Ludia Forums

[JWTG] Vacation

Hi everyone,
I hope everyone is having a great time. I just wanted to let you all know that, I will be going on vacation until August 17th. While I am away, please direct your comments to @Daven as he will be looking after the JWTG community.
Thank you,
Keith

17 Likes

Thank you @Keith and greetings, fellow Dino trainers.
I’m Daven and it’s a real pleasure to meet you all! :wave: :wink:

14 Likes

How? I thought there was coronavirus?

I’ll be taking Blue with me to keep everyone else atleast 10 feet away. :wink:

16 Likes

@Keith be careful that Blue doesn’t get contaminated herself! :smiley:

2 Likes

Lol, Nice!

1 Like

We’ll be careful

4 Likes

Enjoy your break @Keith, welcome to the community @Daven

7 Likes

Thank you Sionsith

2 Likes

We will miss you :slight_smile:

I hear Florida is nice this time of year. 100deg F plus heat indexes and coronavirus galore!

2 Likes

I think if I could deal with being away from home that long I’d head to Barbados, where they are planning to offer foreign visitors a year-long remote work visa. Find a nice little hut on the beach all by myself…

5 Likes

Corona will die in 100deg temp lol.

Have a nice vacation @Keith. You deserve it. And, hi @Daven. Welcome

3 Likes

Celcius or Fahrenheit? I have not been paying attention to the Covid news because it might be stressful .

Enjoy your vacation @Keith . Welcome @Daven

1 Like

so true and annoying.

1 Like

@anon43877113,

Though this is off topic, I’m a scientist, and this is in my area.

First off, viruses aren’t alive. It’s basically software, and needs hardware (a living cell) to replicate. So the terms denatured or deactivated are typically used, but saying kill is easier for people to understand.

The coronavirus sars-cov-2 or COVID-19 has been shown to rapidly degrade at 56C which is about 130F. That’s pretty warm.

And finally, the high heat and humidity of the American south east (where I live) isn’t doing much to slow the spread based on my state’s performance (Florida).

So I’m general, I wouldn’t count on outside temps being hot enough to help anywhere that people can survive. Physical distance, handwashing, masks and limiting exposure to people are the beat way to keep stuff managed.

Go team!

12 Likes

Although all the evidence is that the virus does not spread well outside in general due to it quickly dissipating making it hard to get enough virus load to cause the disease if you are doing some activity outside. It’s primarily indoor activities that are the biggest risk, the longer you are around people and the more people there are, the bigger the risk. Rooms that are not open to the outside increase the risk even more. Suffice to say, I won’t be going to a movie theatre any time soon!

1 Like

I’m, at this point, thinking about JWD - hope it doesn’t go direct-to-video (chances are slim, but still…)

2 Likes