Lockwood Matchmaking

Before 1.7 and stat boosts, I hovered around 4400 trophies. I could never break 4500, but I rarely dropped below 4300. After 1.7 nuked the game, I fell to 4020 trophies at the lowest. This was due to the change in matchmaking. Until I swapped my team, I could not get above 4200 trophies. Today, I swapped my team and removed my 4 level 24 dinosaurs. Since then, I’ve climbed 250 trophies, today alone. I’ve attached pictures of my team before and after 1.7, as well as my current team (in that order). I’ve circled “awkward spots” on my team in yellow. Please note stat boosts have been applied (fairly) evenly and levels have changed over time. Magna, Dilorach, Dio, etc. were not on my team pre 1.7 because I had not unlocked them.image

My conclusion is obvious, but I felt like I should share it. Higher level creatures will lock you in trophy count. Poor matchmaking is the reason that I remained in the same spot despite battling for a month. If you have the same issue, try taking out your higher level creatures. I hope this helps!

1 Like

Yep, just like the conclusions I reached here -
Can't beat 'em, join 'em! A new experiment

Lower level teams (even boosted) move up in this new JWA due to the horribly designed and implemented matchmaking.

1 Like

Really makes regret leveling up my dinos

I like the challenge in Lockwood, personally. I can’t touch Aviary, but still kicking butt in upper Lockwood.