@Keith or any of the @staff can you rebalance the Video Game Day Event's second battle or at least buff the prize

Many players are having issues with the Video Game Day’s second battle being tough so pls give us a rebalance in the event’s difficulty of the 2nd battle even though I didn’t compete in the event but I made this thread becuase I know that I’m gonna get crushed in the event’s second battle and the prizes aren’t great I mean yeah Super Rares but pls make brackets of the prize of the event.

Brackets Idea: 30 - 49 = Rajasaurus, Postosuchus and Stegosaurus
50 - 69 = Dimetrodon, Sarcosuchus and Shunosauurs
70+ = Blue, Kaprosuchus Gen 2 and Bumpy

1 Like

I know it is hard but now we got a challenge that puts us to test, its all a matter of strategy , trust me, I’m still struggling with the third battle

4 Likes

There are players who can complete this event while others can’t. Where is the issue??

5 Likes

Look at the posts of the second battle.

Well, it seems as if some players can not complete this event. What a drama. Again, where is the issue?

1 Like

I disagree. There’s a difference between having a challenge, and the game just cheating players out of winning inorder to make them spend money on the game. The second battle in the event is absolutely ridiculous, and even with a perfect play style, you could lose the second you even start the battle just because you can start second. That, mixed with the strong creatures, and no Ko requirement, has made this second battle almost impossible for a lot of players. The easiest way to rebalance this match, would just be to remove the possibility of going second, which would almost instantly result in more players winning this. You simply do not get enough moves, fast enough, to not have a ko if you go second.

This was my second battle, which took me over 7 attempts to finally complete. Every single one I lost, I started 2nd. The one I won, I started second. That’s not a coincidence

2 Likes

The issues is that there’s a difference between people not being able to beat this battle because it’s hard, and people not being able to beat it because the game cheats them out of winning. The issue is, they purposefully made a battle that no matter how good you are at the game requires an insane amount of luck inorder to win. They might as well had made this second battle a prize wheel, and depending on what you land on you either lose or win. The issue is that going second made me immediately lose 2 battles in a row no matter what moves I made, and I’m sure that happened to other players as well. The issue is, that even if you are one of the lucky players who gets to beat this even because the game allows you too, you still have battle 3 to go against which is barely easier if not just as hard. The issue is you somehow think it’s okay for this game to make an event that is blatantly unwinnable for some players regardless of skill or level,

2 Likes

The issue is that some players may think that they have the right to win every event, no matter what.
I won the second battle in my first attempt and I have to admit that I had a lot of luck. Otherwise I would have given it a second and maybe a third try and after that I would have moved on without wasting any additional thoughts on this event.
There are so many standard events, I still do not see the problem if there is an almost impossible event from time to time.

5 Likes

I’m sorry, so you think the issue is that players expect to be able to participate and complete events? Is that not the entire point of playing this game? Sure there are some events that should be incompletable, but that should be based on your game level and knowledge, not whether or not you win a coin-flip. Imagine this situation in literally any other game, there would be uproar until it was changed. In-fact we can literally imagine it in this game. When tournaments first came to the game, there was a chance the player would start second to give the appearance that it was true PvP. But it was so unfair to players, that Ludia eventually changed it so that you always go first, because players complained enough. This is the exact situation. Wether you win or lose, is entirely based on whether you go 1st or 2nd. All they have to do is remove that, like they did in the tournaments, and it would make this battle hard, but not based off of luck. No event should ever be undoable because of luck, and Ludia already learned this which is why they changed the tournaments

1 Like

I can remember the time when the AI had the first move in tournaments from time to time but I can not remember that winning was completely depending on whether I am first or second. To be honest I was surprised that they removed it, making the illusion of real opponents completely ridiculous.
But you have a point, this Video event is like throwing a dice in its second stage. I still do not think that this is a big problem and at this stage we should accept that we have different views on this topic, which is no problem for me.

4 Likes

Update: I was right as I had to face 3 level 1 V.I.P’s at level 41.

1 Like

This statement particularly irritates me. As a player since launch, I have seen the ebbs and flows in difficulty of this game. Some events are harder, others far easier. With each event I do I don’t expect an easy win, as I often lose many times when I attempt the weekend mod battles of which I rarely participate in the first place.

This event was shocking to me because of the vast difficulty jump from the first battle to the second which was completely uncalled for. The inconsistencies with the AI, sometimes starting second, are just 2 issues I can name off the top of my head. All for an event that is suppose to celebrate Video Games.

I didn’t start playing this game for a wild RNG ride, and I bet neither did other players when starting this event. So please, don’t project what you deem as baseless complaining onto the vast number of players who took issue with this event. We don’t want easy, we just want it to make sense. This event clearly did not.

5 Likes

I have to agree with @Tommi on this one. I welcomed the difficulty. The reason this event was difficult was because it forced me to play differently than normal. I suspect this is the same for everyone, I know I strategically sacrifice creatures to give me the ability to move through a battle quickly, again I am guess most people play this way. There is little reason to not play this way since cooldowns are based on when a creature is used vs how much damage or if they are defeated in battle. Since 99% of battles in this game are based on this style of play, this event feels like the cards are stacked against us because it is a deviation from the normal. Was it difficult? Yes, was it impossible? No. Was it luck based? Sort of. I would have liked to have seen a better reward for the event, like a unique decoration or something, but the event was a welcomed departure from the normal monotony that has become the events of this game.

Not debating or looking to change how anyone else feels just giving my two cents on the event.

9 Likes