Ludia Forums

JWA's Spinosaurus is (kind of) scientifically accurate

So earlier today I decided to read through some of the facts about the creatures and I noticed that for the Spinosaurus it mentions that it eats fish which is 100% scientifically accurate. It also compares Spinosaurus to a grizzly bear which I think is also correct. grizzly bears normally eat fish but during hardships could use its size to scare off other carnivores from their kill but, if it needs too hunt it can. I think this is also how a Spinosaurus would act, although the model is nowhere near accurate but at least the description is rather very close to or 100% correct. if you want to see an accurate Spinosaurus in a game, look at thisUnknown-1

3 Likes

Well, the JWA model is accurate if you go back to earlier renditions of Spino. And you can’t exactly change the look of it since there’s the already established look from the movies.

2 Likes

I think that JWA’s Spinosaurus in terms of anatomy is kind of a middle ground between the JP3 Spinosaurus and a more realistic modern version. Its legs still seem kind of too long compared to the rest of its body.

true, but the model is not the point. the point is that the way there version of the Spinosaurus would act is very realistic.

This one will always be the king tho

5 Likes

I have exploded with nostalgia, Planet Dinosaur was and still is my favorite dinosaur documentary.

2 Likes

remember the spino that walked on its wrists/ fingers?

2 Likes

I still think that beasts of 9500’s spino has the best model, but I do like that one.

Second only to Walking With for me

the only reason I think its better than walking is the use of new science, even to this day it still fascinates me.

I Would say Walking with is better

yassssssssssssssssssssssssssss that will ALWAYS BE THE BEST SPINOSAURUS

Well i dont know about you but planet dinosaur will always be #1

Coincidentally, both models were proposed by the same guy who got the knuckle model wrong due to misattributed fossil remains :stuck_out_tongue: Not saying he’s wrong on the paddle tail, but I’m a little suspicious, particularly since that researcher failed to adequately address a previous study which indicated Spinosaurus likely couldn’t even swim very well because its lungs created so much buoyancy that it would’ve been difficult for it to effectively submerge and would’ve require near-constant paddling to keep from tipping over.