Ludia Forums

Locked creatures not available for DB?

Pretty sure these were available for DB purchase but its been a few days now since this option hasnt been available. Will being able to buy them again come back?

1 Like

@Keith @Daven could you guys look into this please?.. It’s the same for me as well.

Maybe something regarding unlocks? :grimacing:

1 Like

Negative. This happened a few months before too, they will just put the DBs offers back.

2 Likes

You also have to have enough DB available for the option, or at least I feel like I remember hearing something about that. So if your DB are not high enough you will not have the option.

But there could also be an issue with it being turned off. If someone with a decent amount of DB and has locked creatures could check that would eliminate this as the problem.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that if you have an event or other opportunity to get the creature, the buy for DB disappears.

Complete the event or wait for a lottery where the creature isn’t a choice and it will come back as buy for DB.

1 Like

Hello there,

I’ve checked with the team.
It seems that the DB purchase was a limited offer at the time but has since expired. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Also why does it say that these creatures are obtainable for the gyrosphere events? Im sure you could only win common and rare hybrids in these events or am I missing something?

2 Likes

@meg123 Another offer has just popped up on my direct purchases with Pyroraptor for 700DB plus 2 other possible purchases to choose from. 24hr only so move fast. I don’t know if everyone gets the same offers at the same time. Keep an eye on the flashing icon that comes up on the right of the screen, click on that or look at the tabs at the very top and scroll.

Good luck!

2 Likes

@Icthyornis Yea nothing for me. Exactly the same photo as posted earlier :confused: Im also not VIP not sure if that makes a difference?

@Timmah Oh okay thanks. ive got a rare event in 3 hours. i guess ill know then.

1 Like

@Daven Thank you for the reply. Just wanted to confirm if thats okay if the offer is going to return as @Jurassic_Fury said? Because I just never thought/ was interested in buying individual copies only now but pretty sure it has happened before too. Cheers!

1 Like

It says so for previous prizes not the top one I.e pyro might be a possible prize in the 4th battle if you lose it

2 Likes

Oh, sorry to hear that. Over time I have gradually won them from the daily lottery and rare events as well, you have to just get lucky with these. I also once got offered Pyroraptor on a ‘Coins for Jurassic’ custom trade in the trade harbour, so that’s worth a try too if you have plenty of coins and are at a high enough level.

I am not a VIP either, so it can’t be that.

2 Likes

Fair warning to lower level players, collect as many locked Rares and Super Rares from Custom Trades while you still can if you are Post Reshuffle Players. I used to get a lot of those but after around level 95 or 96 I stopped getting Super Rares in Custom Trades.

I never observed when I stopped getting Rares but I assume it was somewhere at 92 or so. My advice is collect as many locked creatures as you can from Custom Trades, trying DNA to Jurassic and Coins to Jurassic.

Once ahead of level 96 or so, you only get Legendaries/Hybrids but not base Rares and Super Rares anymore.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

My apologies,
I’ve rechecked with the team, and it seems that the Dino Bucks offers are permanent! The team has temporarily disabled the feature and should fully be reactivated this week.
Hope it answers your question, @meg123 & @Jurassic_Fury. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Ahhh! Thanks @Daven. I read your post in a perfect timing with the Jurassic Park metal cover beat drop. :boom:

1 Like

Did the Rarity Rumble event on Saturday, hoping for Pyro, but got another Tapejara (yawn). Then I did the Cenozoic event on Sunday and to my great surprise won Pyroraptor! Funny the way it goes, I now have enough but have to work on getting a maxed Carnotarus, at least I have him unlocked.

Yay thanks @Daven ! At first glance at your comment, i almost passed away when i saw the word permanent and thought the worse has happened lol. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Hey guys back again. Not sure if its just me but I still cant buy Pyro for 1750 BD and doesnt even come up with real money offers even if i wanted to.

1 Like

Yup even I was looking to buy the last pyro for DB but its been more than a week since it was said it’d be reactivated. If we could get an update on this it would be great @Daven

2 Likes