Ludia Forums

Lineup Screen Lagging

While playing the Tournament I’ve noticed that scrolling through the lineup screen has become extremely slow and laggy on my Galaxy Tab S4. Normally itself it’s difficult to select creatures due to that waiting time, and for another even worse when the wrong creature is selected by a scroll misclick.

The tablet by itself does have short storage and crash issues but when I opened The Game even on my Galaxy S21 Ultra - relatively newly released device, with more than 100 GB free space - the Lineup scroll lag was there. Though not as bad as on the tablet the lag still exists. It’s so much worse when I have to scroll through creatures on cooldown, the lag even caused me to click the speed-up buttons a few times. Only due to having the Instant Recoveries active I didn’t lose DBs with clicks.

Battling and scrolling through the park, trades, etc are all as smooth as they were on even my tablet but the lineup screen lag is something I just recently came across.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

14 Likes

I don’t, my tablet is a Amazon fire tablet HD8, and it has 18gb free space, it just crashes from time2time. Must be your tab.

1 Like

Finally, someone noticed this issue. I’ve been struggling with it for a while now. Hopefully it gets fixed.

5 Likes

Btw, I have a Oneplus 7t. So this issues isn’t a hardware one.

3 Likes

This happens when like all your creatures are on cooldown, the lag scroll sucks so bad whenever this happens

2 Likes

That’s the thing, when I started the tournament run none were.

2 Likes

I have the same lagging problem too.

2 Likes

Not necessarily
My lag issue happens even when my creatures are not in cooldown. It also appears in the hatchery whenever I hatch 4 creatures at the same time.

3 Likes

The lag issue has been persistent with alot of players for weeks now.

It is not a problem with your device it is a problem with one of the ads slowing down the game.

You need to watch a certain ad via hatchery speedups, creature cooldown, lottery ticket and it will temporarily fix the issue returning your game to normal speed.

Please notify support of the issue if your experiencing this so that they are aware that it’s more of a global issue.

The more players that think this is an issue with their device means this bug will go unnoticed for much longer.

5 Likes

I have video evidence of this before and after watching an ad, however the forum is not letting me upload the file unfortunately :tired_face:

Lag video

Found out how to do it in the end.

@Keith or @Daven maybe if you could share this with the team so they are aware that a particular ad is slowing down players games.

5 Likes

Sometimes, it happens to me too. It happens at the trade harbour and I cant trade.

2 Likes

how do u have 20 points for the cot already :frowning:

2 Likes

This lag issue is horrendous.
It’s part of the reason I don’t even bother with tournaments anymore.

3 Likes

By doing all of the events.

5 Likes

ik ive done all of them but i only have 19 :frowning: (and i just completed all of the ones today, so my 15 was @Aether_12 20

2 Likes

VIPs get an extra event every day.

4 Likes

Ohh ok
10 char

2 Likes

Does anyone here know if there is a way to break your ad connections to the game? Like maybe something I can switch off in my phone settings? It’s getting pretty tiresome watching ads to bring my game back to its usual speed… sometimes I have to watch over 10 ads :confused:

2 Likes

You could try changing you ad ID but I don’t think it’ll help.
I personally have to watch 6 ads for creatures cooldown and that fixes the scrolling issue. My hatchery lags like hell no matter what i do. The game itself improves after watching all possible ads about 24 i guess. I don’t do it cause my game doesn’t slow down much and that much ad is more annoying than the slowing.

3 Likes

It’s only because earlier my game couldnt connect to any ads and because of this returned to normal speed, but since the switchover today no amount of ads is clearing the lag issue now, I could try the last few ads available on PvP respins but that would require winning PvP battles which I’m not up for doing rn.

2 Likes