Ludia Forums

Legendary Armor or 80 gems?

Which would you rather get?

• Legendary Armor
  • 80 gems

0 voters

2 Likes

Without question I would take 80 gems.

My preference would actually be to have the ability to sell my Legendary armor.
I grimace each time I open a lengendary pack and the armor appears.

4 Likes

Remember, 80 gems is at least a 500 commons pack of the character of your choosing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right? Once you start getting epic armor to level 5, legendary armor is useless.

2 Likes

the only people who benefit from legendary armor are lower llevel people who have not gotten to grind any kind of gear yet. The legendary BPs are by far THE MOST disappointing legendary items there are. What should be THE BEST armor in the game is USELESS. You will max out epic, rare, and common BP before you ever max out a legendary BP and guess what, you will have the SAME EXACT stats. They need a serious revamping of BPs. fully maxed out BPs should steadily increase in stats per grade. IE: common 100%…rare 110%…epic 125%…legendary 150%

4 Likes

speaking of useless BPs my lvl 15 warlock who has their epic bp already maxed just got a shiny new bp from the guild event. WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO its lvl 2 and now 3/5…another 6-12 months and I will have this legendary maxed out and have the same exact stats i had a year prior!!! look out guys, here I come to number one on the pvp charts!

4 Likes

Has anyone ever received an explaination from ludia on why there are useless legendaries?

1 Like

We have highlighted milion times the fact the armours are useless and that some other “legendary” items are far worse than their common/rare/epic counterpart…do you think they have given us any sign?

2 Likes

Gems are hard to come by, and legendaries are expensive to upgrade, I’d rather save my gold.

I’d love to know from those who voted armor, what is the reason?

Probably fashion…

1 Like

I presume those who approve of Legendary Armor are newer players who have not yet established more common armor items. For such players a level 1 legendary could provide better protection than anything available.

2 Likes

this. Newer players are still unlocking characters with renown and such. I myself used a couple legendary BPs for newer guys but it did not take long before it was replaced. This is the only time they are useful but even then its not because its a placeholder for a loot that actually matters and you will quickly replace it.

That is a reason for someone to maybe want one. But those are our guesses. What are your actual reasons, voters?

They work for ludia?

1 Like

There are also completionists who will strive to max out all of the items. Such players are the fiscal engine for many apps and without them the economy of micro-transactional games would likely be strikingly different.

It seems these are all good theories, including Clancularius’. It seems it would still be good to hear from those who actually voted for armor over gems.

How many gems would those people take before they’d rather have gems than legendary armor? 200?

Here’s what 280 gems might get. I’d pick gems every time.