Ludia Forums

Lineup help for current tournaments and in general

I need a little help with my current lineup for the current tournament/s (I’m mostly focusing on the Nodosaurus one) and for the daily events. First, I think I got a little too ambitious with the Indo-Rex and yes I have read some threads on ferocity and not getting one really strong dino. Also, I have started getting harder daily event (most likely due to the Indo-Rex). I would really love and help people can give me. Thanks!

Here is my lineup:

And here’s my S-DNA (don’t know if that helps):

3 Likes

tip.
never use 3 strong dinos when you don’t have depth…
you just need to bring more creatures with ferocity equal to eolambia and indo.
Legendaries level 30.

2 Likes

A couple of things…

First, do you have Carnoraptor unlocked? If so, invest in 4-5 Level 20 Carnoraptors if you can. Carnoraptors are very powerful, and completely destroy in Dominator League. Level 20 Carnoraptors have less ferocity than I-Rex G1, so they won’t mess up your lineup or PVEs too much. Once I get two more Pyroraptors, I will by starting this project myself.

Second, work on getting your legendaries to level 40. You should have at least 2-3 level 40’s for each class, or level 30’s for tournament legendaries. These will help with PVEs and can act as backups to your main creatures in Dominator battles. So, if you have a level 20 Carnoraptor as your main and your opponent has a strong amphibian, you can send in something like Pteranodon to deal with it.

Third, work towards getting a level 40 Diplotator and several Tapejalosaurs. Diplotator currently has one of the best superhybrids in the game, Diplosuchus. Diplosuchus is essential for Tournament runs, as several JWTG forum members can tell you. Tapejalosaurus is similar, it creates the superhybrid Tapejalocephalus, another very good hybrid that is very important for Dominator battles. However, unlike Diplotator, Tapejalosaurus is also very good on it’s own. It was the budget hybrid before superhybrids were introduced. Just like Carnoraptor, I’d work on getting 4-5 level 20 Tapejalosaurs.

Fourth, do modded PVP whenever you can. If you can get into the Elite tier of modded PVP, you are guaranteed decent prizes, with no food or coin. You can win bucks, DNA, and S-DNA in modded, and sometimes you can even win good creatures like Spinoraptor and Rajastega.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks @SpinyLiving for the tips. Also, I sadly don’t have Carnoraptor unlocked (I got mine I some kind of pack a while back) and I know how powerful it is. The rest I’ll start working on a soon as I can.

2 Likes

Also, tomorrow there is going to be a hybrid sale (I’m pretty sure) so I’ll start working on that Diplotator.

2 Likes

What if I don’t have a monolophasaurus at lvl 40 (I only have 1 lvl 10). Don’t you get them in modded pvp or something like that?

Your Indominus Rex is a full 700 ferocity above anything else you have on that lineup, and your Eolambia is about 250 ferocity above anything below it too. That’s a recipe for disaster. For comparison look at my lineup and how many dinos I have between my VIP 10s and legendary 20s, and my max dino is Indominus 5, not even close to 10.

My legendary 20s are 2 spots below that Alangasaurus. You don’t necessarily need that many dinos but you definitely need more than 3. The point is that PvE events look at your top 3 to determine your opponents, and when your top 3 is that strong, you need a nice team of dinos equipped to handle what they can handle. You’re going to want Diplotator 30, Tropeogopterus 20, Alangasaurus 40, and Stegoceratops 20 probably, those look like the easiest ways to get dinos between your level 20 legendaries and top 2.

Edit: Piece of advice, don’t always feel obliged to instantly level a dino up to 10/20/30/40. Just leave them at whatever level you can support, don’t go overboard with it.

2 Likes

Ok thanks.

Ya I realized that… after I fully upgraded the Indo-Rex. Literally maybe 10 minutes after, I read a forums thread about average ferocity and that stuff. I was so mad… :joy:

2 Likes

Were you not able to unlock it 2-3 weeks back? It was available for unlock then. If not, it’s possible to buy a copy with 1750 bucks, but it’s not worth it for a creature that is available for unlock. You’re much better off spending those bucks on Pyroraptor, a “vaulted” creature that will never receive an unlock event. Just wait for another Monolophosaurus unlock event to come by, and focus on getting level 40 legendaries until then.

Mono was never available. They straight up canceled the unlock a few weeks ago and replaced it with Carnotaurus. I actually don’t remember a single Mono unlock in all the time I’ve been playing, which is like 4 months

1 Like

That would make sense then. I remember doing that Carnotaurus event.

Really? I swear I remember being angry with myself after I couldn’t reach level 20 on my alt account before the day was over. If that’s the case, that really sucks (although I’d still max Pyroraptor first)

Yup. Go back and look, they canceled the Mono. I literally bought 2 Tapejaras the Sunday before preparing for Tapej, but nope, I’m stuck with Tropeo now

2 Likes

Monolophosaurus was most recently available during a Rare Unlock Week, 8/24/20

3 Likes

It hurts to do this (and I’ve done it with a couple level 20 indos and a few others) but you might consider just selling your too high dinos for DNA. You’ll get them back in time. This would even you out quickly. Its painful but you can recover from it.

2 Likes

I’m on the verge of telling you to sell Indom but I won’t. First I see that you’re level 57, so you have legendaries unlock, good. Get atleast one of each one you have unlocked. Make carnoraptor 20, alanga 40, tropeo 20, and diplotator 20-30. You’re lineup is enough for pred, try to get there, you’ll get another legendary 20 to help balance out.

2 Likes

yes

2 Likes

The week i was the most excited

2 Likes

Ok. I’m already trying to fight in pred, but I hit the wall that is upper pred lower dom, so I’m taking a break to let my trophies go down. And I don’t have Carnoraptor unlocked, I got mine in a event pack or something a while ago.

2 Likes

Just got access to today’s 15% off on hybrids. I got 3 Diplotators and a Stegoceratops.

3 Likes