Ludia Forums

Lost All My Progress

So I recently purchased a new phone and when I opened up LoveLink the game asked me to link my facebook account (which I don’t have), or to use my Apple account, which I tried but it kept telling me to start a new game, which I don’t really want to do since I’ve purchased gems and paid money for this game.

Is there a way to recover my old account, I don’t have my in game support key since I never saved it because I thought my progress will be saved to my apple account automatically once I download the game.

I have also emailed support but I have not gotten any reply yet.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Hey @sleepy, I’m sorry you lost the progress to your account. Once our team gets a chance to review your email, they’ll definitely try their best to assist you with your account recovery!

It’s been 2 days now and I have yet to receive a reply from support @Ned . I really need help recovering my account or at least getting my purchases back so I can just get the progress back myself. Is there any representative I can talk to help with this quickly?

As tickets are answered in the order that they come in, it might take a bit of time for our team to reach your message, depending on the number of tickets currently in their queue. :sweat:

However, please rest assured that our team is working as quickly as possible to get back to everyone.