Ludia Forums

Looking for advice again

I have been trying different team comps and I just cant find one I like. I lose to a bunch of standard stuff - 145 speed thors, 150+ magnas and monolometradons, 8k hp 1500dmg maximus, and of course 2k+ dmg trykos. I also lose to weird stuff like max boosted speed indom and indom gen 2s. I just dont know the best way to build my team. Here are my options (and I need a boost reshuffle bad):

These are my my boosted dinos:

I just fell back to aviary again. Any help appreciated.

Woah, a lad like you shouldn’t be that far down, but I recommend to add smilonemys to your team, I dont know for what but it can really tank out any non-resilients

1 Like

Spyx needs the speed to bring down those Mags and Thors, as well as having enough output and HP to knock in 2

1 Like

I actually find a higher HP/Attack Spyx works well. I chose not to try and play the speed race with Mags and can take a hit from them while one shotting them lol. But I’m in a different meta so I can’t really say what would be good for Aviary/Low Library. I still run Nemys and that’s been good esp for the Thor and even the Tenrex when you play it right.

3 Likes

What’s the Hp on the magna’s your going up against? May want to actually try using toura

2 Likes

Nemys is ok, I tried running it, but while it does work, it falls easily to the boosted monsters (and RNG, but that’s another problem) as well as the fact that it doesn’t have great output at all. Spyx built like that could work, but I think the power imbalance in library and aviary may render it ineffective.

1 Like

personally would use gemini over maxima as it has a better matchup against cunnings like erlidom.
i have rinex over orion as the and run on her is useful for finishing off something and bringing out a fresh dino. and i don’t face too many erlidoms and spyxs where im at.

i feel your team needs some sort of swap in damage utility, but i’m unsure what would be the best option to switch out for.

1 Like

I recommend you use Nemys, against Thor it does not go as badly as other creatures, the armor it has makes it complex to gnaw

1 Like

A very very beefy thor will kill a lot of those. I run mine with 15 hp and only like 4 attack. I’ve killed magna’s and stuff just because they can’t kill you in 2 hits.

1 Like

Maxima’s extra bulk comes in handy more often than you’d think, and the shields lower cooldown can also help. I think it really depends on playstyle, and that is only multiplied when boosts are factored in

1 Like

surprised you are in avairy with that team I’m floating mid to upper aviary with this

1 Like

shores matchmaking has pushed a lot of teams down. aviary is probably more congested than it was previously.

1 Like

Well that would explain the occasional freak match with a team of 30s. Also I would recommend thor over mortem 4 levels make a difference and it’s just better suited to the arena now would consider removing dio he just doesn’t seem to have a whole lot of value the way the meta is compared to a phoru or a Thor

1 Like

yeah. personally, i like gemini better. maxima’s extra hp and crit aren’t enough to entice me to use her. both feel way to similar to each other and i like higher attack values.

1 Like

Thanks all. Some samples:

I did hit a new high though for the season. 5257!!! Still trying out all these suggestions. Thanks again.

when you get monolometrodon to adecent level (24) add it

i mean the unique monolometrodon hybrid