Lineup Help needed by New Player

Thats what I need to do now lol

As a free player alot of your dna is going to come from coin production, even though I’m vip I can still get way more dna per day than the dna factory gives me.

Once you get to the level that unlocks the trade harbour I would advise to improve coin production, (today I made 12k dna from coins).

Take a look at a few of these posts on the forums around coin traps they will help you and also sionsith has a lot of great videos for newcomers to the game :+1:

2 Likes

How far do you guys think I can get in the tournament with the lineup above?
This is where I am right now

But I definitely won’t stay here lol

1 Like

It’s a bracketed tournament, so for your park level you may be able to get a dominator finish, are the matches do able for you currently?

1 Like

No way!

I used the trick where you put in two of your weakest creatures, and one of your strongest. I’ve only lost 3 times, and have gotten all the bucks I spent back.

2 Likes

I didn’t know there was a a bracketed tournament. What is the difference? The matches are relatively doable and I can usually win if I guess the bots moves correctly. I got over 1000 dna from the prize wheel. Also a rare pack

1 Like

It means that the difficulty is set to your division so because your a low park level the matches are easy.

I would advise aiming for a dominator finish because this will let you unlock a tournament cave aquatic that is pretty strong, it might not help you with building your jurassics but you might need suchodus in the future.

Good luck :facepunch:

Ah sorry my mistake lower levels dont get the unlock

1 Like

What? No unlock for me? Whatever that’s fine. If I stay in Dominator then at least I get a bunch of bucks(hopefully). Also thank you!

2 Likes

You will get a single copy of suchodus, he maybe quite helpful for your aquatic lineup (in the future)

1 Like

Yeah definitely gonna help in the future. Not gonna hatch him instantly(If I get him that is) cause that will cause some major issues with aquatic events, but would it be better if I tried to stay in predator? I could get two legendaries

1 Like

It’s up to you, personally I would stick in predator if I was in your position as it would massively help out with your current lineup.

But if your looking to the future I would go dominator as one suchodus is worth 2 legendaries in terms of dna value.

1 Like

My aquatic lineup is getting stronger!

1 Like

See, I have the same dilemma as you right now. I’m level 34 and the tournament is so easy for me that I’m dominator with 250 trophies after a single rotation of my lineup, 0 DB spent. But then again I have to choose between a legendary 20 and Suchodus 10. Anyways, here’s my advice.
First of all, you probably shouldn’t be spending DB on this tournament. Especially a bracketed one. The top of your lineup looks comfortably stronger than any opponent I’ve run into so you should be able to just wait for battle cooldowns and beat people up the moment your dinos are ready. If you really need to spend DB, do it all on the last day when you know how much you need to use.
Second, your Suchomimus is miles stronger than any other dino you have on your team. You have to fix that. Events cater difficulty according to the strength of your top 3 dinos, and it’s very possible that your Suchomimus is making you fight dinos that your Diplotator and Shunosaurus aren’t ready for. Work on improving your lineup from #2 onwards.
Third, it’s never a bad idea to save up resources if you’re unsure what to do. I’m sitting on 25k DNA, 2.5 mil food, 3 mil gold, and 3k DB. Always nice to have resources at the ready if an emergency pops up. For instance, I had to throw in 1k DB to reach Predator last tournament and I just spent 3k DNA and around 200k food upgrading my Alangasaurus from 20 to 30 for this tournament.

Here’s my lineup btw, if you wanna see. I’m pretty sure I’m a lot stronger than I should be at level 34 though, haven’t been doing story missions for a while :confused:

So see how the top of my lineup is relatively balanced? There’s a minor jump from Antarctopelta to Alangasaurus, that’s a remnant of me being too eager to grab two Peltas and Diplotator 20 before I was ready for it. But other than that, I basically have a pretty smooth ferocity drop, whereas your Suchomimus is a huge outlier. By the way, I’d say your top 10 dinos are all playable right now in Dominator, seeing as my top like 13 dinos are playable.

1 Like

Good to see the advice of a fellow low level. I guess it is a good idea to not do missions, because then I can grind out some of the easier rewards. I’m gonna try to move to predator because a level 20 legendary is going to help a lot, seeing as I don’t even unlock suchodous. Good idea about watching the ads. Here is my current lineup btw.

It’s less of a drop now that Kapro is here. I also have two zings in the hatchery, so a level 30 is on the way

@DinosaursRCool I just wanted to show you this. You saw my lineup up there right? Well, look where it’s gotten me. 0 DB spent.

So far the absolute strongest dinos I’ve seen are tournament legendary like 5-8, legendary 10, super rare 30, rare hybrid 10, stuff on that level. Seeing how utterly dominant my day was, I really don’t think you’ll have a problem going to Dominator, let alone Predator. Oh, and the advice I’ve been hearing is go for Suchodus if you can. Legendaries are a lot easier to come by than tournament legendaries.

1 Like

Wow, but seriously level 5-8 tournaments? I’ve seen a couple level 11s tournament legendaries. But they were herbivores so my sucho demolished them lol

1 Like

Hmm, interesting. I literally haven’t seen anything I needed to go full strength against. I’m currently cycling through a 15- or 18-dino lineup with Kaprosuchus 10 and Postosuchus 10 at the bottom, never had to team up any of my top 4 dinos together and overkill every matchup that I team any of my top 8 together. Literally the absolute worst team I’ve seen so far was like tournament 5, super rare hybrid 1, rare hybrid 10. Maybe I’m just lucky but I’ve done enough battles to reach 1000 already so idk.

Btw, do you have extra Kapros lying around? I’ve found Kapro 10 to be soooooo useful. I just slap a Kapro 10 into the starting slot, throw in one of my top dinos, and throw in just any other decent dino and I destroy. 337 health for a super rare 10 is not fair.

Oh, and I’m not avoiding story missions on purpose. It’s just that my story mission is get level 40 Diplocaulus and I already fused mine into Diplotator and I’m too lazy to get another one right now.

1 Like

Four actually, so I could get a max level

Do NOT get max level. Having spare Kapro 10s around to function as tank is in my opinion a lot better. Besides, don’t forget: keep consistent ferocity curve. Kapro’s your only bridge right now.

1 Like

Point taken