JWA Game map serious performance issues after 2.15 update

The game has become seriously unplayable when on the move in buses, trains, passenger in a car etc as well as even walking (the original game was designed to be played while walking so surprised the build was approved internally for release). Sure, I have an old phone (Galaxy S7) but this was not an issue before the update and everyone I have asked in my alliance has the same issue.

We would all be much more happy and appreciate if the team focuses on getting all the performances issues sorted out for a month rather than focusing on monthly new features, moves and creatures which introduces more bugs and performances issues and the dev team then playing catch-up. I am sure if you ask the actual dev team they would prefer that as well.

31 Likes

Same here, idk what they did in 2.15 but I’ve noticed a considerable increase in lag as well as crashes. I’ve also got an older phone (iPhone 6) but before this update it wasn’t nearly as bad.

7 Likes

For me, it works in the car, bus,or train, but if I log out of the game, it will take a long time to load.

I know with the update things are really bad in the game dues to lag (before the update was bad, but it went from bad to worse). However, today I noticed the game is extra laggy - stuff takes forever to load, game constantly freezes, supply boxes get stuck, everything takes forever to buffer including sancs, campaign, map, lav, achievements, rewards, etc, etc ,etc… I rebooted my phone, and it didn’t help. My phone is up-to-date on OS, and I recently (within the past month) deleted and reinstalled the game yet again. Anyone else notice this? Or is it just me?

6 Likes

I just got a new powerful phone but the game lags and freezes all the time.

6 Likes

Almost every time I, say for instance, go to my collection, my game crashes, not just at home, but any particular place (School, shops etc). It’s very annoying and it affects my gameplay quite badly. Please fix this problem.

1 Like

I have found the map to be much more laggy than usual since the update and darting seems a little off too.

7 Likes

Same for me but I also noticed my phone battery usage when the app is open increased a lot

Its pretty much unplayable.

@ned any idea on when/ if this will be fixed?

1 Like

I have a iPhone 12 and I have experienced this lag!!

3 Likes

Hey there, Asta. Our team has been made aware of the increased lag issues experienced by players since the 2.15 update. At the moment, I can’t provide an ETA on when this will be fixed, as the issue is still under investigation.

However, we’ll be sure to provide an update ASAP once we have more information from our team.

Thank you!

13 Likes

The lag, freezing, and crashing since the update is so bad. I can’t click on a supply drop or dino because of the lag, IF big if a dino actually spawns (rare in itself now) while moving faster than a tiny step at a time I can’t click on it because of the lag then freeze. By the time it works again the dino is gone. Supply drops freeze and cause a crash. Not to mention the lag in raids, waiting for everyone to be “ready” for the entire 2 countdowns, also the move countdown starting before the round starts causing missed moves.

Due to these issues making it pretty much impossible to play, not being able to cleanse DOT, the “connection issue” flashing on the screen every battle, and not being able to click on any moves has caused me to lose more than I ever have. I have always been a go with the flow person so for me to be frustrated enough to say something takes a lot, I’m seriously close to being done with this game. The fact that they have known about these issues since the update but chose to fix the extra daily missions DNA immediately instead is ridiculous. That extra DNA doesn’t mean a thing if we can’t get in or stay in the game long enough to collect it.

4 Likes

Is this considered top priority or will it be squeezed in if an intern has a few hours to spare?

3 Likes

I think it may be some sort of bandwith issue.
My main phone is a Galaxy S10 and does fine on it’s own, but when I tether my other Galaxy S10 and iPhone 7 Plus, I have to slow down to around 30ish MPH to make the game playable.

I have the game installed on 3 devices.
On the mobile that is about 3 years old, the delays are annoying, walking down the street you have to stop continuously so that the map loads every few meters, making it very difficult to play on foot, as I think the idea of this game was. Entering the list of dinos or the donations and sanctuaries section takes more than 1 minute.
On a tablet that is less than 1 year old, load times are much slower in all areas of the game.
And on another tablet that is about 4 years old, the delays are already several minutes at times. In the arena even when charging the battle, I have not been able to choose the first dino and the first attack, being almost impossible to win any. The same in the tournament this weekend.
Performance issues are alarming, it is clear that they should be a priority for Ludia, because if not sooner rather than later, players will get tired and leave the game.

3 Likes

I run a galaxy s10 as well, and the game runs very poor since the 2.15 update. Clearing the game cache improved the performance a bit, but still it’s nowhere near pre 2.15 performance.

1 Like

Trust me, it has absolutely nothing to do with bandwidth.

1 Like

We have been asking for this since last year. Fixing the map doesn’t make them money so they don’t care. As long as we keep playing through the issues, they have no push to fix them. Brand new shinies every month keeps the high rollers coming back and spending.

1 Like

Got this new extreme lag from today, not just raids but PvP are becoming impossible as the countdown gets to zero and auto select the first creature in the lineup, so gives me no chance to play PvP effectively. 100% repeatable.This is on my home super-fast WiFi. Seems some coder is messing around and live experimenting on the server side code making it worse

2 Likes

Any update @Ned @Breona @Davy @ Bueller, @ Bueller…? This one really makes me want to quit the game. Been here since the beginning but if we can’t play in a moving car anymore what is the point of sticking around?

Please give us some hope and give us frequent status updates on this fix. Thanks!

2 Likes