indoraptor had little to no armor so why should it have 20%

I didn’t nerf the Tyrannosaurus. Giving it the special bellow ability was a tradeoff for a slight amount if damage. As for the Indoraptor, it did have armor. Remember how Grady shot it several times and didn’t even put a dent in it? That’s why I gave the Indoraptor armor. And for the Allosaurus, we’re focusing on a young individual that’s holding the rank of Common. It’s not supposed to be amazing. The entire focus is getting that bleeding started.

If that was made in the game Indom wouldnt have any counters. People would just turn Indom nitro. Maybe 0% distraction resistance or 0% DoT resistance

The Allosaurus Juvenile described here is basically Sarcosuchus but faster and with crit. Bleeders rely on the bleed mechanic rather than raw damage. Thats why ludia made Dimorphodon’s attack 500 :pensive:

Yes Indy, let’s go. Finall someone realizes it’s capabaikities being the hybrid of like 15 different animals. Don’t like what you did with the raptor and all tho.

Don’t even say indom is too powerful. Sure you can nerf its stats a little bit this is the very dino that started the Jurassic world franchise and it’s Main geonome, Rex and raptor are the two Dino’s that started off the series. Show some respect to your ruler.

Indominus Rex literally means fiercer or untamable king. Look it up. It almost took down rexy and all the raptors as a juvenile, not even fully grown. It would have even been understandable to bring it back from its watery demise cuz its part cuddlefish.

Indo should only have the same amount of armor as Blue if any at all tbh