Ludia Forums

Library is a joke

It has become the spare time playground of those in gyrosphere and shores. Dropping so they can get as many battles and wins as possible. Once in there there’s no way to maintain your team unless you’re willing to buy yourself oblivious amounts of boosts. Which … obviously… isn’t worth it. Well done Ludia, you’ve got 3 upper arenas and the only place I want to be is way down from there. Tired of battling lvl 30 tier 10 creatures and losing 40 in one game while only gaining 20 if I win. I’ll settle for Aviary.

14 Likes

Given that the game is designed to allow those who choose to farm incubators to get cheaper boosts, it’s inevitable I guess.

It’s a shame really because the feeling of elation when you finally get out of the Aviary is very short lived as mega boosted teams just send you straight back down again!

6 Likes

I’m comfortably middle, upper Library without many boosts. Thor (lvl 30) has 2 health boosts and Mammolania is boosted 7/5/0 as its only lvl 22, rest of the team (Indo lvl 30, Erli lvl 29, Tryko lvl 29, Ardentis lvl 27, Gemini lvl 26, Dioraja lvl 25) is unboosted.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve been there as well mostly from Monday till Thursday. Then in comes the alliance mission race and whoop all the lvl 30’s tier 10’s are back again.

1 Like

Sorry - you’re finding that but my experience is very different; my alt account is in Library 5139 with this team:

Minimal (4 or less) boosts on all members apart from Tryo and Indo G2.

I have more fun battles in Library than my main account does in Gyro. Get knocked back down to Aviary every now and again with an unlucky run but soon get back up. Always have incubators running and no issue doing my DBI.

I think the issue is the matchmaking more than the players in this very congested part of the arena - but that’s not exactly breaking news …

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve been there and up as well. It’s not about having a bad hair day. It’s about limboing between a 5225 to 4975 score over 4 months now. Of course I occasionally have a few wins but end of the week, weekends and starting new month I always end up upper aviary butchering players there (not because I chose to)… only because I keep encountering creatures speed 150 damage 2100+ health 5000-7000. Also… I only have 1 account. Maybe I’m weird that way but seriously… second account? I’m spending way too much time managing just one account plus my alliance lol

2 Likes

Sometimes I wonder if I’m ruining it for people in Library. Sometimes I get matched against people who barely have any boosts and are low level. Tough other times I get matched with full teams of lvl 29-30 hyperboosted stuff that usually has a Thor in it.

2 Likes

i shouldn’t really complain about Library as i have a 20-23 team. don’t think i’m meant to stay. but the constant limbo going from 4700s at the lowest to 5100 is annoying. fall out of Library and it’s a pain trying to get back up. library battles are more fun as i’m not matched with the lv 30s in aviary constatnly.

4 Likes

I’d rather have those than this lvl 28 one… :see_no_evil:

1 Like

What level is that thing? It has more attack and speed than mine, although less hp.
EDIT just saw lvl 28.

That’s as scary as the 2.8k attack Thor I had to fight.

2 Likes

That’s the reality of the arena - my main has been bouncing between 55xx and 6050 for at least six months now; my alt seems to have settled at 5000 +/- 200. Gradually creeping up.

My main started very near the beginning and it has been a very different experience bringing my alt up through the ranks - I also have a different endgame (no uniques) which mixes things up a bit. I split my time between the two helped by lockdown at the moment. My alt has more fun. My alt runs on an older damaged phone tethered to my main with bluetooth - switching between accounts on a single phone is a chore. And as you say, you have your alliance - I don’t take on much responsibility there.

2 Likes

@Qiew you’re also a very good battler as our few friendlies the other day demonstrated!

2 Likes

It wasn’t criticism. I respect everyone putting in the effort and with my previous alliances we’ve often gotten help on the end of the week by high ranked player second accounts. So I’m not judging you. On the other hand having a second account bouncing back and forth will give less stress than having your one and only account progressing in every way except the arenas. Plus I don’t have the time to battle non stop having a job, a kid and an alliance to take care of as well :wink::blush:

1 Like

Thank you.
there’s only so much i can do underboosted and underleveled compared to my opponent tho. the grind for both is going to be long.

I rest my case :wink:

1 Like

S’ok - didn’t take it as a criticism - just explaining why/how I do it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Actually you make a very good point - my main account isn’t really progressing in the arena and the only way it will is to pour money into boosts which I won’t do. So when I get frustrated I just pick up my alt instead and have fun with that. Self therapy :rofl:

3 Likes

I go from 53xx and have big losing streaks down to if I lose another I’ll be out of the library. That luckily hasn’t happened. So I stay between that area. Usually above 5100 less than 5300 I don’t think I’ve ever had 5400.

This is my team and they are all unboosted.

5 Likes

My 2nd account which turned main last fall has slowly crept up to the 43xx range but I’m running into the problem now that in the last few weeks have been playing mostly AI’s. I’m working to have all the creatures on this account and my highest are my level 21 unique’s. The rest I bring up and stop at level 20. This is my play for fun account where winning doesn’t matter.

Yesterday, I played 6 AI’s and gained 80 trophy’s for the day off the 2 pitty AI’s. Not one real person. The day before yesterday, I played one real person and 3 AI’s. I didn’t need any DBI today so I didn’t play and my assumption is tomorrow will be the 12 battle day.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been playing as much as 3 battles in a row against the same opponent… and a lot more AI as well.