Long Invincibility only lasts 1 turn versus strike and run

This is for reporting bugs only, if you are having trouble making a purchase or need help recovering your account please post in Help & Support here.

Please fill in the following fields!

Bug Description: My Quetzorion used long invincibility against an erlidom who hit the shield with strike and run. The next dino that came out was a phorusaura. My shield immediately went down upon entry of the second dino.

Area is was found in: arena/tournament

How do you reproduce the bug:
Step 1- use long invincibility
Step 2 - opponent uses strike and run (or potentially other run moves) into a dino with a swap in move
Step 3 - shield goes away upon entry of the second dino
(add more if needed)

How often does it happen: every time

What type of device are you using: iphone xs

Anything else? (add screenshots or additional information here)

It’s not a bug. The Strike from Strike-and-run and the automatic swap into the SIA are two separate turns.

I had reported this a few weeks ago. I still think it’s a mistake or bug, or at least it’s a very dumb thing. One turn should count as both players making a move. But oh well.

1 Like

A similar turn bug allows you to skip a counter-attack turn of distraction moves with a well timed instant distraction/instant invincibility. The turns are screwy in this game, but it doesn’t look like they’ll be getting fixed.

It isn’t a bug. Moves count as turns. Therefore Instant Distraction/Invincibility is a turn. Ludia’s logic is really simple. If you don’t bother to understand it, you’ll probably see bugs everywhere.
Although sometimes there really are bugs everywhere :sweat_smile:.

Regardless, they designed things that way, that’s why to them, there’s nothing to fix.
The mods have assured us that they’ve communicated our concerns to the devs.

On escapes are bugged as far as i know. We did let Ned know to pass it a long, so not sure if that got fixed yet.

2 Likes

It just confuses me sometimes, but I get where you’re coming from :sweat_smile:

I really love the battle system, I just wish it was more… Strategic? Accurate? Maybe a combo of both. It bothers me to no end that it’s possible for a distracted counter attack to only last for 1 turn instead of the full 2.

It sounds like blocking 2 moves in 2 turns, not 2 turns protection, seems Ludia doesn’t give it a good explanation

Yes, they could definitely have explained it better.
The rule is,
For shields and evasion, as well as debuffs, the number of turns they last for is the number of turns the opponent completes.
For other buffs, the number of turns they last for is the number of turns the user completes.

And what counts as a turn? Using any move, swapping and dying all count as completed turns.

This is the explanation I’ve learnt from my experience.