Ludia Forums

JWA Without the Arena?

On the fence about dropping the game or not. Even the most fervent JWA fan would likely admit that the daily boost sales have broken the Arena (at least Aviary and Library levels). Just not so fun spending time leveling a dino to have someone with much lower levels, but a bigger credit card stomp all over you because their team is overboosted. Anyway, getting off-topic here…

Before deciding though I wanted to hear from other players who might be playing JWA differently. Is it still fun if you don’t do the Arena at all? Thinking about just keeping my team up and perhaps just playing the PvE towers.

Have you or others you know dropped to play less boosted levels with different dinos? I did once and it was kind of fun, but then I started climbing back up.

Can you create new dinos just by darting, without the Arena incubators? I know it would be slower, but I’ll likely be cutting back on my game time with JWA anyway with all the bugs and boost issues.

2 Likes

I agree. Everyday boost sales have just gone out of hand, it’s always nice to go for a walk, practice your darting skills, and chat with your alliance. Even loosing the arena I still think jwa is a okay game. You could create arena exclusive dinos from sancs or buy incs and get lucky, but it’s just easier to do the arena. There are just so many bugs, yeah I agree. Just quit the game because of all the awful bugs and errors and the boost issue. Ludia makes all these expensive sales because all they want is money. Hey Ludia, listen:
Money isn’t everything, sure you can buy stuff with it but you can’t buy everything. Do you want players? I bet you do and guess what? Money can’t get them. You have to EARN them by having good games and not buggy ones. Want to see people happy? Make a unbuggy JWA and everyone will be happy. Don’t always think of money, put some care into your fans, actually you know what? Make cheaper sales. Even though you may think that will be less money, it’s not. Because the cheaper the more people will buy, think of a candybar that costs 10$, no one wants to buy that, but a 1$ candybar many would buy, so if you want money, make your offers cheaper so MORE people would buy them.

1 Like

If you don’t want to fight in the Arena then don’t. The Arena is only one part of the game.

I play weekly theme teams. Nothing competitive in team builds really. I float around Lockwood Estate. You don’t have to play competitive if you don’t want to. Play for the fun of it.

Yes, absolutely. It’ll take a little longer but you can do it.

2 Likes

Gyrosphere is a trash heep right now as well. I faced back to back… to back… max speed boosted thors today, at level 29-30 they’re hard to overcome. I have tried to be the silver lining guy about boosts but the game is so much worse than before. I walked my dogs last night and for the 1st time in a while put my phone away and didnt dart anything and I honestly think that will become my new norm. I want to believe it can come back but money will always trump enjoyment

2 Likes

I didnt get the total time by playing 10 minutes a day… i do strikes… that interest me spins some stops fip… call it a day. I did play some of the tourney but only to top 5k to earn a little hard cash and the 10k coins… maybe 12 matches…

1 Like

I believe it is absolutely possible. I do not depend on any dna I get from arena incubators, as it is very little amounts compared to strike events, dna requests, and event/wild dinos on the map. The biggest reason to fight in the arena for me is to open incubators simply for missions, both alliance and personal daily.

1 Like

Like this idea and I know someone else was doing it too. Seems like it might be more fun and would not get worried about going up in trophy count.

Yeah @Creative_Screen_name, it’s been the same for me recently, which is why I was considering just stopping altogether. Have not been hitting supply drops, darting or anything. Realized a lot of it is the frustration of the Arena that makes me not even want to open the app.

1 Like

I have found the only way to really enjoy this game now is to just avoid arena like the plague. It’s just ridiculous that any game developer would let it get this bad or that any player would defend it. It’s not just the insane boosts; it the horrendous matchmaking. I could live with other people throwing money into an inherently unfair pay-to-win aspect of the game if it elevated them up and away from me so I didnt have to deal with them but that’s not the case; the whales get boosts and I have to deal with getting 3-0ed every match by a max boosted level 28 Indoraptor g2 or Thoradalasaur or whatever. Basically; the game is so much better if you just pretend arena doesnt exist. Unfortunately this is now a lot harder that the much needed woolly rhino dna is the daily mission reward and every other day has a ‘open battle incubator’ mission. Not the ‘do 12 battles anywhere’ mission, no; it has to be the arena battles. Because Ludia know hardly anyone would play arena if they werent obligated to.

1 Like

I tried playing in lower arenas, but it doesn’t take long to get back into the cesspool.

I am only still here playing in the hope of a fix. Unfortunately, it just keeps getting more bleak definitely not better.

1 Like

Yep, just went up against a fully boosted level 29 Monolometrodon. How much money must you have to want to waste it on that. It was their crutch dino for sure. Still it took out 1.5 of mine as it had so many boosts thrown at it. They must have been desperate.