Lost 46 trophies after one defeat

… from 4,801 to 4,755. Really?! I don’t think I was that bad…

Other times I have noticed I lost (or gained) fewer trophies than I should have, only 15 or 16. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

What determines how many trophies you earn or lose?

Thanks for any replies.

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have no idea- but I’m still in shock after I lost 700 trophies in just over an hour. I used the same lineup that brought me to over 4700 and plummeted to under 4100. I kept thinking that it was going to turn around but it never did. Now I’m petrified to play.

Its the elo system. The greater the trophy disparity, the further from 30 you get.

For example, if you are (I will make up numbers here) 250 trophies higher than your opponent, you will win 12 but lose 40. Ditto for the reverse.

Does this help explain it?

2 Likes

So I must have lost to some real smarties. Unfortunately I remember stuns not stunning, cloaks not cloaking… Just bad luck maybe. Thanks for the discussion.

1 Like

Yes, never heard about this before but I’m glad they are using it. The opponent has about 100 fewer trophies (right now), so that makes sense. I wonder if s/he also won that many trophies? I don’t think I ever got that many even if my opponent was much higher ranked… but maybe I just didn’t notice.

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

When I’m on a prolonged losing streak I usually take a break… you get too frustrated to think straight.

It will turn around, you’ll see!

2 Likes

I stopped battling already and just riding it out. Out if incubators but I don’t care anymore.

1 Like

They should gain what you lost. Ive both gained and lost over 45 trophies :eyes:

1 Like

I dont care if lose many times.just think whatever you in battle makes enjoy and learn tactic of battle.Now i feel battle harder than before when I was in Ruin.Last night I face stegodeus lvl 30. I think its fine just play and try to beat the higher opponent. Finally I have losen. I dont care.just enjoy and feel happy.:hugs:

1 Like

@wrothgar

Thanks for explaining this, I had wanted to ask about it for a while. It seems to help balance “unfair” mm.

1 Like

I just lost 36 trophies after a Tryko wiped out my entire team - 0:3 - but the opponent has almost the same no. of trophies. I guess extra points for a massacre :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thats a difference of, now, 72 trophies. Add that to whatever the difference is now.

1 Like