Ludia Forums

Legendary or Unique scents

As I am sitting here enjoying my lunch a thought comes to mind. Why aren’t there legendary and unique scents? Basically scents that guarantee some legendaries and uniques will pop up. It sounds like a great idea.

8 Likes

It sounds like too much.

3 Likes

Would make end game too easy for newer players with big wallet (assuming it’s monetized and which will probably cost a bomb per scent)

1 Like

Yea! I’d love this. 200 Dino bucks! Only difference is…

It lasts 10 minutes. Your guaranteed one legendary. Every 2 minutes, there’s a boosted chance of a legendary spawn.

Unique costs 5, and every min, boosted chance of unique spawn. Guaranteed unique too.

2 Likes

Me: walking Woah look at this big boy Ardentismaxima!

1 Like

That is why I was thinking that the legendary and unique scents would be accessible once a player hits level 10. Kind of like how boosts were not available for lower leveled players.

1 Like

Or get it from a strike event that goes up twice a week

If it was completely random maybe, as that wouldn’t even guarantee that you’d create it after darting a single one.
We’re talking about a 10k scent price if this would ever be a thing. Would you pay that?

as much as i like the idea of this, they shouldn’t be available for purchase.
tournament reward or special strike event reward. Shorter timer as well.

2 Likes

Yes completely random

But epics and rares aren’t guaranteed every 2 minutes either, so why would the legendary or unique’s be? I think guaranteeing them every two minutes would be too much. If they ever did them they should work the same as the other scents.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you

Or do it that way

Please tell me you’re joking

I may be a fan of scents, but outright getting the legendaries/uniques is too easy. I prefer to get the basic ingredients and keep collecting them.

I just figured it would help take the edge off of those long fusing strains that seem to take forever. Also, it would provide a leg up for players to advance in arenas.

1 Like

I’ll respectfully disagree.
It’s not a good idea. Is the goal to make JWA even more pay-to-win? It doesn’t make sense to give Ludia ideas on how to charge your account (more)… and then also complain about the arena being unbalanced … or attracting :whale:… or literally any other complaint.

I actually give Ludia a lot of credit for not doing this… it’s against their character to give up an opportunity to monetize.

Good work Ludia :+1:t4:
(And I genuinely mean that)

*For reference, recall the time when there were 4 days of unique attempts. That was free and caused all sorts of problems for upper and lower arenas alike. We can assume, based on history, that when a feature goes on sale once … it will most likely go on sale again, and again, and again.

8 Likes

It was just an idea that popped in my head that I thought would have been cool. Of course thoughts and translation to paper is a whole different execution. But what if it has nothing to do with HC or gold? What if it is distributed twice a week or so in strike events with only a limit of 2 scents kind of like the other scents. This way it controls the distribution. I am not asking it to be monetized.

1 Like

the way i thought i could work is…
the dinos you dart with a “normal scent” give out a small amount of legendary/ unique dna. (gonna go off unique stats i was thinking of) Like they are holding onto something from a unique dino.
each rarity is given a max amount of dna that can be given out. (5-10-15 for example) The better you are at darting, the more you get. So a perfect score (between x and 360 on a common dino (or whatever the max is for non vip) would net you 5 unique dna.) The dna would also be random so you’re relying on the rng gods to give you what you’re hoping for.

The only times I know that we’ve been able to make legendaries or uniques without getting their components to fusion levels were on Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s Day. After St. Patrick’s Day, a lot of people fussed and we haven’t seen that possibility for nearly a year (unless you count all the I-Rex/Indoraptor darting, but that would still take a long time and you’d need to progress slowly). I think handing out legendaries like Valentine’s Day might be alright about maybe once or twice a year. I wouldn’t riot if they do it with uniques again, but being able to pull a unique just off scents seems like too much to me even if it takes six months.