Ludia Forums

Kill the cleric

It is not weird to think you need to kill a healer early in this kind of game. I have realized that it is almost impossible to kill off a cleric with death ward if you do not. If the cleric is by themselves, and the item that gives them death ward is at level 5, they have a 75% chance of getting a 3 round duration 100% revive. That means unless they somehow miss 4 times in a row, with only a 1:4 chance of missing that means it will only happen every 1:236 tries, you can’t beat them. You have to be lucky enough to hit and kill them on that 4th time they missed or they will just come back at full strength. There is virtually no point in the healer even healing themselves.The key is killing off the cleric as early as possible when the death ward has a chance to be cast in another character other than themselves. Disarming them can help, if you still have a character left who can do that. Also, immobilizing and moving out of melee range can help, but then you have to worry about fire.

By the way, this isn’t meant as a complaint, just an observation

1 Like

I am using legendary helm on the wizard


And that spell kills the cleric for me. Because either i will 1 shot him (doesn’t happen a lot) but i’ll have 2 more turns to finish him off, which means i do get to have the time to kill a ward and the cleric without ward.

Also, since it’s only a 4turn cd, i can use it multiple times in a game without having to move to proc CD clearing pants.

1 Like

That does make it easier but you’d have to be able to kill him twice in a row because even with a 1 shot kill, odds are he will already have ward. With a 3 round duration and a 3:4 chance of getting it. He should pretty much always have it. One thing I dont like is that when revived characters don’t lose a turn. It seems like the action of reviving should take a turn in itself. They should not die and immediately come back swinging.

1 Like

Another thing that makes a single cleric tough is the way pvp is set up. If it is a cleric vs a team of 3 or 4 that means that their spells, heal, regenerate, etc. will come back 3 or 4 times as often as any individual characters special attacks on the other team. Obviously that works the same with any character

1 Like

Are you referring to the Thighbone? I believe it’s only 50% chance at lvl 7. :thinking:

1 Like

Its 25% chance at lvl 5. No where near 75%

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here:
boner

1 Like

Ehhh… some how I was looking at the piece for regeneration instead of the death ward. Forget everything I said. That’s what I get for working back to back to back double shifts

1 Like

Where I am at in the game, I usually leave cleric for last. He rarely does anything useful with AI gear loadouts, he generally spams aoe restore, and some heals. Im ~hero level 14-15 and renown 19 pvp 5k+.

I tend to go for kill order with auto kill, and dominate order as follows:

#1 Kill: Ranger
#2 Kill Wizard
#3 Kill Rogue
#4 Kill Barbarian
#5 Kill Cleric
#6 Kill Tommus (If he has taunt up)

IF I have bard, Ill dominate Ranger for Three turns, which usually wipes their entire party, and then go to #2 in order.