Ludia Forums

Little help for beginners

Hi there,

After trying Jurassic world: the game, and still enjoying that game a lot, I thought I should try JW:Alive as well. Although it’s a complete different game, I really am enjoying this one too.
I have been searching the forum for tips for beginners, the Do’s and Dont’s and some explanation, but haven’t found exactly what i was looking for. Are there posts like this? If there are, a link would really be appreciated. If there aren’t any topics, maybe an experienced player can tell something about the smart things to do in this game?

Right now I am lvl 5, aqquired 2 legendary’s. Fought some battles, and now I reached Mt. Sibo, and joined an Alliance… But I noticed the battling system is really diverse, has lots of tactics, so probably some advice wouldn’t hurt. I also have lots of common dino’s which I could level up, but I dont know if it is wise to do so for all. Maybe focus on just the really good ones? If so, which are the good beginner dino’s? A lot of questions… I hope there is someone who could spare me some good advice… Much appreciated! Thanks!

3 Likes

Welcome!

I don’t know where to start - there is so much you need to know :smile:

Probably the best place to start is the Gamepress Beginners Guides:

Then come back here if you need further help!

4 Likes

Thanks @PQC for the sending the beginner link :slight_smile:

Lots of knowledge here in the forum and you are also welcome to join us in the JWA Discord community too!

And big welcome to the game @Belboxtel

5 Likes

Man you’re level 5 and you’ve already unlocked two legendaries? That’s really impressive! Congrats and welcome to the world of JWA!

3 Likes

actually 3… Baryonix lvl 12, Pteradon lvl11 and T-rex lvl 11… They showd up… some sort of event… I had 9 tries i believe… Thnx for the welcome.

1 Like

thank you for the direction… Reading right now!

1 Like

It is epics,not legendaries he is talking about

Those are epics,not legendaries

1 Like

Pteranodon was the only one in the event,it was 9 tries though

Oops… my bad! I am used to call them legendaries because of Jurassic World: the game, haha

3 Likes

Keep a balanced team,do not invest too many coins in stuff that would not help you out much,figure out which zone you stay in,the zone decides the dinosaur spawning near you.

4 Likes

Yeah! It’s Ok.

We’re on 1.13 now …

Well those spawn mechanics seem to still be the same

u have beginner dino’s for a good team? For instance i read that the velociraptor is a very good starter dino, so now i am constantly feeding etc to boost that one… I find it a bit hard to allready tell in which zone I am living…
Right now I see in my map the following dino’s:
-monolophosaurus gen 2
-T-rex gen 2
-Dilophosaurus gen 2 (2x)
-Diplocaulus
-Apatosaurus
-Stegosaurus
-Iguanodon
-Irritator Gen 2

Also, i do not really understand how big such zone is… is it entire city like, or just crossing some streets to enter a new zone?

Spawn mechanics in 1.13 are very similar to 1.12 - just missing the new 1.13 creatures

Archaeotherium : Anytime Global
Meiolania : Anytime Global
Eucladoceros : Dawn/Dusk Global

Monolophosaurus Gen 2 is meant to be Local 4(where I live) but because the current hybrid pursuit(a weekly thing where certain creatures are more common than others for a specific hybrid) the others are daily creatures or global,seeing that diplo g2 I say you are most likely,you are in Local 3

Yeah! The deer,I run into them occasionally

Definitely Local 3 - the Diplocaulus gives it away (assuming its not under an event drop …)